On the Tyranny of the Majority in posting on a Left-leaning forum:

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 11, 2004
You quoted the dictionary definitions of climate and then claimed: "The climate, then, is what is chosen to measure and what can be chosen is anything including everything." Which is just as fallacious and unsupported as what JP said.

A basic nobody, eh? Hundreds of thousands of YouTube subscribers and Twitter followers, but he's a basic nobody. What does that make you? And if being a somebody versus a nobody is an important metric for you, why should anyone give any credit to your opinions?

The world is not remotely as simple as this. But what if Jordan Peterson is a jackal?

Ahahahahaha, holy shit. He can't help it, and its hilarious how predictable he is. And yet he's had the gall to proselytize about others in the OP of this thread. Where's the J.K. Simmons as J Jonah Jameson from Spider-Man gif...

Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
You can also project it or recognize it via self observation.. I think Peterson knows more about the dangers of ego than you do. Just my opinion. Truth is what makes for the sacred. My opinion, again.
False idols and all that. Sad. My opinion is that you’re probably more susceptible to get blow up by dynamite if you’re handling dynamite in your work life on a regular basis. His declaration of war on the radical left and moonie here cant for the life of him see the primal emotions driving him. It was what I tried to show you with Fry, one being clean of heart and kind vs one being not.
“Reality is what I make it” - ill show them. Pride. Vanity. And someone not enlightened at all.

Reactions: Pohemi

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
False idols and all that. Sad. My opinion is that you’re probably more susceptible to get blow up by dynamite if you’re handling dynamite in your work life on a regular basis. His declaration of war on the radical left and moonie here cant for the life of him see the primal emotions driving him. It was what I tried to show you with Fry, one being clean of heart and kind vs one being not.
“Reality is what I make it” - ill show them. Pride. Vanity. And someone not enlightened at all.
mikeeymikec and Peterson have something in common. They both believe as mm said:

"On another topic JP declared that pride is basically a bad thing, which I personally found pretty laughable for a psychologist to come out with as a generalisation as I'm pretty sure that no competent psychologist would agree with that statement; there are conditions (such as self-esteem issues) that would benefit from some level of pride in one's achievements." Peterson wrote a book with 12 steps to help with this low self esteem issue.

But it isn't based on delusional pride it is based on actually walking the talk by self evident personal achievement. And those primal emotions you are so disgusted by infect you only because of self hate. The thing that terrifies you is self recognition.

The issues that Peterson confronts in his search for truth are ancient and our culture is strewn with the remnants of the wisdom of ancients to fix it. Try looking at Peterson not for what he has wrong but for what he has right. Try looking beyond what you can't stand about yourself.

• Haha

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Ahahahahaha, holy shit. He can't help it, and its hilarious how predictable he is. And yet he's had the gall to proselytize about others in the OP of this thread. Where's the J.K. Simmons as J Jonah Jameson from Spider-Man gif...
Well, since @fskimospy has seen no reason to reply to my comments, I appreciate you filling in for him. The poor donkey normally just can't seem to ignore me and so often proselytize to him that he should. Wait, perhaps it isn't he who is the donkey. Pay no attention to me. And remember to get even with me if it's the last thing you ever do.

Round about the cauldron go;
In the poison’d entrails throw.
Toad, that under cold stone
Days and nights hast thirty one
Swelter’d venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i’ the charmed pot.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder’s fork, and blind-worm’s sting,
Lizard’s leg, and howlet’s wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Scale of dragon, tooth of wolf,
Witches’ mummy, maw and gulf
Of the ravin’d salt-sea shark,
Root of hemlock digg’d i’ the dark,
Liver of blaspheming Jew,
Gall of goat, and slips of yew
Sliver’d in the moon’s eclipse,
Nose of Turk, and Tartar’s lips,
Finger of birth-strangled babe
Ditch-deliver’d by a drab,
Make the gruel thick and slab:
Add thereto a tiger’s chaudron,
For the ingredients of our cauldron.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
mikeeymikec and Peterson have something in common. They both believe as mm said:

"On another topic JP declared that pride is basically a bad thing, which I personally found pretty laughable for a psychologist to come out with as a generalisation as I'm pretty sure that no competent psychologist would agree with that statement; there are conditions (such as self-esteem issues) that would benefit from some level of pride in one's achievements." Peterson wrote a book with 12 steps to help with this low self esteem issue.

But it isn't based on delusional pride it is based on actually walking the talk by self evident personal achievement. And those primal emotions you are so disgusted by infect you only because of self hate. The thing that terrifies you is self recognition.

The issues that Peterson confronts in his search for truth are ancient and our culture is strewn with the remnants of the wisdom of ancients to fix it. Try looking at Peterson not for what he has wrong but for what he has right. Try looking beyond what you can't stand about yourself.

You are one delusional old wannabe neverwas, all that you shout at us here, go talk to the mirror. Has Peterson gotten shit right in the past? Absolutely. You’re turning wicked old man.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
Definition of climate

1: a region of the earth having specified climatic conditionsHis physician advised moving to a warmer climate.
2a: the average course or condition of the weather at a place usually over a period of years as exhibited by temperature, wind velocity, and precipitationa healthful climatea warm, humid climate
b: the prevailing set of conditions (as of temperature and humidity) indoorsa climate-controlled office
3: the prevailing influence or environmental conditions characterizing a group or period : ATMOSPHERE a climate of fear, a climate of suspicion, the cultural climate of the 1960s

The climate, then, is what is chosen to measure and what can be chosen is anything including everything.
I don't see the words anything or everything in those definitions. Why not look at what the people studying it say? Here's the IPCC glossary of terms (page 557).

