P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1683 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
star-wars-88315.png

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
That reminds me of Nietzsche's idea of a future "Superman" who would transcend humanity's need for rules of behavior.

Morons then decided that meant that if you're better than other people you can just go around murdering inferior people and it's perfectly ok. (rather than the much more logical idea that a superior person would in fact know the right way to behave in the first place).

In fact all they did was prove that they aren't the "Supermen" who Nietzsche was talking about and are in fact the unevolved cretins who's very existence explains why we have stupid rules for everything.

Such geniuses that they completely missed the point of the whole thing ...

Nietzsche's influence seems to have been malign in pretty much every case of every figure he's influenced. If your influence is invariably bad, then maybe you didn't make your 'point' quite clear enough?

Reactions: ivwshane

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

This bit is kinda important. Having an actual Nazi rewrite all your work after you're dead would sort of not help.

Yeah, I have heard that his sister misrepresented him, and that was a factor, particularly with regard to the Nazis. Nevertheless, he's been an influence on figures from Camille Paglia to (indirectly) Clarance Thomas by way of various pomo intellectual types who I also dislike. I've yet to encounter anyone influenced by him that I had a positive opinion of (he's similar to Jung, in that respect).
Don't ask me to critique his actual philisophy - I went to an inner city comprehensive, but in my experience he seems to appeal to privileged types who want to feel heroic.

Reactions: zinfamous

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Just imagine if this little stunt of his with Abbott ended up saving us from him running for pres.

P80RVeN.jpeg

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Didnt this mental abortion go to fucking harvard law? How fucking stupid do yku have to be? Is he gambling on "laws dont apply to me" bullshit?

Im sincerely curious.

Reactions: cytg111