Oh hey, there is a Democrat debate going on

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
That moment, her pointing at Bernie and going off on him made me think that the writing's already on the wall, the "progressive" pair are jousting and Biden's going to get the nod. It's still early, but that was my thought.

If those two were concerned about the progressive cause, they should have done what they did in '16 where they agree that one will run and not the other. I suppose it would have been Warren's turn this time. Either way, they are each other's biggest obstacle. I agree with your prediction that Biden is going to win this due to the progressive vote being split.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Oh, look at that, it's Elizabeth Warren's campaign manager writing those words. See, when you took it out of context and only quoted a portion of it, you implied that Elizabeth Warren wrote those words about herself, turns out....that's not the case. I mean, you read the whole thing, right?

And guess what, she's right. Warren has support from many different types of people, cultures, and economic backgrounds.

Nov 8, 2012
Oh, look at that, it's Elizabeth Warren's campaign manager writing those words. See, when you took it out of context and only quoted a portion of it, you implied that Elizabeth Warren wrote those words about herself, turns out....that's not the case. I mean, you read the whole thing, right?

dotdotdot.... wut?

I never insinuated that it was directly from the horse's mouth. I know that none of the major party candidates have time to send fundraising emails, makes twats on tweeter and other social media, or other useless shit that they hand off to subordinates. That doesn't imply that they aren't responsible for their message.

And her at the debate - and ESPECIALLY after the debate full knowing that the mics were still on was just pathetic. Christ, way to act like a 7 year old child that calls themselves native american. Bernie earned respect points for taking everything EXACTLY how an adult should have reacted to a child.

And guess what, she's right. Warren has support from many different types of people, cultures, and economic backgrounds.

No, statistically she does not lol. But go ahead and say that they have a token black guy and calling it diverse and lots of poor people.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
dotdotdot.... wut?

I never insinuated that it was directly from the horse's mouth. I know that none of the major party candidates have time to send fundraising emails, makes twats on tweeter and other social media, or other useless shit that they hand off to subordinates. That doesn't imply that they aren't responsible for their message.

And her at the debate - and ESPECIALLY after the debate full knowing that the mics were still on was just pathetic. Christ, way to act like a 7 year old child that calls themselves native american. Bernie earned respect points for taking everything EXACTLY how an adult should have reacted to a child.

If that's the case then why did this mailer make her a 'fucking moron'?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
dotdotdot.... wut?

No, statistically she does not lol. But go ahead and say that they have a token black guy and calling it diverse and lots of poor people.
[/QUOTE]

Englishing is hard, eh?

• Haha
Reactions: Victorian Gray

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
These candidates are all flawed individuals. I do not approve of Warren going after Sanders like that.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
f those two were concerned about the progressive cause, they should have done what they did in '16 where they agree that one will run and not the other. I suppose it would have been Warren's turn this time.

That is... an interesting concept. Should we be angry that Sanders ran in 2016, lost, and is running again in 2020?

Is it really "her turn"?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
These candidates are all flawed individuals. I do not approve of Warren going after Sanders like that.

I think we should all keep in mind that politics is a tough place and these people are all trying to win. With that in mind I feel like the attacks in the Democratic primary have been extremely mild, maybe too mild. Whoever the nominee is will be subjected to a blizzard of bullshit the likes of which no one has ever experienced - it's informative to see how they respond to attacks and it's something they might as well start practicing now.

I think the big issue here is that the news media is DESPERATE for some sort of drama in the Democratic primary. All these people releasing policy proposals that could actually affect people's lives is boring, they want shit talking, sensationalism, etc. That's why when there's even a mild controversy here the media works itself up into a frenzy.

Nov 25, 2013
Lol Elizabeth Warren is such a dumb fucking moron that she seems to just dig her own grave.

She sent out an email to her supporters that read this:

View attachment 15854

Hahahahaha god damn that made me fall over laughing. Got it Warren - so your supporters aren't highly-educated, they are mentally retarded - and so are you based on your quote. Thanks for confirming! Bwahahahaha

God damn what a pompous moron. Because she is making all of this stupid publicity you guys are ultimately dodging a bullet of another 2016, so I guess you can thank her.

"Be Best"

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I think we should all keep in mind that politics is a tough place and these people are all trying to win. With that in mind I feel like the attacks in the Democratic primary have been extremely mild, maybe too mild. Whoever the nominee is will be subjected to a blizzard of bullshit the likes of which no one has ever experienced - it's informative to see how they respond to attacks and it's something they might as well start practicing now.

I think the big issue here is that the news media is DESPERATE for some sort of drama in the Democratic primary. All these people releasing policy proposals that could actually affect people's lives is boring, they want shit talking, sensationalism, etc. That's why when there's even a mild controversy here the media works itself up into a frenzy.

It looks like the "progressive" wing of the party that's fighting with each other for the heart and soul of that wing. It was bound to be a circular firing squad sooner or later.

