Ohio Barber Confronts White Man Walking Around Black Neighborhoods Carrying Guns

Your opinion?

• It's his right.

• It's his right but he shouldn't do it.

• There's nothing wrong with it at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Reasonable Doubt

Nov 18, 2009
Published on Dec 6, 2015
Deone Slater, owner and master barber at Kangaroo Kutz in Akron, had enough of the antics of Daniel Kovacevic, 25, who was walking around with a rifle strapped to his back.
Locals claimed that this has been happening for weeks. Hundreds of reports have been made to police but nothing has been done. Officers said 'Nothing can be done because what he's doing is not illegal!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO146DPY26A

Moved from OT.

Perknose
Forum Director

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Published on Dec 6, 2015
Deone Slater, owner and master barber at Kangaroo Kutz in Akron, had enough of the antics of Daniel Kovacevic, 25, who was walking around with a rifle strapped to his back.
Locals claimed that this has been happening for weeks. Hundreds of reports have been made to police but nothing has been done. Officers said 'Nothing can be done because what he's doing is not illegal!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO146DPY26A

If it were the other way around man would already be arrested.

In case anyone thinks I'm just race baiting. Check youtube. People tested this theory and changed the race of the carrier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StrqQLQr8BA

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
If this dude were black he would have been shot by the police the first time.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Without more context it's a little hard to say how dickish whitey is. In the video you get the barber immediately being confrontational and yelling "Fuck you" and etc, but for all I know the guy with the rifle was being passive aggressive earlier. I don't have a good audio situation where I'm at right now so I don't want to watch the whole thing.

In general though, absolutely it should be his right to carry openly. I doubt he's nearly the threat to the local community that the barber says he is.

EDIT: And it's true irt the above that there is a racial double-standard, which is unfortunate. I can't seem to find where they mention the state of the black guy carrying in the video though; Oregon vs some redneck state could be an important distinction.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Without more context it's a little hard to say how dickish whitey is. In the video you get the barber immediately being confrontational and yelling "Fuck you" and etc, but for all I know the guy with the rifle was being passive aggressive earlier. I don't have a good audio situation where I'm at right now so I don't want to watch the whole thing.

In general though, absolutely it should be his right to carry openly. I doubt he's nearly the threat to the local community that the barber says he is.

But black men hanging around a polling place with batons are considered a threat. People trying to have it both ways

herrjimbo

Aug 21, 2001
He's an idiot just waiting for the cops to get in his face. Just because one has the right doesn't mean one should.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Yet he continues on with the thread.

If I were the business owner I'd be PO'd he was walking in front of my business like that for weeks myself.

First thing when he gets off to the side, "I'm a Christian, and I believe in love" pre rehearsed rant, while smirking his ass off.

N7CnN2H.gif

Last edited:

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
If I were the business owner I'd be PO'd he was walking in front of my business like that for weeks myself.

Good point I hadn't considered tbh. If he's patrolling this one store all day long then I could see that as disruptive loitering and a criminal offense.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Good point I hadn't considered tbh. If he's patrolling this one store all day long then I could see that as disruptive loitering and a criminal offense.

I do not think it is the one store, but he seems to be doing it in the general area just walking around.

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
But black men hanging around a polling place with batons are considered a threat. People trying to have it both ways

2e8eb29b0e53adb1d353b50456114e53.png

Wrong. Under the Obama administration, these fine folks pointing a baton at voters while they shouted racial slurs, including phrases such as "white devil" and "you're about to be ruled by the black man, cracker" was NOT considered voter intimidation.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Wrong. Under the Obama administration, these fine folks pointing a baton at voters while they shouted racial slurs, including phrases such as "white devil" and "you're about to be ruled by the black man, cracker" was NOT considered voter intimidation.

You got a tape of dat bro? Otherwise it didn't happen.

One thing we do know for a fact that occurred in a voting district in the city of Phila that was already over 90% registered Dem so voter intimidation would not be effective. BTW - I was not in favor of them doing this, just making a point.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
One thing we do know for a fact that occurred in a voting district in the city of Phila that was already over 90% registered Dem so voter intimidation would not be effective. BTW - I was not in favor of them doing this, just making a point.
With a 23% turnout...WTH?

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

Link ?

I have trouble believing that would go on longer than 5 minutes tops anywhere in the US.

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
You got a tape of dat bro? Otherwise it didn't happen.

I like how you make up baseless statements, then when called out on them, you demand evidence.

No tape, but was reported in the Wall Street Journal and there was an affidavit from a witness:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970203550604574361071968458430

The episode—which Bartle Bull, a former civil rights lawyer and publisher of the left-wing Village Voice, calls "the most blatant form of voter intimidation I've ever seen"—began on Election Day 2008. Mr. Bull and others witnessed two Black Panthers in paramilitary garb at a polling place near downtown Philadelphia. (Some of this behavior is on YouTube.)

One of them, they say, brandished a nightstick at the entrance and pointed it at voters and both made racial threats. Mr. Bull says he heard one yell "You are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker!"

. . .

In March, Mr. Bull submitted an affidavit at Justice's request to support its lawsuit.

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
Link ?

I have trouble believing that would go on longer than 5 minutes tops anywhere in the US.

Do you not have Google?

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a...stice_dept_lawyer_says_whites_rights_ignored/

Witnesses described an ugly scene: Two members of the New Black Panther Party threatening white voters the day Barack Obama was elected president, flinging insults like "white devil" and "you're about to be ruled by the black man, cracker."

The fallout from the case has become even uglier. Most charges against the men were dropped for lack of evidence, the U.S. Justice Department says. Now a former Justice Department lawyer is accusing his ex-superiors of ignoring white voters' rights and creating a systematic "one-way" approach in which only minorities are protected.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Why is this even a "Right"? This kind of thing is becoming common and is nothing more than an attempt at intimidation. Almost always White Males intimidating non-Whites or Muslims.