Pacquiao vs. Marquez 4

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Sadly I think there's some sort of group out to get JMM here, imho he won 2 of the fights against Manny even though the judges gave it to Pacman. He's going to get robbed in Vegas yet again. I thought I remember him saying in an interview after the 3rd fight he wouldn't fight Pacman in Vegas again.

I hope the bad judging of Pac's last fight doesn't influence the judges in his favor yet again. I someone don't see them giving it to Marquez, but if he does get the nod. That'll be 2 L's in a row and give Mayweather JR. more room to bully for a bigger $$$ split for fighting Manny.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Leaning towards Marquez, he looked real good in the last one

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
After watching the last fight, I'd rather watch paint dry. Thank you but no. D:

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
wtf?! WHY?

Pac's 3-0 vs him.
why was there even a 3rd re-match?!

It's actually 2-0-1, and the draw was BS imho, most people say Manny lost, and pretty much everyone outside of his fans think he lost the last fight. And even a good number of his fans admitted they could have seen the fight going to Marquez. The other win, Manny did knock him down a few times, but even then that fight's still arguable in many peoples eyes. Manny should be 1-1-1 at best, he was gifted 1 win, and even the draw was a gift for him. It's a fucking travesty how the trilogy went. I could almost see it being 3-0 for Marquez, he was robbed badly in 2 of those fights. And wasn't close to being outclassed in the other. 2 split decisions and a draw don't paint Manny as a clear victor imho.

The 3rd match was needed because the other 3 resulted in a draw which imho Manny lost and 2 close split decisions. It was suppose to clear things up, but it only made things more confusing. At absolute worst the 3 fights have been close. Marquez deserves this fight, I just hope the judges don't end up screwing him yet again.

Last edited:

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Review of first 3 fights.

Pacquiao should have won fight 1. So 1,1,1

March 2004 - Draw
The official scores were 115-110 Pacquiao, 115-110 Marquez and 113-113. The latter judge accidentally scored the first round 10-7 for Pacquiao instead of 10-6.
Rounds seven through 10 could have gone either way, and neither a draw nor a victory for either man would have struck me as illogical.
It was a damn good, damn close fight.
March 2008 - Split Decision

The final scores are 115-112 Marquez, 115-112 Pacquiao, and 114-113 Pacquiao. All of these are fair scores and, as a result, I have no beef with them at all.
Nov 2011 - Majority Decision

The official scores are 114-114, 115-113 Pacquiao and 116-112 Pacquiao. There were a few rounds that were questionable, but I do feel this was a Marquez victory.
Honestly, the commentary was egregiously biased -- Lederman's claim that Pacquiao had better defense because Marquez was swelling up was absolute garbage,
particularly since Pacquiao landed at a lower percentage than Marquez in the round in question.

PACQUIAO VS. MARQUEZ A ROBBERY? ON WHAT BASIS DID MARQUEZ WIN?

images-6.jpg

cozzone_pacquiao_marquez_postfight000219A1.jpg

With that, I challenge those who scored the Marquez/Pacquiao 3 fight for Marquez. On what basis did Marquez win that fight on November 12? For those who favor Pacquiao in a win, they have the punch stat numbers to show. CompuBox tally 176 punches landed for Manny Pacquiao and only 138 for Juan Manuel Marquez. It also shows that Pacquiao clearly inflicted more damage on his opponent. All three official judges unanimously agreed that Marquez did not beat Pacquiao.

Pro Marquez fans will counter that they don’t have the confidence in the numbers presented by CompuBox. Well then, they should provide the number that they can legitimately present as the true stats. As of this writing, I see none from writers and bloggers from Mexico, Europe, Philippines, the USA or anywhere on the globe providing those numbers that favors Marquez.

In some instances, the argument for a win on the side of the fighter that landed less punches is the power and effectiveness of the shots that did land for the losing fighter. But that argument is used when the losing fighter is known to be the harder puncher of the two combatants. Pro Pacquiao wins this argument. Manny Pacquiao is definitely the much harder puncher of the two. Juan Manuel Marquez’s face is a visibly telling sign of the power and clean shots that Manny landed.

Visible cuts, bruises, and swelling is a the signature on who scored the most effective punches. Pacquiao’s visible marks on his face was only the cut on his brow that was the result of a head butt shown on replay. And of course a small cut on his inner lip. Marquez was knotted with lumps and bruises on his face, nose, eye brows, forehead and the side of his head.

I heard some pro Marquez fans claiming that certain fighters bruise easier than others. That is true, some fighter do bruise more than others. But it fails when it is applied to Marquez. Marquez is historically not a bruiser, or bruise easier than Pacquiao. Look at their two previous fights, both fighters were bruised and cut in those fights. Pacquiao fans surely win out on this argument too.

Last edited:

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Epic fucking fight.

You need to watch this.

Pacman had the fight in the bag, and out of nowhere Marquez RIPS HIM with the most hard straight hand punch I've seen in boxing. Pacman was out COLD.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Larry Merchant asking MMM about his muscles (what's he insinuating??) ;)

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Epic fucking fight.

You need to watch this.

Pacman had the fight in the bag, and out of nowhere Marquez RIPS HIM with the most hard straight hand punch I've seen in boxing. Pacman was out COLD.

Wasn't in the bag at all but it was leaning towards Manny except for Round 2.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Lolwot? He looked like he just walked right into that. Amazing.

Its confusing if you watch it from that angle. I was wondering wtf too when I saw it live. They played it from behind Marquez and you see Pac throwing a right and missing and Marquez counter punching right to Pac's face.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Wow, what a total and complete fucking dive that was. wtf

That punch looked like it couldn't break glass...ROFL!!!