Palin says: "Obama pals around with terrorists"

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Butterbean
Obama is filthy not just with Ayers but a whole cadre of anti-American loons, racists etc. Only a real Kool-Aid drinker or an ignorant person could defend Obama from Ayers - he launched a campaign from his house and they worked looney program together with Annenberg funding. McCain was cleared in Keating but John Glenn was accused in Keating too and he stumps for Obama campaign and just introduced Springsteen at a rally for Obama. Obama is guaranteed weirdo that the media has protected.

You calling someone a weirdo. Now that's rich.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
Originally posted by: nerp
I kind of wish obama was muslim. That would be cool. .

Yes, so do I. He wouldnt have even gotten to smell the nomination.

Although I would be more enthusiastic if the Republicans kept the wacko god-squad out of thier choices as well.

Sorry guy, that's the base of the (R) party.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: OrByte
one of the points made in one of the comments sections you linked BMW really struck a chord with me.

John McCain and Sarah Palin are playing with fire. In both examples above (and who knows how many examples that go unreported) the crowds that McCain and Palin are attracting are feeding off of this disdain for Obama in particular and liberalism in general. One guy even went so far as to yell out "Kill him!" in a public place among a sympathetic crowd. People, this is not healthy, and it will only get worse.

You know, we often blame video games or television for some of the crazy stuff kids do these days. This is no different. McCain and Palin are riling up a group of people that just might teeter over the edge and start some real violence in this world.

What happens if violence breaks out in polling places?

violent demonstrations on election day?

heaven forbid someone tries to take out Obama or Biden!

calling half of America "UnAmerican" 'Unpatriotic" "Terrorist Pals" or "America Haters" is so irresponsible, Palin and McCain are both playing with fire.

What do you mean "WHAT IF"? It happened in the last two elections... hint - they weren't Bush supporters.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: XMan

Originally posted by: Harvey

I notice you didn't have a defense for Ayers' group trying to blow up a nine-year old boy in his bed. But I guess that was okay back in your day, right? Anything to stop 'nam . . . :roll:

Irrelevant and useless, but since you asked, I was opposed to the war in Vietnam at the time, but I didn't go around plotting to blow up buildings, and I didn't advocate violence of any kind.

I notice you haven't managed to establish ANY link between Obama at the tender age of eight to the anything the Weather Underground did. I notice you haven't been able to establish ANY link that remotely suggests Obama has done anything in his entire life that would suggest he approves of what they did decades ago or that the only casual association between Obama and Ayres has anything to do with any form of terrorism.

If you have facts and proof that prove Obama was involved in terrorism, post 'em. If not, grow up, grow a pair, and stop the bullshit.

Stop being obtuse.

No one is suggesting that Obama at age 8 had anything to do with Bill Ayers. It's the fact that he associated with him when he was adult, as well as the fact that Ayers is unreprentant for his crimes.

Stop being obese in your skull. If you're NOT suggesting that Obama, at age 8, had anything to do with Bill Ayers or the Weather Underground, then get over yourself. There's no there there.

When Obama finally encountered Ayres, he was a respected university professor. Their association is universally described as casual, at most. Ayers hosted an event for Obama when he first ran for state Senate, and they served together on an educational charity board. Furthermore, Obama has catigorically denounced the radical activities of the Weather Underground.

Do you expect him to hop in the old WayBack Machine and go back to undo whatever Ayers did when Obama was eight years old? :roll:

The only reason Ayers is even free is because of a legal screw-up akin to what happened to OJ.

AH-HAH! So now, it's OJ's fault. Oh well... That's about as rational as the rest of your bullshit. Buahahahaha!!!! :laugh:

If McCain had gone to fundraisers at the home of Ted Kascynski 12 years ago, you and every other partisan democrat would be screaming bloody murder.

And if the actual majority of voters had determined who was elected President, your Traitor In Chief and his criminal cabal would never have murdered 4,177 American troops in a war of LIES or dismantled all control and oversight of our failing financial institutions... You know... the same stupidity your lyinig jackass wannabe Bush clone, John McCain, says he wants to continue, and you wouldn't be spewing all the irrelevant crap you're pimping in this thread. :thumbsdown:

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: jbourne77
What do you mean "WHAT IF"? It happened in the last two elections... hint - they weren't Bush supporters.
I am well aware that it takes 2 to fight thank you.

Unless you mean dems were fighting dems!! :shocked:

My point was, I don't think I have ever seen a Presidential Candidate and Vice Presidential candidate take the rhetoric to these extremes.

Saying your opponent is paling around with terrorists is so over the top. And more importantly people have these very visceral reactions to such inflammatory language...This red meat that McCain and Palin are tossing out to their supporters wil do nothing to aide in any bipartisan efforts in Washington.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

Obama is filthy not just with Ayers but a whole cadre of anti-American loons, racists etc.

Prove that, or STFU!

McCain was cleared in Keating but John Glenn was accused in Keating too and he stumps for Obama campaign and just introduced Springsteen at a rally for Obama. Obama is guaranteed weirdo that the media has protected.

Thanks, man! You've convinced me not to vote for Bruce Springsteen for President... at least this year. :laugh:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: chess9
No one gives a rat's ass about Ayres except people who care about a person's judgment and character.

fixed...

Judgement and character, eh?

I'm sure you'll kill the messenger though. Whatever.

:laugh:

You people keep coming up with fists full of straw.... you'd think you'd learn by now.

You see, this isn't about McCain vs BHO as to character so it matters exactly ZERO that you posted something about McCain. It's especially hilarious that you people still try to respond that way when it's clearly established here that I'm not voting for nor supporting McCain.

But hey... keep up with the duhversions.... F'n apologists...

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

You people keep coming up with fists full of straw.... you'd think you'd learn by now.

When all you have to offer is less than NOTHING, what you call straw is a fortune you couldn't comprehend.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
When Obama finally encountered Ayres, he was a respected university professor.

Buahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!:laugh:

respected by far left nutjobs maybe but anyone who is unrepentant about their reign of terror like him should not be respected.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Has anyone stopped to ask themselves, "If this Ayers guy is such a nasty terrorist, why hasn't the FBI or DHS or someone arrested him by now?"

This appears to be a failure of the highest order for our law enforcement and homeland security departments to just let this guy go free. WTF?

As for him and Obama being "pals" or "friends" or anything of the like is a HUGE stretch. I'd say at best, you could say they were acquaintances. And that's being generous. So generous in fact, I'm really just humoring Cad and throwing him a bone.

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
Originally posted by: OrByte
Saying your opponent is paling around with terrorists is so over the top. And more importantly people have these very visceral reactions to such inflammatory language...This red meat that McCain and Palin are tossing out to their supporters wil do nothing to aide in any bipartisan efforts in Washington.

What's the Difference Between 20th-Century Fascists and 21st-Century Fascists?

Lipstick!

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
What's funny is that these nuts still can't see that politicians, who work with/meet tens of thousands of people throughout their lifetime, can't possibly know about something a person they worked with did 30 years earlier unless they perform background checks on every single person they meet. For crying out loud, the FBI takes 6-12 months to do background checks on the people they hire, and the FBI employs about 40,000, yet we're supposed to expect politicians to do so?

Though in the end, the Keating stuff looks a lot worse with the current recession in tow.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

When Obama finally encountered Ayres, he was a respected university professor.

Buahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!:laugh:

respected by far left nutjobs maybe but anyone who is unrepentant about their reign of terror like him should not be respected.

You can keep regurgitating the same empty fluff and name calling, but it doesn't make it any more true or relevant. :roll:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Has anyone stopped to ask themselves, "If this Ayers guy is such a nasty terrorist, why hasn't the FBI or DHS or someone arrested him by now?"

This appears to be a failure of the highest order for our law enforcement and homeland security departments to just let this guy go free. WTF?

As for him and Obama being "pals" or "friends" or anything of the like is a HUGE stretch. I'd say at best, you could say they were acquaintances. And that's being generous. So generous in fact, I'm really just humoring Cad and throwing him a bone.

Except you haven't read the thread. I've stated that both sides have little to stand on due to it not being looked into by non-right-wing people.
There are just too many coincidences to blow it all off, but not enough information to say exactly what the whole story is.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I notice you didn't have a defense for Ayers' group trying to blow up a nine-year old boy in his bed. But I guess that was okay back in your day, right? Anything to stop 'nam . . . :roll:

Irrelevant and useless, but since you asked, I was opposed to the war in Vietnam at the time, but I didn't go around plotting to blow up buildings, and I didn't advocate violence of any kind.

I notice you haven't managed to establish ANY link between Obama at the tender age of eight to the anything the Weather Underground did. I notice you haven't been able to establish ANY link that remotely suggests Obama has done anything in his entire life that would suggest he approves of what they did decades ago or that the only casual association between Obama and Ayres has anything to do with any form of terrorism.

If you have facts and proof that prove Obama was involved in terrorism, post 'em. If not, grow up, grow a pair, and stop the bullshit.

Stop being obtuse.

No one is suggesting that Obama at age 8 had anything to do with Bill Ayers. It's the fact that he associated with him when he was adult, as well as the fact that Ayers is unreprentant for his crimes.

Stop being obese in your skull. If you're NOT suggesting that Obama, at age 8, had anything to do with Bill Ayers or the Weather Underground, then get over yourself. There's no there there.

When Obama finally encountered Ayres, he was a respected university professor. Their association is universally described as casual, at most. Ayers hosted an event for Obama when he first ran for state Senate, and they served together on an educational charity board. Furthermore, Obama has catigorically denounced the radical activities of the Weather Underground.

Do you expect him to hop in the old WayBack Machine and go back to undo whatever Ayers did when Obama was eight years old? :roll:

The only reason Ayers is even free is because of a legal screw-up akin to what happened to OJ.

AH-HAH! So now, it's OJ's fault. Oh well... That's about as rational as the rest of your bullshit. Buahahahaha!!!! :laugh:

If McCain had gone to fundraisers at the home of Ted Kascynski 12 years ago, you and every other partisan democrat would be screaming bloody murder.

