Palin says: "Obama pals around with terrorists"

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Really? Obama pals around with terrorists?

http://voices.washingtonpost.c...o_nyt_citing_arti.html

At a fundraiser this morning in Englewood, Colo., Palin cited an article in today's New York Times as evidence that Obama "sees America as imperfect enough to pal around with terrorists who targeted their own country." The Alaska governor was referring to William Ayers, one of the founding members of the Weathermen and someone who once served on a charitable board with Obama in Chicago. The group conducted bombings in the 1960s in protest of the Vietnam War; Obama has denounced Ayers' involvement in the group.

EDIT: Appeasing the forum gods. Topic is about Obama's connection to Ayers who was credited with founding the radical weatherman. Obama has denounced the actions in the past but with politics nearing a feverish pace, everyone and everything is fair game.

Guys your gonna have to forgive me, sitting here with over 100 temperature and bronchitis. I'm not up to par :(

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Even with all the spin on that "article", it proves Obama is trying to cover up a past association with someone.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
It's ok if you use your Republican to English translator you'll see what she said was "Obama pals around with Democrats and/or liberals"

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
And Palin pals around with the McVeigh militia and abortion clinic bomber crowds.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Really? Obama pals around with terrorists? Not even close. I think this stems from Obama not having "preconditions" when meeting with other countries leaders. Do you feel there should be preconditions? I think not, and I think its important to get away from the last 8yrs of foreign policy "with us or against us" attitude.

At a fundraiser this morning in Englewood, Colo., Palin cited an article in today's New York Times as evidence that Obama "sees America as imperfect enough to pal around with terrorists who targeted their own country." The Alaska governor was referring to William Ayers, one of the founding members of the Weathermen and someone who once served on a charitable board with Obama in Chicago. The group conducted bombings in the 1960s in protest of the Vietnam War; Obama has denounced Ayers' involvement in the group.

I'm not seeing the connection between meeting with foreign leaders like Iran's and North Korea and her statements of Obama's past relationship with William Ayers.

Am I missing something?

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
This comes from the relationship between Obama and Bill Ayers and has nothing to do with foreign governments or 'preconditions'

Are you that dense?

Obama's FIRST fundraiser was held at the house of a admitted terrorist.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: TechAZ
Really? Obama pals around with terrorists? Not even close. I think this stems from Obama not having "preconditions" when meeting with other countries leaders. Do you feel there should be preconditions? I think not, and I think its important to get away from the last 8yrs of foreign policy "with us or against us" attitude.

I'm not seeing the connection between meeting with foreign leaders like Iran's and North Korea and her statements of Obama's past relationship with William Ayers.

Am I missing something?

Not at all. I was only bringing forth another part of the rhetoric used by McPalin.

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
This comes from the relationship between Obama and Bill Ayers and has nothing to do with foreign governments or 'preconditions'

Are you that dense?

Exactly to bad the MSM is in the tank for Obama or else more would hear about this issue.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007

Am I missing something?

Not at all. I was only bringing forth another part of the rhetoric used by McPalin.

You said "I think this stems from Obama not having "preconditions" when meeting with other countries leaders."

You weren't bringing forth another part of rhetoric, rather linking the two as if you didn't read the quote you included in the OP.

I think you're a little confused. I would like to see Obama clear this up instead of ignoring it and pretending it's the vast right wing conspiracy. Afterall, if he has done nothing wrong and hasn't had bad judgment with this guy than he has nothing to lose....and everything to gain from independents. Although it appears he might not need much more help anyway.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Are you that dense?

Who's behavior Obama has publicly denounced.

I know you folks like to play the "Obama associates with bad people" card a lot, but are you really suggesting that everyone McCain has ever associated with is a perfect saint? Not that I would care either way, I think people are defined by their behavior, not the behavior of others, but it makes your argument look pretty stupid.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: ScottyB
She sure learned some class up there in Alaska.

If there are classy Republicans out there, they are few and far between. When it comes to campaigning, Republicans have all the class and charm of a mugger.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Originally posted by: Rainsford

Are you that dense?

I know you folks like to play the "Obama associates with bad people" card a lot, but are you really suggesting that everyone McCain has ever associated with is a perfect saint? Not that I would care either way, I think people are defined by their behavior, not the behavior of others, but it makes your argument look pretty stupid.