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Dude, i don't think you get me. I will judge the fuck out of you, for the TIE that you wear. Self-mutilation is absolutely a no-no.

My standing on Gay / Trans / whatever rights is;

You have the right to have sex with who you want, you have a right to dress as you want. I support same sex marriage, and i'm willing to close an eye to same sex couple adoption.
hmm ... that's about it.
Willing to close an eye, wow, how magnanimous of you.
don't know, never seen the video, never heard him talk about climate change. i refer to the other 99% of his content ALTHOUGH i suspect that Peterson is capable of understanding climate change and this is likely a case of misunderstanding.
Just to be clear .. Ben Shapiro is a moron who believes in angels, but most of his anti-trans statements are solid.
Interesting that you're able to see Ben Shapiro for who he is except when he confirms your anti-gay & trans beliefs.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I don't see the words anything or everything in those definitions. Why not look at what the people studying it say? Here's the IPCC glossary of terms (page 557).

Look, my intention in this thread was to demonstrate that in my opinion the sort of delusional partisan madness we see on the right, born of ignorance and fear, has seeped across party lines and become quite noticeable on the left. I do so in the hope that pointing that out might stimulate a modicum of self reflection, while knowing as I do the hopeless nature of such an endeavor. Fear generates fear and fear is the mind killer. And what we fear is self awareness, that we will become conscious of what we feel, that we will reexperience being made to feel worthless as children.

Fear creates orthodoxy, group think, partisan huddling, fanaticism, religious divisions, and all manner of efforts to avert the evil eye, that evil eye in this case being Jordan Peterson and by extension, me.

Huge effort has been devoted to put the hex on me. I am supposed to feel humbled and small, to break under all the put downs and to admit that I am as despicable as JP.

And here you are challenging the suggestions that Peterson made on climate studies in a casual conversation, where he mentions that climate is everything, right?, checking to see if Rogan was understanding where he was going with his criticism, but in your haste to catch the Moonbeam Warlock, you failed to read what I have said. I do not buy Peterson’s climate is whatever you want to call it argument despite the fact of that truth because I am perfectly happy with the perimeters the scientific community uses in their studies. What I seem to do differently than some here is to understand and appreciate the motivations that drive Peterson’s thinking. I find him interesting and how the authoritarian left reacts to him quite funny.

So we are going to study the climate of the environment. What aspects of the climate are we going to study and what particular environment?Who will decide? You have lots of options, no?

• Haha

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
What do you mean by "a no-no"? Do you mean it should be illegal?
i dont care if it is, but i dont APPROVE of it. Like i dont approve of ties with little horseshoes on it.
Kinda like this:

Interesting that you're able to see Ben Shapiro for who he is except when he confirms your anti-gay & trans beliefs.
that's .. uh .. everything, really. You know, if 3 people explain to me, let's say, INFLATION, and each one has a different theory, and then out of the three, one has a theory that makes me think "THIS SOUND RIGHT ! ", then yea, i would believe that one.

I'm happy to change my opinion when presented with new facts, or even with a better theory, but it's implicit that i will take the explanation that makes the most sense to me. Do you flip a coin?

You need to understand that i am not terribly bothered by trans rights. I'm not gonna walk around with a sign that says "you will burn in hell", but if you gave me a magic button that turns everyone into a muscular, athletic CIS, i would press it. It's undeniably better to be in the genetic ideal of the specie, than NOT to be.

• Haha

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
What do you mean by "a no-no"? Do you mean it should be illegal?

Wonder if he thinks that about boob jobs, plastic surgery, tattoos, piercings, etc... or is it just the kind of "self mutilation" he finds icky?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
i dont care if it is, but i dont APPROVE of it. Like i dont approve of ties with little horseshoes on it.
Kinda like this:

that's .. uh .. everything, really. You know, if 3 people explain to me, let's say, INFLATION, and each one has a different theory, and then out of the three, one has a theory that makes me think "THIS SOUND RIGHT ! ", then yea, i would believe that one.

I'm happy to change my opinion when presented with new facts, or even with a better theory, but it's implicit that i will take the explanation that makes the most sense to me. Do you flip a coin?

You need to understand that i am not terribly bothered by trans rights. I'm not gonna walk around with a sign that says "you will burn in hell", but if you gave me a magic button that turns everyone into a muscular, athletic CIS, i would press it. It's undeniably better to be in the genetic ideal of the specie, than NOT to be.

That's called confirmation bias lmao.

• Love

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

There is no "genetic ideal of the specie", our variation is a strength, not a weakness.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You are one delusional old wannabe neverwas, all that you shout at us here, go talk to the mirror. Has Peterson gotten shit right in the past? Absolutely. You’re turning wicked old man.

I see this as an indication that you were probably shouted at? Does that trigger any unpleasant memories? Did you get in trouble for shouting? You have quite a lip.

Last edited:
  • Haha

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Look, my intention in this thread was to demonstrate that in my opinion the sort of delusional partisan madness we see on the right, born of ignorance and fear, has seeped across party lines and become quite noticeable on the left.
Sure call out some points of hypocrisy on the left but you look like a moron attempting to remain neutral when defending actions done by the right these past 6 years.

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi and Meghan54

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I see this as an indication that you were probably shouted at? Does that trigger any unpleasant memories? Did you get in trouble for shouting? You have quite a lip.
All I see is an old man screaming at his own reflection.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Sure call out some points of hypocrisy on the left but you look like a moron attempting to remain neutral when defending actions done by the right these past 6 years.

I couldn’t help myself. The divine light emanating from Donald Trump is just so compelling.