On ATOT, are you, or any user you know, the absolute best at something?

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Best c&c player. Although theres only about like... 0 other die hard c&c fans here so... yeah...

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2005
I would consider myself the local absinthe connoisseur. Speaking of which... I need to order some more! But otherwise I'm just a face in the crowd that hates most of those around me. I'm a grump.

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
I nominate Aquaman for being the best at scanning. If he's not the best in the world yet, someone probably has nubs for hands because they scanned so many pages.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
DC is the best at watching 12 year old Japanese girls on tv.

(DC is the creepy Morning Musume watcher, right?)

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: randalee
I will bet that I shoot a handgun better than anyone here. Seriously.
There are some pretty serious shooters around here. Not me, though.

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
I'm best at being smarter then anyone in my school, thats why i come here... Intelligent conversation for once. I guess most of us could claim this though...

Oh, and I absolutely wreck as a Guild Wars Monk.... Rank 12 guild in beta

And i pretty much own anyone in BF2, even CAL. They should try playing BF2C

Lets see someone beat that resume! lol, i'm just asking to get owned...

jakedeez

Golden Member
Jun 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Descartes
I don't know about absolute best, but verifiably in the top 5% of several things:

1) My work in software
2) Income
3) Chess

Used to be, but no longer am:

4) Tennis
5) Piano

There are other things I suspect, but can't exactly verify. It would be nice to be the undisputed best at something, but to be honest it's nice to live a normal live under the radar. I wouldn't want the life of the best tennis player, pianist, or anything else to be honest.

Wrong. While your the best at "your work in software" - thats not saying anything. I am the best at "my taking a shower"....

You are however not the highest income person in the world, nor are you, or the other guy who said he was the best chess player in the world even close.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Crono
Originally posted by: ohtwell
I'm not the best at anything! :(

: ( Amanda

You're the best at cute posts... it's starting to get on my nerves, too :p

I'm the best at being honest... I suck at everything :D

Dude WTF. You are not going to get laid by this chick. Go out and meet a real vag and you won't find the urge to suckup on atot.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: jakedeez
I don't know about absolute best, but verifiably in the top 5% of several things:

1) My work in software
2) Income
3) Chess

4) Tennis
5) Piano

There are other things I suspect, but can't exactly verify. It would be nice to be the undisputed best at something, but to be honest it's nice to live a normal live under the radar. I wouldn't want the life of the best tennis player, pianist, or anything else to be honest.

Wrong. While your the best at "your work in software" - thats not saying anything. I am the best at "my taking a shower"....

You are however not the highest income person in the world, nor are you, or the other guy who said he was the best chess player in the world even close.

You obviously missed his first sentence.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: jakedeez

1) My work in software
2) Income
3) Chess

4) Tennis
5) Piano

Except that the thread is about the best on ATOT, not the best in the world.

are you, or any user you know of, the best/most proficient at something on ATOT?

MotionMan

mrkun

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Malak
Originally posted by: Crono
I am the most knowledgeable about the bible. At least as far as I know, have seen few others that know as much.

Do you have a formal education or just from studying it personally? I'm thinking about going to a Christian college/seminary, but can't decide if I want to finish my undergraduate in my current field (premed), first. It's hard to find people in this era with the time and dedication to the Word, and it's a real pleasure to meet or hear people that do. I'm a avid listener to John MacArthur's sermons... can't get enough :)

Informal, did discuss it with theological professors though. Learned enough early on to realize I didn't know squat. Still learning a lot. Be ready to question your beliefs, because if you are anything like me you probably just was taught by someone who was taught by someone who was... you get the picture.

I took a Pneumatology class at a seminary. Take that!

Edit: Spelling.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Dutch maybe, and most likely the most proficient in using/supporting the stuff the company I work for sells too ;)

Edit: And Anandtech Moderator: Best at banning

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: msi1337
I am the most knowledgeable about the bible. At least as far as I know, have seen few others that know as much.

Pride. Envy. Wrath, Gluttony and Lust. Sloth and Greed

hrmm

Your point is misguided. A question was asked, an observation made. I have no problems admitting being wrong or not being the best at anything.

I don't know dude...seekermeister claims to speak with God. and seekermeister's word is infallible.... ;)