It depends on the association and how close it was.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: ScottyB
She sure learned some class up there in Alaska.
She's just parroting bullshit fed to her by McCain operatives, that stupid twit doesn't even know who the Weather Underground were.

It's a sure sign they are getting desperate, losing when it comes to talking about the issues all they have left is to try and tarnish Obama's character and McCain's operatives are playing that bimbo for all she's worth by sending her out to do it and she's so fucking incoherent that she doesn't realize what it will do to her own reputation.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Are you that dense?

It depends on the association and how close it was.

Obviously, which is my point. Republicans seem to have taken the approach of trying to find anyone who's taken a picture with Obama and smearing his name by waving their "association" around. Nobody has proved the associations in question were close enough to mean Obama might share their views, but that doesn't stop the smear machine.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006

Are you that dense?

Did he denounce him before or after Ayers helped to raise money for Obama's campaign?

Also, Obama seems to have a history of denouncing people after his association with them becomes a problem.

Ayers held a fundraiser for Obama in his private home and yet Obama wants us to believe that 'he is just a guy I know"

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Are you that dense?

Did he denounce him before or after Ayers helped to raise money for Obama's campaign?

Also, Obama seems to have a history of denouncing people after his association with them becomes a problem.

Ayers held a fundraiser for Obama in his private home and yet Obama wants us to believe that 'he is just a guy I know"

If you have an argument to make, you should make it. I don't think your conspiracy theory style insinuations are worth very much. Are you suggesting Obama is a terrorist or has terrorist sympathies? If so, I hope you have more proof than THIS.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007

Are you that dense?

If you have an argument to make, you should make it. I don't think your conspiracy theory style insinuations are worth very much. Are you suggesting Obama is a terrorist or has terrorist sympathies? If so, I hope you have more proof than THIS.

I think the biggest question people have is...did he know what Bill Ayers was and his views? Was his past a big secret? I think that's a legitimate question, and not some conspiracy being put forth. It's a simple question, but everybody is afraid to ask him.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
She doesn't have the credibility to be an attack dog. They should use her to motivate the base, because that is the 25% who believe she is qualified an will bother listening to what she says.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
This is just the beginning of a drastic change in the tone of the campaign. It's been speculated that it was coming with McCain's numbers dipping in the polls.

The big question is how much McCain himself will get involved and how much he will let his surrogates do it. He might engage in the attacks himself or he might just shrug and say his "maverick barracuda" has her own strong opinions and he's not going to try to control her.

Edit: Another question is how Obama's campaign will respond. There is certainly plenty of dirty laundry in McCain's past, but talking about anything related to McCain's military service would be campaign suicide for Obama.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
whining

Does the OP please you now?

Thank me for pointing out you don't know what the hell you're talking about. I'll be waiting.

I wouldn't have made such a smartass reply...but you asked for it. If you want, you can PM me anything you plan on posting in the future to make you look like you almost had a point and didn't just type something up without knowing what you were talking about.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Ocguy31

Even with all the spin on that "article", it proves Obama is trying to cover up a past association with someone.

If so, maybe it's his association with YOU or someone else equally insignificant, because he hasn't denied his connection to Ayres. :roll:

Ayres was member of the Weather Underground that claimed responsibility for a dozen bombings between 1970 and 1974, when Obama was around eight years old. You're going to have to spin a lot of smoke and bullshit to make that connection stick as somehow painting thier guilt on Obama.

Since then, Ayres, himself has evolved into a distinguished professor of education at the University of Illinois-Chicago. Both Obama and Ayers were members of the board of an anti-poverty group, the Woods Fund of Chicago, between 1999 and 2002. In addition, Ayers contributed $200 to Obama's re-election fund to the Illinois State Senate in April 2001, as reported here. They lived within a few blocks of each other in the trendy Hyde Park section of Chicago, and moved in the same liberal-progressive circles.

The only hard facts that have come out so far are the $200 contribution by Ayers to the Obama re-election fund, and their joint membership of the eight-person Woods Fund Board. The Woods Fund is a foundation that supports grassroots change efforts.

Source.

Is that a swiftboat in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? :roll: