Once again this election will prove racism is a white Republican problem. 2008, 2012 and now 2020

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Is not complicated. Having background checks for new gun purchases protects the fed firearm dealer. However, adding a check for private sales will prevent zero criminals from getting a gun. It simply places undue burden on responsible gun owners, which I'm against.

We can disagree on what is an undue burden, I have no problem with the private sales requirement. I mean, it's not even in the text.of the 2A, so should be a thing lol

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
No not at all. The crazy right isn't representative of the R party in general, just like the far left isn't representative of the D party.

Then you haven't been paying attention. The "crazy right" is now their mainstream. The R's have been drifting right for sometime. It's how they can elect a known racist who spouts xenophobic rhetoric constantly, while pandering to religjous nutters and white supremacists. Not all R voters are cool with that, but still voted for it for the most part. 60 million people voted for it. This same guy is also balls deep in Russia,.but who cares cuz liberal tears lol.

On the flip side, I've seen you call "the squad" the crazy left. Quite convenient that you would use a term coined by none other than the elected representative of the "crazy right" to try and both sides it. Workers rights and healthcare for all, pretty crazy stuff.

Nov 29, 2006
Is not complicated. Having background checks for new gun purchases protects the fed firearm dealer. However, adding a check for private sales will prevent zero criminals from getting a gun. It simply places undue burden on responsible gun owners, which I'm against.

Can you explain the bolded and how it wouldn’t? Seems with no checks a criminal could buy a gun from a so called responsible gun owner with the owner being none the wiser he just sold a gun to a criminal,

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Can you explain the bolded and how it wouldn’t? Seems with no checks a criminal could buy a gun from a so called responsible gun owner with the owner being none the wiser he just sold a gun to a criminal,
I'd that were a requirement for private sales, the onus would be on the seller to submit the background check to a FFD. If he doesn't, he would be a criminal. Do you know how easy it is to buy a gun off the street in any city?

Oh hi I'd like to buy your gun.
Sure. Let's fill out this paperwork
Uh..... No thanks.

Walks away thinking damn. I'll never get a gun.

1 to 10 how likely would this happen?

Lol

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Then you haven't been paying attention. The "crazy right" is now their mainstream. The R's have been drifting right for sometime. It's how they can elect a known racist who spouts xenophobic rhetoric constantly, while pandering to religjous nutters and white supremacists. Not all R voters are cool with that, but still voted for it for the most part. 60 million people voted for it. This same guy is also balls deep in Russia,.but who cares cuz liberal tears lol.

On the flip side, I've seen you call "the squad" the crazy left. Quite convenient that you would use a term coined by none other than the elected representative of the "crazy right" to try and both sides it. Workers rights and healthcare for all, pretty crazy stuff.
You know the reason the left didn't nominate Bernie... Twice? He's too liberal for the majority on the left.

Or maybe it's Trump's fault. Who knows.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I'd that were a requirement for private sales, the onus would be on the seller to submit the background check to a FFD. If he doesn't, he would be a criminal. Do you know how easy it is to buy a gun off the street in any city?

Uh..... No thanks.

Lol

This is the summary of HR 8. The seller engages a licensed gun dealer to handle the sales / transfers

Shown Here:
Passed House (02/27/2019)

Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019
This bill establishes new background check requirements for firearm transfers between private parties (i.e., unlicensed individuals).
Specifically, it prohibits a firearm transfer between private parties unless a licensed gun dealer, manufacturer, or importer first takes possession of the firearm to conduct a background check.
The prohibition does not apply to certain firearm transfers, such as a gift between spouses in good faith.

Asking how easy it is to "buy a gun off the street" is a red herring. Irrelevant to the bill.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
This is the summary of HR 8. The seller engages a licensed gun dealer to handle the sales.

Shown Here:
Passed House (02/27/2019)

Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019
This bill establishes new background check requirements for firearm transfers between private parties (i.e., unlicensed individuals).
Specifically, it prohibits a firearm transfer between private parties unless a licensed gun dealer, manufacturer, or importer first takes possession of the firearm to conduct a background check.
The prohibition does not apply to certain firearm transfers, such as a gift between spouses in good faith.

Asking how easy it is to "buy a gun off the street" is a red herring. Irrelevant to the bill.
Red herring? The fact it's toothless makes it relevant.

Nov 29, 2006

Uh..... No thanks.

Lol

To be honest if that was the law i think that would happen at a 10. no responsible gun owner would want to sell to a criminal that won’t fill out paper work. maybe i’m just not seeing the picture you see in your head,

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
To be honest if that was the law i think that would happen at a 10. no responsible gun owner would want to sell to a criminal that won’t fill out paper work. maybe i’m just not seeing the picture you see in your head,
And the bill isn't something at responsible gun owners. Is it?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

It's simple IMO, he thinks because illegal gun activities happen,.it's not fair to."responsible" gun owners to have to be hassled by the government to do what they want with their guns, including selling them to whoever they want.

Nov 29, 2006
It's simple IMO, he thinks because illegal gun activities happen,.it's not fair to."responsible" gun owners to have to be hassled by the government to do what they want with their guns, including selling them to whoever they want.

lol this is the kind of regulation a “responsible gun owner” should want. you know because it’s responsible and stuff haha

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Red herring? The fact it's toothless makes it relevant.

Yup, red herring. Quick look over here at these illegal activities,.can't you see how unfair it is. What do you mean that dude I sold the gun too had.mental health issues? Oops.

If you're for mental health screenings and background checks,.HR 8 is a no brainer

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Yup, red herring. Quick look over here at these illegal activities,.can't you see how unfair it is. What do you mean that dude I sold the gun too had.mental health issues? Oops.

If you're for mental health screenings and background checks,.HR 8 is a no brainer
Most states already require this for FFA sales.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Most states already require this for FFA sales.

And? Most isn't all. And if most states ready do, then what's the problem?

Besides, your argument was that it's an undue burden and won't change anything. Are those states that do encouraging this undue burden also? Guess so.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
And? Most isn't all. And if most states ready do, then what's the problem?

Besides, your argument was that it's an undue burden and won't change anything. Are those states that do encouraging this undue burden also? Guess so.
Thirteen states require background checks even for private sale. IMHO it's a burden on legit gun owners.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
We aren't required to validate license and insurance for a private car sale, and cars are deadlier than guns.