Pacquiao vs. Marquez 4

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
whjvyv.png

Lol

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I see a Mayweather JR JMM rematch where he does Marquez like the 1st fight again. Then he offers Manny a 70/30 split, which Manny might end up taking. After 2 loses, and getting starched like he did last night, his stock has definitely went way down. Marquez imho is an easy fight for Floyd, so a dominate victory over the guy who put Manny to sleep would be pretty crazy.

But if they rematch and Marquez does the same thing to Mayweather, damn imagine that :D

I gotta love Freddy Roach making all sorts of "he's on PED's!" to Marquez, if anyone shouldn't be making accusations like that it would be fucking Manny's trainer. Pacman also said it was a lucky punch. lulz

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Wow the super fight is over between PBF and Pacman. And Mayweather beat Marquez so easily, its not even worth a rematch.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Wow the super fight is over between PBF and Pacman. And Mayweather beat Marquez so easily, its not even worth a rematch.

50 Cent said it perfectly, with what happened last night, it was basically flushing 100s of millions down the toilet.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

Yep. It was never going to happen anyway, but now nobody even wants it to happen. I'm looking forward to Pacquiao vs. Marquez #5 though, for six rounds this was a hell of a fight.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Marquez has worked extremely hard these last few years and it finally paid off big time. I expect to see another mayweather vs. marquez, where I don't anticipate mayweather being at the top of his game.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Marquez has worked extremely hard these last few years and it finally paid off big time. I expect to see another mayweather vs. marquez, where I don't anticipate mayweather being at the top of his game.

Did you see the 1st one? I was embarassed for Marquez, it would take an act of God for Marquez to beat Floyd. I don't remember how the judges scored it, but I know it was 12-0 for Floyd, and imho every round was a lopsided win for him. JMM will never be competitive against Mayweather, and last night proved why Floyd's undefeated and will remain so.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Did you see the 1st one? I was embarassed for Marquez, it would take an act of God for Marquez to beat Floyd. I don't remember how the judges scored it, but I know it was 12-0 for Floyd, and imho every round was a lopsided win for him. JMM will never be competitive against Mayweather, and last night proved why Floyd's undefeated and will remain so.

Yeah I saw that one and mayweather was in a class by himself in terms of quickness. His defensive quickness was laughable over marquez. But marquez has improves his strength, conditioning, and discipline. It will be a better fight, and who knows where mayweather's head will be.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

That fight I would be shocked to see happen. I am not even trying to be funny, it was laughable. He beat Marquez that night like he was a sparring partner. Styles make fights and in this case, Mayweather was in another world over Marquez, at least on that night. I have said before that I thought if Mayweather and Pac fought, not only did think Mayweather would win, but probably get a knockout.

Pac is a great fighter, all time great, but he is one of those fighters who just gets hit a lot. Against an accurate puncher like Floyd, who also now is naturally just bigger than him and Marquez, it just doesn't bode well. I see Pac retiring, really nothing else to gain, unless its just to pick up a couple of more paydays. Shame though, I think they would have fought late next year.

But now you gotta wonder, if the fight would have even been that good, considering all that has happened. Mayweather has been a mess for awhile now and Pac just seems to have truly lost interest. I give Lennox Lewis a lot of credit. When his mind was everywhere else but the ring, he knew it was time to pack it up.

RoboChobo

Jul 20, 2011
It breaks my heart to see my favorite boxer get K.O, Regardless I'm still a big Manny Pacquiao fan and props for Marquez.

Jul 10, 2007
I see a Mayweather JR JMM rematch where he does Marquez like the 1st fight again. Then he offers Manny a 70/30 split, which Manny might end up taking. After 2 loses, and getting starched like he did last night, his stock has definitely went way down. Marquez imho is an easy fight for Floyd, so a dominate victory over the guy who put Manny to sleep would be pretty crazy.

But if they rematch and Marquez does the same thing to Mayweather, damn imagine that :D

I gotta love Freddy Roach making all sorts of "he's on PED's!" to Marquez, if anyone shouldn't be making accusations like that it would be fucking Manny's trainer. Pacman also said it was a lucky punch. lulz

he was dominating marquez until he got caught with that punch.

