Oprah: "there are generations that...just have to die"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 27, 2012
Oprah once again proving how idiotic she is. She is a race baiter and a complete idiot. She couldn't defend her POS obama on the issues so she pulls the race card.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Is she wrong?

There IS a substantial generation of older whites that are opposed to social progress that DOES need to die off as a voting block so that we can move forward as a country. Nothing she said was inherently wrong.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Is she wrong?

There IS a substantial generation of older whites that are opposed to social progress that DOES need to die off as a voting block so that we can move forward as a country. Nothing she said was inherently wrong.

Move forward with what?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Is she wrong?

but what about the older blacks, like her, that keep on promoting racism?

Should she have to die too?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
It's not racist to criticize a white president. It is racist to criticize a non-white president.

No irony there.

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005

Yup, without them dying off we will never get a civil rights bill or a black president. No forward progress unless they are all dead.

I think the "O" and those like her will almost miss the old racists when they meet the "I got mine" generation they raised. At least white male racism drove white woman guilt. Kiss that goodbye.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It's not racist to criticize a white president. It is racist to criticize a non-white president.

No irony there.

GOP criticizing Obamas Middle East policy not racist.
GOP sending cartoons with watermelons on the White House lawn racist.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I've never understood her appeal. She's partially right though. One of the guys who killed Emmett Till is still alive. Over the next 20 years a lot of overt racism is going to die out. If she thinks that's a cure-all for racism in the US she's going to be surprised.

Now this is a show I would watch.
oprah-s-bees-o.gif

Last edited:

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
Oprah is finally exposing her true self. Too bad she already has all of your money.

While I won't say a marinating 60yo Oprah needs to die, she definitely needs an education and some self-awareness.

D-Man

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 1999
Is she wrong?

You do understand that these old folks did more to stomp out racism then any other generation including yours. See civil rights movement.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
You do understand that these old folks did more to stomp out racism then any other generation including yours. See civil rights movement.

NO!

Its ok to stereotype a whole generation, no whole generations from certain parts of the country. No matter what they did or did not do. No matter the truth. Its ok if it fits your agenda.

We are talking about one person here, stereotyping huge portions of the population, saying that some of them have to die and for what? For a strawman she created?

No

khon

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2010
It is not just how people were raised, there are the facts.

Blacks make up a higher percentage of the prison population than whites and all other races.

Changing those statics will help end racism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States#Race

In 2010 black non-Hispanic males were incarcerated at the rate of 4,347 inmates per 100,000.

White males were incarcerated at the rate of 678 inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents.

This statistic isn't causing racism, it is caused by racism.

D-Man

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 1999
The people that held the fire hose helped move ahead the civil rights movement. The violence against the blacks was shown on TV and outraged many Americans. Kennedy and Johnson pushed for an equal rights bill. My 60ties generation was all behind that.

surfsatwerk

Lifer
Mar 6, 2008
The people that held the fire hose helped move ahead the civil rights movement. The violence against the blacks was shown on TV and outraged many Americans. Kennedy and Johnson pushed for an equal rights bill. My 60ties generation was all behind that.

sure

JMapleton

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2008
I agree with her 100 percent. I do not think that these people of those generations deserve to die and I am not rooting for them to die. But certain generational attitudes cannot be removed from some people's heads.

Did you know there are still significant portions of the population that oppose interracial marriage? Seriously? These are likely not young people, it's older people, particularly in the South, and that's the only mindset they ever knew. I do not hate them or blame them, it's really not their fault. But that mindset will not go away until they're gone.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
I agree with her 100 percent. I do not think that these people of those generations deserve to die and I am not rooting for them to die. But certain generational attitudes cannot be removed from some people's heads.

Did you know there are still significant portions of the population that oppose interracial marriage? Seriously? These are likely not young people, it's older people, particularly in the South, and that's the only mindset they ever knew. I do not hate them or blame them, it's really not their fault. But that mindset will not go away until they're gone.

oh really

Can you name me 10 people that feel that way and the cities they live in?

I'll wait.