In addition, with Trump being as disliked and vulnerable an incumbent as he is, the Democratic competition is going to be particularly cutthroat. Not only is it the presidency at stake, you (the nominee) gets to be the one who goes down in history as the one who took down Trump. Add to that the additional boost for Warren that she'd go down as the first woman president in history, and she has absolutely no reason not go all knives-out from here on out.

Although, I'd hate to be the president following Trump, your left tying to clean up the complete shit show of a mess he's left.

Reactions: ch33zw1z
Nov 8, 2012
What on earth could you be on? Here's what you said, it's beyond ridiculous:

Now who's the moron. See the contraction there: who is. Find a psychiatrist.

Dear god when did you drop out of school? Or should I rather be asking when were you dropped on your head?

The only person making any sort of significant grammatical errors is yourself sugar tits.

You're pants

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
A comma after god would improve the clarity of your insult though separating the exclamation from the question, each into its own sentence, would be double plus good clarity wise.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
That is... an interesting concept. Should we be angry that Sanders ran in 2016, lost, and is running again in 2020?

Is it really "her turn"?

I don't really care about that point, or which one of them ran. If you read my comment, my point was that it is highly likely we will see a Biden nomination because both chose to run. And that is 100% correct unless you have some logical argument to the contrary.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Dear god when did you drop out of school? Or should I rather be asking when were you dropped on your head?

The only person making any sort of significant grammatical errors is yourself sugar tits.
I misspell stuff sometimes. I know this. I fix those when I notice. I don't always, obviously. Check this, egghead:

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way. - Mark Twain

Reactions: ivwshane

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

The level of grammar, and, especially, punctuation, on here is generally appalling. Your/you're and apostrophe use in general is a particular embarrassment.

But if we are going to start picking up on that sort of thing there will be no room left to argue about politics.

I get tempted sometimes but (a) I'd have no time to say anything else, (b) personally I feel that sort of thing brings up issues of class and snobbery, implying only a native speaker who went to a 'good' school has the right to a political opinion, and (c) there's a tacit convention involved that says I won't point out your literacy issues if you don't mention mine (bit like everyone not using certain kinds of weapons in a war) because I know full-well I have my own problems there (but then, I went to a crap school, so what do you expect?). I misspell words so badly that the spell-checker can't figure out what it was supposed to be in the first place.

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
With all the gaffs our leaders spout, I can overlook a misplaced apostrophe in a forum and not pass judgement.

Reactions: Muse

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The only appropriate time to call out someone’s spelling or punctuation is when they are calling someone else stupid or a poor speller.

Reactions: Muse and pmv

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
The level of grammar, and, especially, punctuation, on here is generally appalling. Your/you're and apostrophe use in general is a particular embarrassment.

But if we are going to start picking up on that sort of thing there will be no room left to argue about politics.

I get tempted sometimes but (a) I'd have no time to say anything else, (b) personally I feel that sort of thing brings up issues of class and snobbery, implying only a native speaker who went to a 'good' school has the right to a political opinion, and (c) there's a tacit convention involved that says I won't point out your literacy issues if you don't mention mine (bit like everyone not using certain kinds of weapons in a war) because I know full-well I have my own problems there (but then, I went to a crap school, so what do you expect?). I misspell words so badly that the spell-checker can't figure out what it was supposed to be in the first place.
There are posters for whom I have extremely high regard who's English is appalling. Bad punctuation, all kinds of missteps. I wouldn't dream of insulting them by correcting their use of language. Mister Mindless should get a life.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I don't really care about that point, or which one of them ran. If you read my comment, my point was that it is highly likely we will see a Biden nomination because both chose to run. And that is 100% correct unless you have some logical argument to the contrary.

Suppose that's correct. I've no reason to think it'll be otherwise at this point. Though I am hesitant to see frail candidates advance towards a confrontation with Trump. Hopefully the nominee receives plenty of support and coaching.

As for the primary, it's a damn shame we lack run-off elections, or ranked voting. Our Democracy is somewhat poisoned by a bad election system.

Reactions: ElFenix

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

Seems obvious that a candidate known for intelligent policy positions shouldn’t wade into the media circus.

Suppose that's correct. I've no reason to think it'll be otherwise at this point. Though I am hesitant to see frail candidates advance towards a confrontation with Trump. Hopefully the nominee receives plenty of support and coaching.

As for the primary, it's a damn shame we lack run-off elections, or ranked voting. Our Democracy is somewhat poisoned by a bad election system.
The election system is fine. The nomination process and limiting it to two parties is the poison.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Seems obvious that a candidate known for intelligent policy positions shouldn’t wade into the media circus.

Meh. It’s a pretty benign statement that wouldn’t even have registered in a regular primary. It’s because the Democratic primary has been so policy focused and so civil that the media is desperate for conflict and drama of any kind.

The election system is fine. The nomination process and limiting it to two parties is the poison.
You realize the election system is the reason there are only two parties, right?

Reactions: pmv