- Nov 17, 2002
Three ideas:Originally posted by: ReiAyanami
i actually dislike outsourcing, but i don't see any clear solutions.
according to Cnet survey
80% of companies that outsourced abroad are dissatisfied with the results
20% actually do not save any money (the lose money by outsourcing)
1) invest in education "make our workers irreplaceable..."
2) offer tax incentives for companies to stay here
3) set up an anti-outsourcing organization that highlights companies that have outsourced so consumers can make the choice to not buy there products "made in america"
1. Require all companies to publicize the make-up of their workforce, including all work they contract to other companies (coupled with your #3 to help improve awareness)
2. Eliminate tax breaks and subsidies for companies that off-shore their work (as opposed to tax incentives which are more expensive)
3. Prohibit government agencies from off-shoring any of their work
(Note: these are only concepts. There would be endless definitions, details, etc. necessary for implementation.)