Palin says: "Obama pals around with terrorists"

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ZOOYUKA

Platinum Member
Jan 24, 2005
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: ZOOYUKA
I have a question for all the people fired up about these statments: How come you weren't this fired up when Hillary Clinton made the exact same accusations in April of this year?

Show me one time where a Hillary supporter said that Obama was friends with terrorists, and I'll call her every bit as much of a scumbag as John McCain is... which is a pretty horrible insult at this point.

It wasn't a supporter it was Hillary Clinton.

Give me a quote and a link. I bet you she said nothing close to that.

Here you go!

Just what I figured. Hillary attacked Obama about Ayers by saying he associated with him after he came out and said some ridiculous stuff, and Palin said that Obama is friends with terrorists. Now we have you trying to equate the two.

*sigh*

They are both trying to drive home the same point. If Obama wasn't a fellow democrat she probably would have exploited it even more.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I have a question for all the people fired up about these statments: How come you weren't this fired up when Hillary Clinton made the exact same accusations in April of this year?

Show me one time where a Hillary supporter said that Obama was friends with terrorists, and I'll call her every bit as much of a scumbag as John McCain is... which is a pretty horrible insult at this point.

Here you go!

Just what I figured. Hillary attacked Obama about Ayers by saying he associated with him after he came out and said some ridiculous stuff, and Palin said that Obama is friends with terrorists. Now we have you trying to equate the two.

*sigh*

They are both trying to drive home the same point. If Obama wasn't a fellow democrat she probably would have exploited it even more.
And risk making an ass out of herself like McCain, Palin and you are doing?

ZOOYUKA

Platinum Member
Jan 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Here you go!

*sigh*

Are you insuating that Hillary Clinton has problem making an ass out of herself?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Here you go!

*sigh*

Are you insuating that Hillary Clinton has problem making an ass out of herself?
Yes but obviously you don't.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Here you go!

*sigh*

They are both trying to make a similar point, I agree.

On one hand we have Hillary who gave a series of (factually correct) statements about Obama and relied upon people to draw their own conclusions. It was deceptive, but fundamentally accurate. Pretty sneaky political move.

Palin on the other hand tried to do the same thing, but isn't any good at it. She skipped all the insinuation and clever prodding and just spat out a lie that connected all the dots Hillary relied upon her audience to connect for her. This is a rookie political mistake. If people connect the dots to create a lie in their head you can't be blamed very easily. If you just yell out a lie at a campaign rally, you're going to get called on it.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: Vic
And Palin pals around with the McVeigh militia and abortion clinic bomber crowds.

Proof?

There is just as much proof of what I said as there is that "Obama pals around with terrorists."

IOW, none. But if you want to go completely without proof and stretch to vague associations, you could easily say the respective same about both.

That's why I said it, to demonstrate to the particular people spreading (or supporting the spread of) these unfounded accusations and lies what it feels like when the shoe is on the other foot, as it were.

Originally posted by: jbourne77
As far as Vic is concerned, the fact that she's a Republican is all the proof he needs to make countless judgments against her.
Just like the fact that you think I'm a Democrat is all the proof you need to make this unfounded judgment against me.

Funny how that works, eh?

edit: BTW, both of you should check your sarcasm meters, they're clearly broken. Probably from an overload of partisanship.

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
This whole topic is a diversion by the Dipstick with Lipstick and the McCain camp from the real issues. And now when they make a baseless accusation and in return are hit with an accusation based on fact they whine about diversions.

They are baiting Obama before the debate tomorrow. If they think that's a good idea, McCain's campaign still hasn't realized who they're up against. Who's funding Obama's campaign?. I am, along with millions of my fellow Americans.

How long before Senator McCain and Gov. Palin start quoting email rumors in their speeches?

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Here you go!

That stench coming from your post is from your bullshit. From your link, here is the ONLY direct quote of she said:

Sen. Hillary Clinton then piled on.

?I also believe that Senator Obama served on a board with Mr. Ayers for a period of time, the Woods Foundation, which was a paid directorship position. And, if I?m not mistaken, that relationship with Mr. Ayers on this board continued after 9/11 and after his reported comments, which were deeply hurtful to people in New York and, I would hope, to every American, because they were published on 9/11, and he said that he was just sorry they hadn?t done more.?

Please show us where "Hillary Clinton made the exact same accusations." If you can't, you may want to look for another mud pit. The stuff you're flinging doesn't stick.

Viditor

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999

They are both trying to make a similar point, I agree.

On one hand we have Hillary who gave a series of (factually correct) statements about Obama and relied upon people to draw their own conclusions. It was deceptive, but fundamentally accurate. Pretty sneaky political move.

Palin on the other hand tried to do the same thing, but isn't any good at it. She skipped all the insinuation and clever prodding and just spat out a lie that connected all the dots Hillary relied upon her audience to connect for her. This is a rookie political mistake. If people connect the dots to create a lie in their head you can't be blamed very easily. If you just yell out a lie at a campaign rally, you're going to get called on it.

But you aren't mentioning the elephant in the room...both times the comments were made by a candidate who had become desperate because there looked to be little chance of them winning.
The politics of fear mongering is never pretty...

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
The real reason Palin is doing this?

She knows her political career will take an enormous hit, perhaps a career-ending hit, if she becomes an albatross for the GOP.

She's going to say and do anything she can.