RoboChobo

Jul 20, 2011

That's true, I looked at Marquez face after, he got beaten up pretty badly, couldn't imagined what he would of looked like on the 12th.

Pacman was slowly reconfiguring Marquez face. I just hope manny doesn't retire, I love watching him fight.

My goodness what a punch by Marquez >.<

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
um.. isn't that illegal?

Illegal, probably not. It's a dirty tactic IMHO. Marquez was able to make it an art and capitalize on Pacquiao's overconfidence, got him distracted the last second and the rest is history.
That cost him the fight big time.

It's pretty common when you have an orthodox fighting a southpaw.

Unfortunately it is common, so are head bumps. With Mayweather Jr. being an orthodox style doesn't bode well if they ever fight.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Wait, the judges didn't give Manny the win? What? I call BS. His falling down was epic, should have some style points.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Well, still doesn't make Mayweather any less of a fucking pussy for dodging Pacman.

They both ducked each other, but truthfully Manny did more ducking. The last offer was from Mayweather, it was an even 50/50 split of the purse. Which would have been I think 40 million (or close) Manny said "I also want a cut of the PPV revenues" Floyd told him to go to hell. Then Manny went on to fight someone else for like $12 million with no PPV revenues.
Mayweather did more avoiding because of money disputes, not because he didn't want to fight him. Mayweather is a businessman 1st and a fighter second. But as fighters he's the better of the 2.

But moreso is Bob Arum not wanting this fight to happen, Floyd would likely do Pacman like he did JMM, and Manny's Arum's goose that legs the golden eggs.

Last edited:

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
They both ducked each other, but truthfully Manny did more ducking. The last offer was from Mayweather, it was an even 50/50 split of the purse. Which would have been I think 40 million (or close) Manny said "I also want a cut of the PPV revenues" Floyd told him to go to hell. Then Manny went on to fight someone else for like $12 million with no PPV revenues.
Mayweather did more avoiding because of money disputes, not because he didn't want to fight him. Mayweather is a businessman 1st and a fighter second. But as fighters he's the better of the 2.

But moreso is Bob Arum not wanting this fight to happen, Floyd would likely do Pacman like he did JMM, and Manny's Arum's goose that legs the golden eggs.
huh, how is it even 50/50 without considering PPV revenues?

The superfight would've pulled 2M PPV buys, easily. You do the math at about $50 a piece.

In between baseless accusations of PEDs, Floyd kept moving the goalposts. Originally it was over Olympic-style drug testing but in each round of negotiations, it was always something more. When you're the undefeated P4P champ and the bigger fighter, you don't need 100 different excuses not to make the fight.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
huh, how is it even 50/50 without considering PPV revenues?

The superfight would've pulled 2M PPV buys, easily. You do the math at about $50 a piece.

In between baseless accusations of PEDs, Floyd kept moving the goalposts. Originally it was over Olympic-style drug testing but in each round of negotiations, it was always something more. When you're the undefeated P4P champ and the bigger fighter, you don't need 100 different excuses not to make the fight.

50/50 of the purse, PPV revenues are totally separate. I just find it ironic that his offer wasn't enough $$$ for Manny, yet he immediately took a fight where he made a fraction of that. And he was seaminly okay with that. 50+ PPV revenues wasn't really fair for Pacman to ask, he's a draw but nowhere near Floyd. Mayweather Vs Ortiz did numbers close to Manny Vs Marquez III. Ortiz was a mostly unknown. imho Manny should get about 40% plus no PPV. So a 50/50 purse split was super fair.

Manny and his people also ducked Floyd when he offered them a set date, they said "oh we can't be ready to fight by that date" yet he ended up fighting about a month later.

Dominating? He clearly lost round 2, and round 4 was too close to call. The fight still had 6 more rounds had it not ended. I saw no domination, the blood on Marquez's face and the idiot commentators who acted like every jab from Manny was close to KO'ing Juan don't count for much. Manny was winning the fight, but he had already got dropped once, and Marquez was at worst very competitive.

Last edited: