Ohio Barber Confronts White Man Walking Around Black Neighborhoods Carrying Guns

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Your opinion?

• It's his right.

• It's his right but he shouldn't do it.

• There's nothing wrong with it at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001

23214.8.jpg

IndiaTv6afe00_SonuThreatenedByPujari.jpg

Reasonable Doubt

Nov 18, 2009
2e8eb29b0e53adb1d353b50456114e53.png

Wrong. Under the Obama administration, these fine folks pointing a baton at voters while they shouted racial slurs, including phrases such as "white devil" and "you're about to be ruled by the black man, cracker" was NOT considered voter intimidation.

I remember this situation. I don't know what they said or if they even said anything at all. But I did see a video of a white guy saying he felt intimidated because they had nightsticks.

But they were barred by a court from being at a polling station until after 2012 if I remember correctly.

edit: The court prohibited him from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of any Philadelphia polling place through 2012. According to Madoka's link.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a...stice_dept_lawyer_says_whites_rights_ignored/

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
White people afraid of black people with guns? Right?
Heh, maybe.

2.6M background checks through 8/2015. Looks like everyone should have been afraid of a dunce-tard president....No?

I imagine the last few weeks have exploded with requests.:thumbsup:

Mar 11, 2004
Do you have any idea of the history behind why we lost the right to open carry?

black20panthers202-28-69.jpg

hpn-gun-club.jpg

Open-Carry-with-Cops1.jpg

If you can't see a difference between the state of the country around the Civil Rights Movement when there were laws about segregation and explicitly trying to allow discrimination (not to mention there was actual violence being committed regularly against blacks just because of being black), and now then I don't know what to say. That's not to excuse actions by the Black Panthers, and in fact they're a prime reason why I think a lot of this militia bullshit that has cropped up big time under Obama to be total horseshit. There are seriously fucked up people that think they're fighting a racial divide that is subjugating white people just like minorities (then largely African Americans) were that triggered the Civil Rights Movement. But then being obtuse to everything but what you want to support your shitty arguments seems to be a common thing with certain people.

The 2nd pic is not about intimidating white people. They were not going around predominately white neighborhoods brandishing weapons like that.

Plus there's the whole thing about it being partly in response to the predominately white Open Carry group saying they were going to walk through of their area.

Riding this wave of enthusiasm, Open Carry Texas announced in July that it would stage a walk through Houston's Fifth Ward, a predominately black neighborhood and the birthplace of the rap group the Geto Boys. "The black community has got its butt kicked for some time," David Amad, a white Open Carry Houston leader, told a local TV station. "We're going to go in there and help with that, put a stop to that." C. J. Grisham, the president of Open Carry Texas, then compared himself to Rosa Parks, telling another paper that the heavily armed group needed to walk through a black neighborhood because "somebody's got to stand up and sit in the front of the bus."

http://www.vice.com/read/huey-does-dallas-0000552-v22n1

But hey don't let things like facts get in the way of you trying to distort situations to prop up your fucked up view of things. Seriously I'm sick of dealing with you idiots running around complaining about how you're being portrayed when you don't even know history for shit and keep blatantly picking and choosing facts to try and support your beliefs when if you actually knew and understood you'd realize it basically does the complete opposite of what you think.

That 2nd pic is every bit as stupid as well (since they were not there to intimidate anything, at all, I really don't even know what point you think you're making by linking either of those pics since they are not anywhere close to what your argument seems to be).

Heh, maybe.

2.6M background checks through 8/2015. Looks like everyone should have been afraid of a dunce-tard president....No?

I imagine the last few weeks have exploded with requests.:thumbsup:

Um, what?

Post 13

Still can't get the vid to load.

Homer is still sucking hind tit.

What kind of response is that? Post 13 does nothing to really respond to his question.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Published on Dec 6, 2015
Deone Slater, owner and master barber at Kangaroo Kutz in Akron, had enough of the antics of Daniel Kovacevic, 25, who was walking around with a rifle strapped to his back.
Locals claimed that this has been happening for weeks. Hundreds of reports have been made to police but nothing has been done. Officers said 'Nothing can be done because what he's doing is not illegal!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO146DPY26A

The black guy sounds racist. Why can't the white guy walk around in a black neighborhood? He's not doing anything illegal. Why does he think he is threat to the "black community?" Because he's white? Would he feel the same if a black person was walking around open carrying?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The black guy sounds racist. Why can't the white guy walk around in a black neighborhood? He's not doing anything illegal. Why does he think he is threat to the "black community?" Because he's white? Would he feel the same if a black person was walking around open carrying?