I'm afraid that Obama and Biden will NOT sink to her level. But Troopergate might negate any reason to, if it knocks Palin down another notch or two.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Only blind partisans grant Palin any credibility at all. Reconcile this-

Palin accuses Obama of being unpatriotic because he "pals around with terrorists", yet her own husband is a secessionist, and she's addressed gatherings of the secessionist Alaskan independence party...

Last time I checked, we fought the bloodiest war in our history, the Civil War, over that very issue. Back then, secessionists were traitors, but today they're patriots, right?

Somewhere in that, there's an amazing disconnect by her fans... a really big disconnect...

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
I'm just not optimistic about what public opinion will be after the 24 hour news channels have talked about this for the whole week...

Buck Armstrong

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
Even with all the spin on that "article", it proves Obama is trying to cover up a past association with someone.

You mean the African witchdoctor who cast a Jesus spell protecting him from devils and demons?

Oh wait, that was Palin...

Buck Armstrong

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2004
Originally posted by: quest55720
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
This comes from the relationship between Obama and Bill Ayers and has nothing to do with foreign governments or 'preconditions'

Are you that dense?

Obama's FIRST fundraiser was held at the house of a admitted terrorist.

Exactly to bad the MSM is in the tank for Obama or else more would hear about this issue.

You guys have a valid point...but you keep forgetting the reason: George Bush broke the whole fucking world. Therefore, his party must sit the next four years out.

Buck Armstrong

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2004
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Also, Obama seems to have a history of denouncing people after his association with them becomes a problem.

I know, like that Keating guy he slept with for $100,000...woops! :eek:

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Is it now a life sentence of guilty to be found not guilty or involved illegally from something?

Viditor

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Originally posted by: TechAZ
Is it now a life sentence of guilty to be found not guilty or involved illegally from something?

Are you talking about Obama or McCain?

ch33kym0use

Jul 17, 2005
The bailout for the companies that failed exposed those who voted for it as corporate fascists. Now, how do you like your corporate fascism today? Because it exposed each and every American in government that supported it as being a corporate fascist.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Its turns out that McCain has been been harboring a terrorist and carting that terrorists where ever he goes. Because McCain supports terrorism too and has for a very long time.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...VrTffZFelmHcmrPoes0NUE

And Mccain was a lot older than eight when it happened. I do not know where he found the time because he was also sleeping with Keating. But McCain has been a very busy boy and in the terrorism business for a very
long time. And the guys McCain supports, support Neo Nazis and South American death squads.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Corbett
And Palin pals around with the McVeigh militia and abortion clinic bomber crowds.

Proof?

There is just as much proof of what I said as there is that "Obama pals around with terrorists."

IOW, none. But if you want to go completely without proof and stretch to vague associations, you could easily say the respective same about both.

Humor me. Go ahead and post facts of Palin holding fundrasiers at McVeigh's house or some other person who bombed a building.

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
Here are the ugly, cretinous thugs Obama is up against:

From Dana Milbank's article in yesterday's Washington Post

Worse, Palin's routine attacks on the media have begun to spill into ugliness. In Clearwater, arriving reporters were greeted with shouts and taunts by the crowd of about 3,000. Palin then went on to blame Katie Couric's questions for her "less-than-successful interview with kinda mainstream media." At that, Palin supporters turned on reporters in the press area, waving thunder sticks and shouting abuse. Others hurled obscenities at a camera crew. One Palin supporter shouted a racial epithet at an African American sound man for a network and told him, "Sit down, boy."

The reception had been better in Clearwater, where Palin, speaking to a sea of "Palin Power" and "Sarahcuda" T-shirts, tried to link Obama to the 1960s Weather Underground. "One of his earliest supporters is a man named Bill Ayers," she said. ("Boooo!" said the crowd.) "And, according to the New York Times, he was a domestic terrorist and part of a group that, quote, 'launched a campaign of bombings that would target the Pentagon and our U.S. Capitol,' " she continued. ("Boooo!" the crowd repeated.)

"Kill him!" proposed one man in the audience.

Here's a video of McCain rally where McCain asks "Who is Obama really?" and gets a shout of "A TERRORIST!!!!" back. McCain makes a little "oooh you so bad!" face and gives a little smile, saying nothing against this slur.

And finally, tonight the chairman of Pennsylvania's GOP sent out an email proclaiming:OBAMA A TERRORIST BEST FREIND , Utter bullshit!.

These are the vile, vicious acts of a desperate and flailing campaign and its all-too-easily incited believers. Their current approach will motivate the true believers, but... they're already motivated. And they only get one vote no matter how freaked out they are. Tactics like this just make swing voters MORE apathetic, not less.

Here's what Sarah Palin represents to her followers: being a lipstick pig who pins "Country First" buttons on his man titties and chants "U-S-A! U-S-A!" at the top of his lungs while his kids live off credit cards and Saudis buy up all the mortgages in Kansas.

The truly disgusting thing about Sarah Palin isn't that she's totally out of her element, or a religious zealot, or married to a secessionist, or unable to educate her own daughter about sex, or a fake conservative who raised taxes and horked up earmark millions every chance she got. No, the most disgusting thing about her is what she says about us: that you can ram us in the ass for eight solid years, and we'll not only thank you for your trouble, we'll sign you up for eight more years, if only you promise to stroke us in the right spot for a few hours around election time.

The rhetoric from them is starting to obtain a certain fascist/nationalist fervor to it. It isn't quite there yet, but it seems like it is approaching that level. They are charging the Obama supporters with being un-patriotic, coddling/associating with terrorists, hating America, , etc, etc, ad naseum.

Disgusting...