On the Tyranny of the Majority in posting on a Left-leaning forum:

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
if you gave me a magic button that turns everyone into a muscular, athletic CIS, i would press it. It's undeniably better to be in the genetic ideal of the specie, than NOT to be.
God damn man. You're like a lazy Adolf. Kidding dude, I think its quite evident you havent really bothered thinking this through all the cracks and corners.
I mean if I could press a button the eradicated Huntington's Disease, I'd probably. Probably press it too - after consulting with a few key scientist. Probably.

Reactions: Pohemi

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
Fear creates orthodoxy, group think, partisan huddling, fanaticism, religious divisions, and all manner of efforts to avert the evil eye, that evil eye in this case being Jordan Peterson and by extension, me.
Poor little victim.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
It's undeniably better to be in the genetic ideal of the specie, than NOT to be.
I only hope it's not what you meant, but...objectively? That sounds like some straight Aryan bullshit. What is the "genetic ideal", exactly?

Reactions: Meghan54

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I couldn’t help myself. The divine light emanating from Donald Trump is just so compelling.
You’re the one with no fidelity, but you’re the one that cant see or is unwilling to call out the bullshit. You are everything you accuse us to be.
Here, a good piece. I dont agree with the concept of monarchies in modern democracies, non the less, a worth while listen, good points - maybe cause he isnt spitting emotions here trying to angle in an agenda - MAYBE.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I see this as an indication that you were probably shouted at? Does that trigger any unpleasant memories? Did you get in trouble for shouting? You have quite a lip.
Authoritarian left? You mean the social nationalists? Is it for them you created this thread? And you think them to be us? That explains a lot actually.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Even all the women? Careful with that ax, Eugene. ;) o_O :D
Of course it could be the repressed gay in him that is the root of such bigotry in which case he may secretly wish for such an outcome.
i admit that i have no idea what CIS means.
You should have learned that when you read Caesar’s commentaries on the Gallic Wars in Latin in high school. Gaul, in Caesar’s time was divided into 5 parts, two of which the Romans knew very well Cisalpine and Transalpine Gaul and the three Caesar elucidates for the education of his fellow Romans.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Poor little victim.
For Christ sakes, did I not just say that I was fully aware of the shit
I would be generating in suggesting that certain types on the left would flip out if I suggested their reactions to Peterson was heretic driven and irrational. You don’t willingly acknowledge you know you are jumping into a bucket of shit and then turn around and get to play victim. Where is brain?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Authoritarian left? You mean the social nationalists? Is it for them you created this thread? And you think them to be us? That explains a lot actually.
I’m sure you are intensely searching for just the sort on the left I was referring to so as to fantasize you now possess understanding. Sorry, those are the wrong droids.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You’re the one with no fidelity, but you’re the one that cant see or is unwilling to call out the bullshit. You are everything you accuse us to be.
Here, a good piece. I dont agree with the concept of monarchies in modern democracies, non the less, a worth while listen, good points - maybe cause he isnt spitting emotions here trying to angle in an agenda - MAYBE.
His agenda was very clear to me.

I believe I have made it rather clear that I do not agree with Peterson on fearing action on climate change over a fear of doing nothing. His fears, which I can appreciate are, in my opinion, of less concern than my fears of inaction on the climate front. I call those, mine fears, rational concerns.

Thanks for posting that video. I found it interesting also. Perhaps when it comes to monarchies I have simply been a stereotypically irrational delusional buying into typical leftist bull shit. MAYBE

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I’m sure you are intensely searching for just the sort on the left I was referring to so as to fantasize you now possess understanding. Sorry, those are the wrong droids.
No. Show me the authoritarian left you are speaking of, preferably while having a tab open on the definition of Authoritarianism. Like maybe the thirteen hallmarks. Or whatever you feel fits the bill.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The camel nose your intent.
Cause Poland has its own challenges with authoritarianism? Omg maybe you are playing 19D chess. EU may have to reject Poland at some point, over these developments. Hope it never comes to be.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
God damn man. You're like a lazy Adolf. Kidding dude, I think its quite evident you havent really bothered thinking this through all the cracks and corners.
I mean if I could press a button the eradicated Huntington's Disease, I'd probably. Probably press it too - after consulting with a few key scientist. Probably.

Except they would likely have no idea if say some gene sequence only found in people with Huntington's also plays a positive role in some situation yet to be encountered. The 'pressing a button' idea leads directly to designer babies with idiots as the designers.

Reactions: Pohemi and cytg111

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Except they would likely have no idea if say some gene sequence only found in people with Huntington's also plays a positive role in some situation yet to be encountered. The 'pressing a button' idea leads directly to designer babies with idiots as the designers.
I believe the Australopithecines had this debate.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Cause Poland has its own challenges with authoritarianism? Omg maybe you are playing 19D chess. EU may have to reject Poland at some point, over these developments. Hope it never comes to be.
What do you think Perknose meant by we only wanted Poland? I personally believe him to be a person of incredible wit and so much so that I miss a lot of it. In this case I heard give someone like Hitler an inch and he will take a mile and alluded to it with a similar saying. It's not 19D chess but it was the best I could do to indicate I think I know what he meant. You may not know the story I left clues to. But look at what I said again. I was just having some fun.