Palin says: "Obama pals around with terrorists"

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Originally posted by: classy
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: jman19
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Answer this question for me.

When did Obama learn that Ayers had been a terrorist. And what was his reaction.

As usual, PJ can't make a claim with any sort of evidence, so he'll just ask an "innocent" question and run away. Talk about pathetic and transparent tactics.

As usual - leftists ignore the real questions and instead keep trying to kill that strawman they erected around this issue, divert, or attack the closest non-leftist.

He was 8 years old when this man committed these acts. Obama met this man more than 20 years later. There is no evidence that Ayers was engaging in any terrorist activity since. So how in the hell does knowing a guy who did something in his past more than 20 years ago make Obama guilty?
Indeed. McCain and Palin and their team of campaign strategists are going to Hell! :evil:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: Genx87
Originally posted by: WHAMPOM
Just think how many war protestors from the sixties can be tared with the "TERRORIST" brush.

That is the whole idea behind this. That's why we're told that other guilts-by-association, like McCain with Keating and Palin with the AIP, don't matter. It's because the context behind those are not the same. The Boomers are reliving the 60s and dragging us along with it. First, it was Vietnam/Iraq, now it's the '68 election. Next is the '69 recession and the tough economy of the '70s, if we let this go on.

Does that mean the next president will be impeached ;) ?

Nixon wasn't impeached (he resigned) and we already did that one 10 years ago.

Well I think you understand the reference. He was on well on his way before resigning.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: chess9
Funny piece!

I don't care what you deluded left wing whackos think, Obama is a Black Muslim Terrorist and Commie Symp. The evidence is everywhere. Why won't you open your eyes?

NB: See, extended writings of Butterbean, Wheezer, CKG, and others holding AK47s and crouched in their bomb shelters.

-Robert
Not only that but his fellow Traveler, John McCain, was the guest of Communists for 5 years!:shocked:

It's true. He was indoctrinated using drugs and other modern interrogation/manipulation techniques and when elected will hand the USA over to the Communists.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Sheik Yerbouti
This is all rolling back to Iraq and 9/11. It was, to my knowledge, never openly directly connected. BUT, they (the psycho-cons) implied the living shit out of it. They figured the more the public hears 9/11 and Iraq in close proximity, the more likely they are to swallow the bait.
Same theory applies here, the more they mention Barack with Ayers, the more likely the public is going to assume Senator Obama's making pipe bombs in his basement, readying them to lay waste to the Pentagon.
That is very. very sad, and a sign of a very desperate candidate. Poor little Caribou Barbie can't compete, so she must smear. Pathetic.

This reminds me of Gilbert Gottfried at the Bob Saget roast repeatedly refuting "It's not true that Bob Saget raped and killed a girl in 1990!". The accusation had never been made and has no basis in reality but all of a sudden there is an association in people's minds.

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005

When did Obama learn that Ayers had been a terrorist. And what was his reaction.

When did Walter Annenberg learn that Ayers had been a terrorist? And what was his reaction?
When did Annenberg's widow and the head of the Annenberg Foundation, Leonore Annenberg learn that Ayers had been a terrorist? And what was her reaction? And did that reaction come before or after she endorsed John McCain?

Yeah, the Annenberg Foundation, on whose board Ayers and Obama served, is funded by the Annenberg family. The widow of Mr. Annenberg is a major contributor to the McCain campaign. Shouldn't McCain return the funds from a woman who employs terrorists and denounce her?

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Muse
Originally posted by: chess9
Funny piece!

I don't care what you deluded left wing whackos think, Obama is a Black Muslim Terrorist and Commie Symp. The evidence is everywhere. Why won't you open your eyes?

NB: See, extended writings of Butterbean, Wheezer, CKG, and others holding AK47s and crouched in their bomb shelters.

-Robert
Not only that but his fellow Traveler, John McCain, was the guest of Communists for 5 years!:shocked:

It's true. He was indoctrinated using drugs and other modern interrogation/manipulation techniques and when elected will hand the USA over to the Communists.

The Manchurian Candidate and more.

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001

When did Walter Annenberg learn that Ayers had been a terrorist? And what was his reaction?
When did Annenberg's widow and the head of the Annenberg Foundation, Leonore Annenberg learn that Ayers had been a terrorist? And what was her reaction? And did that reaction come before or after she endorsed John McCain?

Wait, she trusts Ayers and endorses McCain? So McCain is in the same inner circle as a terrorist? Why didn't he reject the endorsement from someone who funds terrorists? What was his reaction when he found out?

