P&Ns middle name is and

Page 218 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
HQ6U8KB.jpg

Actually this pic is misleading. Just about everyone behind him is strong, smart, and capable. The reason they dont win is because a superhero has to fight them off.

Reactions: mikeymikec
Nov 25, 2013
JKoQLLj.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
  • This is a variant expression of a sentiment which is often attributed to Tocqueville or Alexander Fraser Tytler, but the earliest known occurrence is as an unsourced attribution to Tytler in "This is the Hard Core of Freedom" by Elmer T. Peterson in The Daily Oklahoman (9 December 1951): "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."
  • Variant: The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money.
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville

Reactions: Brainonska511

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Should I care? My point came across just nicely. Especially since all the butt hurt snowflakes are quoting it with vitriol.
What the hell is the point of a government if it isn't to remove something from crooks and restore those who've been harmed?

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

I wonder what kind of person Assad is. The only view I can think of that fits the evidence is that he craves power and little more, partly because I can't imagine anything more pointless than claiming that you're the leader of a country when you've had to brutalise the population into submission, it's like winning a chess tournament by murdering your opponents.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Buster the Boxer

It’s Christmas time and Buster The Boxer is looking forward to getting to play with a new toy on Christmas Day. Buster didn’t realize that big bouncing thing being assembled in the back yard was for him until he saw all his animal friends having a party on it. This creative and funny advert from the John Lewis department store reminds us that you can still find gifts that everyone loves if you shop at the right store.
https://biggeekdad.com/2016/11/buster-the-boxer/

Buster the Boxer paroday.

https://biggeekdad.com/2016/11/buster-boxer-paroday/

Nov 25, 2013
I wonder what kind of person Assad is. The only view I can think of that fits the evidence is that he craves power and little more, partly because I can't imagine anything more pointless than claiming that you're the leader of a country when you've had to brutalise the population into submission, it's like winning a chess tournament by murdering your opponents.

There really is no Syria any more.