That's why a black man was killed in the Walmart carrying a pellet gun he purchased in the store. White people called in a threat to the police. Police won't do anything in this case. Wonder why?

Did you check out the youtube link I posted on page 1 that answers your very question.

Any other thoughts?

Last edited:

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
Seriously I'm sick of dealing with you idiots running around complaining about how you're being portrayed when you don't even know history for shit and keep blatantly picking and choosing facts to try and support your beliefs when if you actually knew and understood you'd realize it basically does the complete opposite of what you think.

If you're that sick of dealing with it, perhaps it's time to look for another job. :whiste:

hqdefault.jpg

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
That's why a black man was killed in the Walmart carrying a pellet gun he purchased in the store. White people called in a threat to the police. Police won't do anything in this case. Wonder why?

Did you check out the youtube link I posted on page 1 that answers your very question.

Any other thoughts?

I'm not talking about the police actions. Obviously the police were called because of the racist store owner. Why can't a white man walk around in a black neighborhood legally carrying a gun? Why was he a threat to black people in the community? Because he was white? If a black person, say part of the Black Pathers, was walking around with guns, would he have called the police? Doubt it.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
2e8eb29b0e53adb1d353b50456114e53.png

Wrong. Under the Obama administration, these fine folks pointing a baton at voters while they shouted racial slurs, including phrases such as "white devil" and "you're about to be ruled by the black man, cracker" was NOT considered voter intimidation.

I never cease to be amazed by the powers of of the Mighty Obama. That picture looks just like this one from 2008, when Bush was President.

I take it your eyes are brown. That or you are a quart low.

Mar 11, 2004
If you're that sick of dealing with it, perhaps it's time to look for another job. :whiste:

hqdefault.jpg

Yes because that's my job (WTF?) or I can escape it when ignorant people like yourself are going around spouting this shit and putting politicians who are similarly ignorant (and spouting such shit) into office and setting policies. Seriously you (and people who often are making similar arguments as you are) can't even get basic facts straight more often than not then you run around whining about things? Yeah, I'm the butthurt one, yet I'm just refuting your bullshit argument?

I vehemently detest ignorance, and even moreso when people use it to try and prop up ignorant beliefs that are causing actual problems. The type of ignorance you're spreading in the post of yours that I originally quoted is exactly the type of shit causing problems now.

Mar 11, 2004
I never cease to be amazed by the powers of of the Mighty Obama. That picture looks just like this one from 2008, when Bush was President.

I take it your eyes are brown. That or you are a quart low.

Um, that is the exact situation they're talking about. And despite their ignorance with regards to other similar things, they actually have a point to make, in that the Justice Department dropped their investigation into that incident.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party_voter_intimidation_case

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I remember those guys! They cashed their Fox News paychecks and were gone... They dropped the story quicker than the Ashley Todd one.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Um, that is the exact situation they're talking about. And despite their ignorance with regards to other similar things, they actually have a point to make, in that the Justice Department dropped their investigation into that incident.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party_voter_intimidation_case

Actually, if you want to be exact in what happened, the Bush administration DOJ investigated these morons for a criminal case and decided not to go after them. Two weeks before Obama took office, the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ decided to go after them for civil right violations. When it came time for the case the defendants did not show up for the trial and the CRD attorneys thought they would take a default judgment in their favor. The bosses (of the DOJ now under Obama) decided otherwise and later dropped charges against three of the perps.

The whole thing was a waste of time for a few idiots who were looking for their 15 minutes of fame. That the Bush admin decided there was no criminal case is enough for me. The civil rights route is usually used when criminal law failed to hold the perps accountable but that requires people to come in and claim their rights were violated, not that they were scared and still voted.

If anything, Bush let the perps off (criminally).