!!!

CountZero

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2001
We all understand that Obama was 8 when Ayrers went on his bombing spree.

The question is when did he learn that Ayers had been a terrorist. And what his reaction was to learning that.
Especially after 9-11 with Ayers saying that he does not regret what he did.

NO ONE is suggesting that Obama is a terrorist because he knows Ayers either. We are questioning his judgement. And there are real questions about Obama's leftist views.

Obama is trying to make everyone think he is this nice mainstream moderate. But his history and associations suggest otherwise. He has a VERY liberal voting record. He associates himself with very leftist people and groups such as Ayers, Rev. Wright, ACORN and Rashid Khalidi.

Think of it this way. When McCain was endorsed by Hagee the left went nuts. Despite the fact that McCain has never been to Hagee's house. Never served on a board with Hagee, never co-chaired a board with Hagee, was never part of a discussion group with Hagee, never wrote a cover blurb for a Hagee book etc etc.

Maybe you are questioning his judgment but let's be honest here the Palin and McCain joke is to use the word terrorist with Obama to get headlines. It is a sick stupid game. It makes me sad to think the level of discourse they think we deserve is to say he is pal-ing around with terrorists.

Ayers and Obama are casual acquaintances, if guilt by association with a casual acquaintance were enough to call into light someone's judgment than McCain would have enough skeletons to fill 12 houses worth of closets.

Association means very very little. Actions are what matters and when it comes to running a negative campaign McCain is failing to talk up Obama's actions.

Out of curiosity why isn't McCain's judgment up to consideration given his involvement with the Keating 5? At least in that case it is his actions not the actions of someone he is 'pal-ing around with'.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: Howard
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Who fing cares. When did you stop fing your neighbor's wife?
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Moi?

Are you the neighbor's wife?

You are a jackass, through and through.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
When McCain was endorsed by Hagee the left went nuts. Despite the fact that McCain has never been to Hagee's house. Never served on a board with Hagee, never co-chaired a board with Hagee, was never part of a discussion group with Hagee, never wrote a cover blurb for a Hagee book etc etc.

Well, the news about Hagee helped their cause; news about Ayers does not. As such, it gets virtually no play at all and no one is interested in superficial questions like "why does Obama associate with lunatics?"

Judgment is reserved for Republican presidents, not Democrat nominees. Get with the program, John.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: feralkid
Feral, provide me with proof that Palin is suggesting that Obama IS a terrorist.

What she said
"Our opponent ... is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect, imperfect enough, that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country." She also said, "This is not a man who sees America as you see America and as I see America."

It's a little concept called "guilt by association".

Wow... you're still posting here? Don't forget which account you're logged in under! Oh, and I just ended with a preposition. Suck it.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: yowolabi

Wait, she trusts Ayers and endorses McCain? So McCain is in the same inner circle as a terrorist? Why didn't he reject the endorsement from someone who funds terrorists? What was his reaction when he found out?

!!!
Because McCain will do anything to win, and accept money from anyone. It's also the reason why he hasn't brought up Ayers during the debate, Obama would powerslam him with this in a rebuttal.

Edit: Today Obama even dared McCain to "say it to his face" RE: Ayers. ;)

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Do you think the same criteria should apply to McCain? His supporters better hope not because McCain's associated with far worse.

Go right ahead. I don't care. This thread is about BHO's association with a college professor.

Fixed

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Originally posted by: Robor
Do you think the same criteria should apply to McCain? His supporters better hope not because McCain's associated with far worse.

Go right ahead. I don't care. This thread is about BHO's association with admitted unrepentant former terrorist and commie.

Fixed

Fixed.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: SP33Demon

!!!
Because McCain will do anything to win, and accept money from anyone. It's also the reason why he hasn't brought up Ayers during the debate, Obama would powerslam him with this in a rebuttal.

McCain hasn't brought this up because he knows that many people - especially the extreme Left - are either too stupid or too stubborn to differentiate between questioning Obama's judgment and flat-out calling him a terrorist.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Robor

Go right ahead. I don't care. This thread is about BHO's association with a college professor who barely escaped conviction by the skin of his teeth on a technicality.

Fixed

Now it's fixed.

TechAZ also added unrepentant; I forgot that part.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Quite frankly I'm disgusted at the right and at people here on this forum who I thought were better than that.

The fact that they are salivating at the thought of these attacks only shows why their party must be dismantled. It is not good for America if Republicans continue on the course they are on. Karl Rove politics needs to die an ugly death this election.

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
"Say it to my face." Obama baiting McCain?

In an interview with Charlie Gibson, Obama commented on McCain's character attacks over the last week and notes that McCain did not have the sack to say it his face during tuesday's debate:

"I am surprised that, you know, we've been seeing some pretty over-the-top attacks coming out of the McCain campaign over the last several days, that he wasn't willing to say it to my face. But I guess we've got one last debate. So presumably, if he ends up feeling that he needs to, he will raise it during the debate."

it's a win-win move for Obama. It makes him look like he's not afraid of anything - "bring it on, bitch." And the more Obama can point out that McCain isn't talking about the economy and the other issues, it makes everyone who's affected by the tanking economy realize that McCain isn't talking about the economy.

It's like the bully in high school talking about you behind your back. You're ready to pound the snot out of this guy for the shit he's saying. So you confront him and say "Say it to my face." Now the bully has to either walk away defeated, or get his ass whooped.

If McCain brings it up, it hurts him with the undecideds. If he doesn't bring it up, it makes him look like a liar and a pussy.

I really hope at the debate Obama opens with "You and your running mate have been insinuating a lot of disgusting things about me in both your ads and stump speeches. Do you care to address Ayers with me tonight on national TV?". "You've said this and thus about me in your campaign ads, which you've personally approved. Please repeat these charges here and now, and provide proof that they are true." When McCain waffles and shuffles, Obama should then tell him what a coward he is for not repeating the slander.

Of course it's a loser move for McCain. If McCain says anything about it to Obama's face, he'll get the chance to point out that he was 8 years old when Bill Ayers founded the Weather Underground and that he only met the man after he turned away from that group when both of them were working on education reform. As soon as he lets Obama put the facts side-by-side with his blustering idiocy, it's a losing proposition.

He's leaving McCain with three bad choices:

1. Knock off the mudslinging. This deprives McCain of what seems to be his last Hail Mary shot at the election.

2. Bring the mud onto the floor of the final debate. Judging from the reactions to attack statements in previous debates, this would repel everybody except the hardcore Republican base.

3. Continue slinging mud on the trail and stick to the issues during the debate. This makes McCain look like a cowardly guttersnipe.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

As usual - leftists ignore the real questions and instead keep trying to kill that strawman they erected around this issue, divert, or attack the closest non-leftist.

As USUAL??? Your own posts in this thread say a lot more about what's "usual" from you. In this thread, alone, your repeated, usual bullshit claims that somehow, Obama is a terrorist, NOW, because he has an incidental and casual connection with Ayres, who is now a respected university professor. You've posted and reposted and reposted this same lie in this thread. Following are just some of my replies to your many usual bullshit posts:

Keep flogging this irrelevant dead horse. You've already destroyed any credibility you may once have wished you had. The "disgust" icon is exactly right for your continuous, pathetic BULLSHIT. :roll:

---

I notice you haven't managed to establish ANY link between Obama at the tender age of eight to the anything the Weather Underground did. I notice you haven't been able to establish ANY link that remotely suggests Obama has done anything in his entire life that would suggest he approves of what they did decades ago or that the only casual association between Obama and Ayres has anything to do with any form of terrorism.

---

If you have facts and proof that prove Obama was involved in terrorism, post 'em. If not, grow up, grow a pair, and stop the bullshit.

---

You can keep regurgitating the same empty fluff and name calling, but it doesn't make it any more true or relevant. :roll:

---

Then what's your point in continuing to bump this useless topic? Are your neocon overlords paying you overtime to continue puffing up this meaningless fluff, or is this your own personal jackoff? :roll:

---

You've been pimping this lie for days so you've had plenty of time to look into it, yourself. Did you find anything it in your fantsy world to substantiate your bullshit finger pointing and name calling? :confused:
Didn't think so. :roll:

But that wasn't enough for you so here's one of our full exchanges:

Originally posted by: Harvey

There isn't much information out there except for right-wing sources. Maybe if some of the "mainstream" sources would actually look into this and report on it we could come to a conclusion.

That's exactly the point. The issue has been high profile since Hillary raised it in the Democratic primaries. It has been investigated by those you consider to be "mainstream" sources, as well as your favorite right wing liars, and NO ONE has produced ANYTHING.

The usual credible sources all report there is no evidence that Obama was an eight year old terrorist, or that his relationship with Ayres was anything other than casual and incidental to their participation in a project to improve schools, or that he in any way condoned the activities of the Weather underground.

Meanwhile, your favorite mud slingers continue to spew meaningless bullshit completely detached from reality in any form.

The only possible conclusion is that they see some benefit in continuing to sling bullshit in an attempt to convince the dumbest of the dumb that the coindence in time and space between Obama and Ayres somehow makes Obama to be a dreaded evil terrorist intent on destroying our nation.

But as it sits right now - it's been glossed over and neither side can claim "truth" to their claims.

So you're demanding that those who know you're full of shit should prove a negative by providing non-existent evidence of non-exisitent crimes and non-exisitent motives. You know as well as anyone that is bullshit, but you continue to float this lie as if there was any possiblity of truth behind it.

Go home and practice, little boy. Your bullshit doesn't fly, here. It just provides further proof of your desperation. :thumbsdown: :|

Here's another:

Wrong, it has not been investigated. It's been looked at and dismissed by the mainstream - they've done nothing more than surface work. Sure, it gives BHO cover but is it the "truth"? We don't know what the "truth" is because it's not been investigated thoroughly enough.

If Rupert Murdoch, Lush Limbaugh, Billo and the rest of your favorite neocon liars with all of the resources at their disposal, can't find anything to substantiate your bullshit, and it means that much to you, and go out and prove it, yourself.

If you can't, repeating it doesn't make it any more true. But keep it up, clown boy. It's just more evidence of the McCain campaign's desperation, as well as your own.

John McCain's a lying, two faced POS who couldn't keep his Double Talk Express on track if it had training wheels.

And yet another:

Again, there are some right-wing people digging into this...

Of course they're digging into it. What does that prove other than that's what Rupert's paying them to do?

... and they have found more

They have? WHAT more have they found? The absence of any of the "more" you allege they've found in ANY your posts makes it evident the answer is still ZIP... NADA.

Now that you've embarrassed yourself yet again, is there any reason you shouldn't STFU about the subject until they... or you... actualy have something to say? Or is continuing to bump this thread with vapid, meaningless restatements of the same bullshit part of your need to embarrass yourself further? :laugh:

lol at the duhversion to McCain. As if I care even if it was on topic.

The McCain campaign is up to their dirty lying assholes in this particular POS lie. Your Lipstick Dipstick is pimping this lie in her stump speeches, RIGHT NOW! She says:

Our opponent is someone who sees America as imperfect enough to pal around with terrorists who targeted their own country.

Who do you think writes and vets her speeches? The only attempts at any "duhversion" are from you and the rest of the right wing dogma patrol. :roll:

Then, when you attempted to suupport your claim that some mysterious "they" had found "more," the best you could post was:

:roll:

Here's one quick run down of 10 reasons he's not just some "guy in the neighborhood"

But again, much of even those details haven't been looked into and there are other "reports" from other right-wing sources that dive alot more into individual "coincidences".

So when you were called on your LIES and asked to substantiate your bogus claims, you AGAIN posted claims that, by your own admission, are nothing but unsubstantiated smears from a race baiting, paranoid rumor mill.

We're still waiting for the "more" found by your mysterious "they." Your problem is, it doesn't exist. Your bigger problem is, neither does your credibility. :roll:
< crickets > :clock:
< crickets > :clock:

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: jbourne77

!!!

McCain hasn't brought this up because he knows that many people - especially the extreme Left - are either too stupid or too stubborn to differentiate between questioning Obama's judgment and flat-out calling him a terrorist.

Sorry, no. The people that can't differentiate are the ones that are attending McCain's and Palin's rallies, and that's what his campaign is hoping for. That's why they are yelling "terrorist", "treason", and "kill him" during their speeches.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Balt
Originally posted by: jbourne77

!!!

Sorry, no. The people that can't differentiate are the ones that are attending McCain's and Palin's rallies, and that's what his campaign is hoping for. That's why they are yelling "terrorist", "treason", and "kill him" during their speeches.

Every party has its radicals, just like the left has its tire-slashing, homeless vote round-up, and vandalism. A few hicks yelling obscenities is sad, but par for the course for any campaign stop, regardless of the party. You did hear about the hostile liberal protesters outside that same rally, right?

Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that Obama's judgment is in dire need of scrutiny. For some reason, a lot of you would just prefer to look the other way. Like I said: stupidity or stubbornness. It's one or the other.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

wow same old bullshit by the same old bitter man.

No where did I state that BHO was a terrorist. You far leftists sure seem to be sensitive on the Ayers subject...so much so that you have to make shit up to argue against.

lol at your little tirade full of bullshit though. It's the same old irrational shit...just a different thread. You should actually READ what I post for once so you don't continue make a fool of yourself with these demented tirades.

f'n apologists.