And if the actual majority of voters had determined who was elected President, your Traitor In Chief and his criminal cabal would never have murdered 4,177 American troops in a war of LIES or dismantled all control and oversight of our failing financial institutions... You know... the same stupidity your lyinig jackass wannabe Bush clone, John McCain, says he wants to continue, and you wouldn't be spewing all the irrelevant crap you're pimping in this thread. :thumbsdown:

No, you senile old twit, it's akin to what happened to OJ. IE, the prosecution screwed up, and a guilty man walked.

I'm done. I don't even know why I bother arguing with such a bitter, idiotic POS such as yourself.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

There were errors by the prosecution. The evidence was thrown out. That's why he's walking around.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

Except you haven't read the thread. I've stated that both sides have little to stand on due to it not being looked into by non-right-wing people.
There are just too many coincidences to blow it all off, but not enough information to say exactly what the whole story is.

You and your lying neocon buddies are the ones trying to assert that Obama is a terrorist, either directly or by some deep, heavy nefarious association with a man with whom his only connection was through an organization dedicated to improving schools.

Thanks for admitting you're running on empty and pissing into the wind. If YOU have "little to stand on" and "not enough information to say exactly what the whole story is," you're only embarrassing yourself. Either go find some real proof to support your bogus accusations, or STFU.

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005

So, what is your opinion, worldview...does this make Obama a terrorist?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: BMW540I6speed

No. I've never stated anything remotely close to that.

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
Did the Wasilla library have Nineteen Eighty-Four?, Palin must have checked it out and used it as a playbook.

The F-Word...

So, are we allowed to call them fascists, yet? The American reactionary movement (aka, Todays GOP) has had love affairs with dictatorships abroad, euphemistically termed "ultra-nationalist," "archconservative," and the like - and it's just not a stretch to note that they are pursuing time-tested fascistic tactics at home.

We're not yet to the point of physical violence on the streets, but the GOP's voter suppression drives are one jackbooted step short of over physical violence. I've been waiting for the McCain campaign to finally just embrace the bottom of the barrel and run an ad that simply asks, "Do you really want a ni**er to be your president?"

I don't know if our politics will ever go back to "normal" in this country again, Regardless of an Obama win in the fall - so long as the current configuration of the GOP holds sway, The moderates in the GOP have left the party, or have been kicked out - leaving only the reactionaries to fill out the ranks.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

And what do you suppose the non-right-wing folks will find? About the most I could even imagine is that they were both active in politics in the same neighborhood of Chicago and thus they had some level of contact. Pretty much what we already know. Seems like Bill Ayers, while not apologetic, seems to have reformed. So I don't know ... what else could we learn here?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

And what do you suppose the non-right-wing folks will find? About the most I could even imagine is that they were both active in politics in the same neighborhood of Chicago and thus they had some level of contact. Pretty much what we already know. Seems like Bill Ayers, while not apologetic, seems to have reformed. So I don't know ... what else could we learn here?

Isn't that the point that I've stated? We don't know what else there there is because some people(the media) with the "casual" bit. They haven't looked into it further. What about the Annenburg items? What about Dorhn and Michelle? There are WAY too many unexplored pieces and too many coincidences to just dismiss this.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
So lets hypothetically say in my checkered past young and foolish days, I vandalized my local army recruiters office. And I got caught, got convicted for my crime, served my sentence in jail, hopefully wised up and realized my actions were foolish, and went on to make some positive contributions to society in other areas.

And even if my conviction as a felon may or may not strip my future right to vote, what this thread seems to imply is that would I no longer have any ability to make the world better in other areas. Even if those areas have nothing to do with terrorism or illegal activities.

Yes yes, send me to gitmo, lock me up forever for the crime of ideals.

Burt cheer up all you righty tighties who read this post, I have now infected you in the same way Ayres infected Obama. You can take your wrath out on me when we all report to gitmo.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

No. I've never stated anything remotely close to that.[/quote]

Then what's your point in continuing to bump this useless topic? Are your neocon overlords paying you overtime to continue puffing up this meaningless fluff, or is this your own personal jackoff? :roll:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Lemon law
So lets hypothetically say in my checkered past young and foolish days, I vandalized my local army recruiters office. And I got caught, got convicted for my crime, served my sentence in jail, hopefully wised up and realized my actions were foolish, and went on to make some positive contributions to society in other areas.

And even if my conviction as a felon may or may not strip my future right to vote, what this thread seems to imply is that would I no longer have any ability to make the world better in other areas. Even if those areas have nothing to do with terrorism or illegal activities.

Yes yes, send me to gitmo, lock me up forever for the crime of ideals.

Burt cheer up all you righty tighties who read this post, I have now infected you in the same way Ayres infected Obama. You can take your wrath out on me when we all report to gitmo.

"hopefully wised up and realized my actions were foolish" - if you are trying to draw a parallel to Ayers then I think the bolded is out of place.