Ohio Barber Confronts White Man Walking Around Black Neighborhoods Carrying Guns

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Your opinion?

• It's his right.

• It's his right but he shouldn't do it.

• There's nothing wrong with it at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.

eng2d2

Golden Member
Nov 7, 2013
The black guy is crazy here. He should be happy someone is patrolling his street.

Reasonable Doubt

Nov 18, 2009
Do you have any idea of the history behind why we lost the right to open carry?

black20panthers202-28-69.jpg

reagan-nra-guns.png

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
As a gun owner, I think open carry is not cool <my opinion>, does not matter if the carrier is black/white/green/purple/whatever.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
A week before the planned parenthood shooting in Colorado Springs there was a man walking in the street with his AR-15. A woman who saw this was concerned and called the police who told her it was perfectly legal so they have the call a low priority.

Had the story stopped there shes just be another paranoid liberal scared of the big bad gun.

Ten minutes later three people were dead. Random people
Going about their lives. Of course there's no way to know for sure if a quicker police response would have prevented it. What it did do is gave this guy ample opportunity to follow through with little concern from the authorities.

Last edited:

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
For being a fucking redneck dumbass. :colbert:

I see. We should put all redneck dumbasses in jail. All of them. For being redneck dumbasses. The jails probably aren't big enough, so we'd probably have to build some kind of camps to "concentrate" these guys into.

Anyone advocating the jailing of someone who didn't do anything illegal is a....uh...not a very kind fellow.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
Quoting the bible while carring a device to kill other people

Well, seeing how he did this for weeks and failed to kill a single person, it sounds like he's pretty fucking terrible at the activity you say he intended: actually killing people. I can't say I'd be much afraid with someone who tries to kill people for weeks on end and despite carrying an assault rifle can't kill a single person. Or even fire a single bullet. Or even aim his gun at a single person. Maybe his goal isn't to kill other people?

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
As a gun owner, I think open carry is not cool <my opinion>, does not matter if the carrier is black/white/green/purple/whatever.

I wish people would stop being so afraid of open carry. I bet it is one hell of a deterrent to criminals who notice a guy with a gun around.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Well, seeing how he did this for weeks and failed to kill a single person, it sounds like he's pretty fucking terrible at the activity you say he intended: actually killing people. I can't say I'd be much afraid with someone who tries to kill people for weeks on end and despite carrying an assault rifle can't kill a single person. Or even fire a single bullet. Or even aim his gun at a single person. Maybe his goal isn't to kill other people?

And maybe it is.

Who would know better just randomly walking near him before seeing it on his back ?

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I wish people would stop being so afraid of open carry. I bet it is one hell of a deterrent to criminals who notice a guy with a gun around.

I just do not want anyone to know that I have a gun with me in person.

This is why.

Let say a bad guy is with a concealed gun, he sees you with a gun open carry. He would walk behind you and use his gun to shoot you and take your gun and then continue with his bad deed.

If you are a concealed carrier, he would not know who has gun and who does not, he would not specific target you.

That's how I see it, not about afraid or not. Something about lay low and hide my ability until the time is right.

Last edited:

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
That's why a black man was killed in the Walmart carrying a pellet gun he purchased in the store. White people called in a threat to the police. Police won't do anything in this case. Wonder why?

Did you check out the youtube link I posted on page 1 that answers your very question.

Any other thoughts?

You assume that both situation are the same with the exception of race. All you see is race. If something good happens to a white person it's because they are white. If something bad happens to a black person it is because they are black.

Dr. King said he dreamed of a world where his children would be judged on the content of their character, not the color of their skin. Why do you only seem to see skin color?

I'm not claiming police misconduct or racism doesn't exist, I've seen too much first hand. I'm just pointing out that we can't have real equality until we ignore race and only judge people by their actions, by the content of their character. The "US against THEM" mentality is wrong on both sides.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
A week before the planned parenthood shooting in Colorado Springs there was a man walking in the street with his AR-15. A woman who saw this was concerned and called the police who told her it was perfectly legal so they have the call a low priority.

Had the story stopped there shes just be another paranoid liberal scared of the big bad gun.

Ten minutes later three people were dead. Random people
Going about their lives. Of course there's no way to know for sure if a quicker police response would have prevented it. What it did do is gave this guy ample opportunity to follow through with little concern from the authorities.

It's a very tragic story, but, respectfully, what did you want the police to respond for? No crime was being committed. You seem to believe that legal open carry is a problem that requires a police response. It's not, no mater how much you hate guns or want to protect every person in the world.

The only way we will ever stop people from hurting others is to teach our children to be more responsible, caring and empathetic. No law to act nice will never sway the actions of someone intent on committing an evil act.

If you want to change the laws then vote. If you want to live where open carry is illegal then move to a state with more gun laws. Those are the safest states with regard to gun violence, aren't they?

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
This guy did nothing illegal, the store owner is a dick. But so is the gun carrier.

It is delightful to see so many people proven wrong with their ignorance in this thread. Making ignorant and wrong statements about if it was the other way around.

Can't be upset if the reaction to unarmed black people being gunned down by probable racist cops is to legally arm yourself. That is not a provocative action, that is a reaction.

The only reason Michael Brown was unarmed, was because he couldn't get the gun away from the cop. Good try though, trying to blame the cop when Brown assaulted a store owner, stole things, and tried to take out the cop.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You assume that both situation are the same with the exception of race. All you see is race. If something good happens to a white person it's because they are white. If something bad happens to a black person it is because they are black.

Dr. King said he dreamed of a world where his children would be judged on the content of their character, not the color of their skin. Why do you only seem to see skin color?

I'm not claiming police misconduct or racism doesn't exist, I've seen too much first hand. I'm just pointing out that we can't have real equality until we ignore race and only judge people by their actions, by the content of their character. The "US against THEM" mentality is wrong on both sides.

You didn't watch the youtube vid. They staged a legal open carry except changed the race of carrier.

MLK stated what should be, not what was and regretfully still is. Kinda tough to just ignore and just hope this shit just goes away.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
You didn't watch the youtube vid. They staged a legal open carry except changed the race of carrier.

MLK stated what should be, not what was and regretfully still is. Kinda tough to just ignore and just hope this shit just goes away.

A single incident does not establish a rule, but I know you are going claim this is proof that all white guys with guns will be talked too and all black guys with guns will be proned out at gunpoint because it's the results you want. I've personally seen lots of white guys with guns proned out by cops.

And I'm not asking you to ignore racism. I'm asking you to judge people based on their actions, without automatically supporting someone based on the color of their skin. That barber and the guy shooting the video reacted more to the fact that the open carrier was white as to the fact that he was carrying a gun.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I'm allowed to open carry but I dont believe in it.
Open carry makes you a target and targets become victims, which is exactly the opposite of what I want.