On ATOT, are you, or any user you know, the absolute best at something?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I can state unequivocally that I am, without a doubt, the best kitten juggler ATOT will ever know. :D

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Kelvrick
Originally posted by: LordMaul
While this is obviously going to be disputed and will probably result in a lot of e-penis flexing, I'm probably the best concerning Adobe Photoshop mastery. I've been working with it for more years than I care to count and have an Adobe Expert Cert to back it up. :) Unlike others, though, I haven't posted any of my actual work here in a long time, so there's probably many others who are better known for their skills than I.

Sorry Maul, I'm going to have to take back that price you gave yourself and instead give you the "best hip thrusting at mcdonalds pay counter" prize.

Dammit, that was years ago! I haven't sexually harassed a McDonald's employee via unintentionally-erotic thrusting in so long, I've probably lost my touch. :brokenheart:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
While this is obviously going to be disputed and will probably result in a lot of e-penis flexing, I'm probably the best concerning Adobe Photoshop mastery. I've been working with it for more years than I care to count and have an Adobe Expert Cert to back it up. :) Unlike others, though, I haven't posted any of my actual work here in a long time, so there's probably many others who are better known for their skills than I.

Sorry Maul, I'm going to have to take back that price you gave yourself and instead give you the "best hip thrusting at mcdonalds pay counter" prize.

Dammit, that was years ago! I haven't sexually harassed a McDonald's employee via unintentionally-erotic thrusting in so long, I've probably lost my touch. :brokenheart:

I dunno who it was, but the guy that photoshopped the one guy out of the picture of the other guy playing the piano, then added a muscle head cat to the picture in the background ... THAT guy is the best guy I've ever seen in photoshop on these forums. I don't know who it was though.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: purbeast0

I dunno who it was, but the guy that photoshopped the one guy out of the picture of the other guy playing the piano, then added a muscle head cat to the picture in the background ... THAT guy is the best guy I've ever seen in photoshop on these forums. I don't know who it was though.

Link? To show how Maul is so inferior that is. :D

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: eits
chiropractic adjustments... i'm better than LOTS of established chiropractors.
well that's not too difficult.

:laugh:

? how isn't it difficult? you have to assess, diagnose, and make proper adjustments. being a chiropractor isn't just cracking bones... it's having enough knowledge and skill to diagnose patients and knowing when to adjust, when to use therapy, when to leave it alone, and when to refer to a medical doctor. knowing how to adjust is not an easy thing, either. every adjustment is a specific placing of a bone that's not moving properly or lined up as best as it could be.

but, i know whatever i say, you'll have some ignorant, old-school response about how chiropractors are awful and don't know anything, etc... that's fine, because it's pointless to try arguing with someone who loves to hate something they don't know anything about. times have changed and so has the chiropractic profession...

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

? how isn't it difficult? you have to assess, diagnose, and make proper adjustments. being a chiropractor isn't just cracking bones... it's having enough knowledge and skill to diagnose patients and knowing when to adjust, when to use therapy, when to leave it alone, and when to refer to a medical doctor. knowing how to adjust is not an easy thing, either. every adjustment is a specific placing of a bone that's not moving properly or lined up as best as it could be.

but, i know whatever i say, you'll have some ignorant, old-school response about how chiropractors are awful and don't know anything, etc... that's fine, because it's pointless to try arguing with someone who loves to hate something they don't know anything about. times have changed and so has the chiropractic profession...

Oh come on, we all know chiropractors are a bunch of hackjobs who never really went to a REAL medical school, and don't really do anything but crack your neck and push you around, right?!

:D

rocadelpunk

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
how are you guys stating that you're the best/top 5 in chess.

Can you list some competitions you've played and placed, rating, etc...

I haven't really played competitively since middle/early highschool,

but I was the 8th best 6th grader (tied for 5th) in the u.s. according to one tournament
: P

Whatever national k-12 grade champions way back when.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

Oh come on, we all know chiropractors are a bunch of hackjobs who never really went to a REAL medical school, and don't really do anything but crack your neck and push you around, right?!

:D

haha :laugh: if i didn't know you were joking and a fellow chiropractor to-be, i'd have made a long response to that post :)

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

oh stop tooting your own horn. you were the one who said you were "better than LOTS of established chiropractors."

therefore most of them can't be that good. here you are unestablished and you are better than them.

brag much?

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

oh stop tooting your own horn. you were the one who said you were "better than LOTS of established chiropractors."

brag much?

this entire thread is a bragfest, moshie :)

we're all tooting our own horns in here hehe

Rob9874

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
I bet I'm the best on ATOT at playing White Lion's "Wait" on guitar. Rhythm and lead.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
... therefore most of them can't be that good. here you are unestablished and you are better than them...

i never said most... i said lots. and i am not yet a chiropractor, but i'm confident of my skills and knowledge up to this point in my education. based on some of the stories i've heard from people who've seen chiropractors that i've adjusted, they really weren't that good. they didn't take time to assess and just went ahead and tried adjusting without doing any orthopedic tests or anything. they didn't properly diagnose things. it's probably because they're busy and when you get busy, you forget to do things or you just see patients as cattle that brings money to your wallet...

i'm not going to deny that there are a LOT of bad chiropractors out there... i know there are... they're a stain on the profession. they make people think that chiropractors are full of shyt and are just trying to take your money. however, i take pride in the fact that i know i won't be one of them and that my main focus is preventative and corrective care of patients so that they can maintain a better functioning standard of living.

you will never hear me say that there aren't bad chiropractors or that there aren't chiropractors who just try and take your money... what you WILL hear me say is that older chiropractors are typically not as good as newer chiropractors.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
... therefore most of them can't be that good. here you are unestablished and you are better than them...

i never said most... i said lots. and i am not yet a chiropractor, but i'm confident of my skills and knowledge up to this point in my education. based on some of the stories i've heard from people who've seen chiropractors that i've adjusted, they really weren't that good. they didn't take time to assess and just went ahead and tried adjusting without doing any orthopedic tests or anything. they didn't properly diagnose things. it's probably because they're busy and when you get busy, you forget to do things or you just see patients as cattle that brings money to your wallet...

i'm not going to deny that there are a LOT of bad chiropractors out there... i know there are... they're a stain on the profession. they make people think that chiropractors are full of shyt and are just trying to take your money. however, i take pride in the fact that i know i won't be one of them and that my main focus is preventative and corrective care of patients so that they can maintain a better functioning standard of living.

you will never hear me say that there aren't bad chiropractors or that there aren't chiropractors who just try and take your money... what you WILL hear me say is that older chiropractors are typically not as good as newer chiropractors.
well said. i think this is the first time you have admitted (or at least the first time i've read) that quackopractors do exist. :thumbsup:

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

well said. i think this is the first time you have admitted (or at least the first time i've read) that quackopractors do exist. :thumbsup:

there are many threads in the past where i've said the same thing... pretty much anytime someone has a problem that i think a chiropractor could help, i tell them to stay clear of older chiropractors and to always do some research before you trust someone with your spine.

the main problem i see with the profession as a whole is the fact that people can't agree on anything. there's a dichotomy of different kinds of chiropractors that range from "medipractors" (chiropractors who believe that medicine is also crucial to maintaining a patient's health) to "super straights" (people who believe that all illness and disease is caused by subluxations of the spine and chiropractors can pretty much fix anything). typically, the less educated/older chiropractors are super straights...

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Malak
I am the most knowledgeable about the bible. At least as far as I know, have seen few others that know as much.

Do you have a formal education or just from studying it personally? I'm thinking about going to a Christian college/seminary, but can't decide if I want to finish my undergraduate in my current field (premed), first. It's hard to find people in this era with the time and dedication to the Word, and it's a real pleasure to meet or hear people that do. I'm a avid listener to John MacArthur's sermons... can't get enough :)

mrzed

Jan 29, 2001
I may be the best GIS Analyst here, because I've never seen any mention of GIS on AT

I never have to put my feet down on my bicycle no matter how long the stoplight is

I am better than anyone I've seen at throwing grapes and catching them in my mouth

mrzed

Jan 29, 2001
Originally posted by: mrzed
I am better than anyone I've seen at throwing grapes and catching them in my mouth

Ever see the Blue Man Group? :)

My unique talent is not much, but it's all I have holding my fragile ego together. Was it really neccesary for you to burst my bubble so quickly?

Either that, or I should try out for the blue Man Group.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I revel in my mediocrity!

Edit: maybe I'm the best at not being the best at anything? :confused:

chowmein

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 2004
tomato in her days was very good at getting people's attention.
our court jester is awesome.
Zim drinking and 24.
raystorm fellow met fan =D
m4h for his sarcasm.

and of course loke for his god like pwnage.