Oh hey, there is a Democrat debate going on

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
If Biden becomes the nominee and then loses they'll find a way to blame it on Bernie for being a misandrist who couldn't bring himself to support Biden because of Biden being a male...

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The democrats had a pretty easy standard, take care of the working class, unfortunately you don't get rich doing that and they wanted some of that corporate pig slop the republicans didn't mind gorging on while still trying appear to be the party of the people.

Many college educated liberals who harp about living wages, healthcare, along with the latest social justice issue of the day have no qualms about hating on the union based middle class that earns more than them and look down at them with contempt, especially factory workers, in effect doing the work of right to work republicans for them.

And then you all wonder why you end up with someone like Trump.

Bullshit. Democrats haven't had consistent enough power at the federal level to do anything on their own. You keep voting enough GOP muppets in to block anything Democrats want, so they have to compromise with the GOP which increasingly means passing GOP policy barely tempered by tiny sprinkles of reason. Then you still blame Democrats for the GOP policies that have been fucking the working class.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
If Biden becomes the nominee and then loses they'll find a way to blame it on Bernie for being a misandrist who couldn't bring himself to support Biden because of Biden being a male...

What’s up bro?!

If they lose they’ll probably do what the Bernie bro’s did and claimed it was a rigged primary.

People in glass houses...

nexus5rocks

Mar 12, 2014
Probably because most liberal-minded people would prefer to fix the problem causing the poor rather than just give money to them?

Waitaminute, I thought giving away money to people that might need it was this evil thing we were supposed to hate the Democrats for? Are we now allowed to say it's a good thing? Or is it only a good thing if a Republican is doing it?
big difference between voluntarily giving to the poor vs and having someone decide and tax you for it.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
What’s up bro?!

Cool story bruh....

Still miffed that Hillary ran a "scripted, soulless, campaign" against a head-assed idiot and lost to him when people (except a few) were saying there's no way Trump could win?

yeah I think you are....

here's more. one from an L.A. CBS affiliate.

won't address the video posts from #224 of this thread that indicate that CNN has an odd take on the story... but hey you keep on doing you brah... by this point nothing more is expected of ya.

Reactions: Starbuck1975

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Cool story bruh....

Still miffed that Hillary ran a "scripted, soulless, campaign" against a head-assed idiot and lost to him when people (except a few) were saying there's no way Trump could win?

yeah I think you are....

here's more. one from an L.A. CBS affiliate.

won't address the video posts from #224 of this thread that indicate that CNN has an odd take on the story... but hey you keep on doing you brah... by this point nothing more is expected of ya.

I guess pointing out your hypocrisy really struck a nerve.

Funny thing about your rant, I said pretty much the same thing during and after the election about Hillary’s campaign. The difference between me and you though, is that I didn’t repeat Russian talking points or make up bull shit excuses about losing the primary.

Bernie bro’s continue their tradition of being the equivalent of trump supporters on the left.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
big difference between voluntarily giving to the poor vs and having someone decide and tax you for it.

When my family was poor, destitute, and hungry....I never asked where the food on the table came from.

If your argument is that you're being robbed of the emotional boost you get from "freely giving", than I say that's too bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muse

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Yeah, the first is very often paternalistic and patronising, tends to be highly selective and carry all sorts of hidden, and not-so-hidden, agendas, while the latter is about acknowledging the existence of society and the arbitrariness of wealth-distribution.

I'm not a huge fan of charity - have encountered quite a few people who were involved in it for dubious reasons with very questionable motivations. Jimmy Saville would be a very extreme example, and hence a bit unfair, but I've met people who appeared to be doing it because, for example, they liked getting to boss poor people about, and to feel superior to them. Some work for charities to facilitate social-climbing and networking or just to get a huge salary.

Many charities have an obvious religious proselytising agenda, others are just lobbying organisations for the rich (all those 'think tanks'), and at best they can be a last resort where the state has failed in it's job (often due to the effects of those lobbying organisations).

Also a few charities here seem to fall into colluding with the government's agendas, like disability and mental-illness charities getting too involved with Tory 'welfare reform' programs.

The most difficult cases would be trans-national ones. As there's no global state, in those cases it is often charity or nothing, so it's kind of a necessary evil. And both private foreign aid and state aid have a long history of being misused (e.g. the recent Oxfam sex-abuse cases) but on the other hand there's no other mechanism for helping those in poorer countries who suffer disasters. In those foreign cases private charity and state aid aren't that different, both can have the same pitfalls.

Within a country though, I think if there is a lot of charity, then there's something wrong with the society.

Last edited:

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
My hypothesis is that Bernie brought up to Sen. Warren that Trump would weaponize misogyny against her in a clumsy way... or that Sen. Warren misinterpreted Bernie warning her about Trump being willing to use misogynistic tactics or both.

Yeah...it seems Warren tried a political stunt. Don't tell me for a moment that Warren didn't know the mic was hot -- she knew they were on a recorded mic and that she was going to use that to look tough in front of the cameras. Her whole closing statement seemed to be an "I am woman" moment, and then she went right off into Bernie's direction. Even the sharpest, savviest politicians know that they might have 1 or 2 chances of being president. She is slipping in the polls. She knows that time is running out and she wanted to deliver her own Kamala Harris moment. It's entirely possible that Sanders might have made a remark to the effect that this might not be the best year for a female candidate, but if he said something to that extent, then it's understood that this was a private remark and Warren is being the under-handed one here, and she's using her vagina to do it.

Whether it's a effective or not in terms of hurting Sanders, I doubt it. This was media driven and will have it's little 15 minutes of fame. I don't see how this really improves her image when the general election rolls around.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
It's entirely possible that Sanders might have made a remark to the effect that this might not be the best year for a female candidate, but if he said something to that extent, then it's understood that this was a private remark
that's entirely possible as I would expect Bernie to actually bring up that Trump would use despicable tactics against different candidates. And tell fellow candidates he spoke with privately to be prepared racist/sexist "dog whistles"

I had a bad feeling when I heard that Sen. Warren's campaign was talking to Hillary campaign advisers... and here we are.... yet some shills say "oh that's a none issue "Bernie Bro'."
FUCK EM.

I'm sure that if Trump had somehow been the GOP candidate facing off against President Obama there would have been dozens of not so subtle racist "dog whistle call" remarks made by Trump and possibly ignored on some level by the usual cable channels because Trump brought them ratings.

In an alternate world where Julian Castro turns out to be the nominee Trump would be talking about Mexico shipping drugs to American kids in reference to Rep. Castro and probably hinting that Fidel Castro is a relative.

Nov 8, 2012
Lol Elizabeth Warren is such a dumb fucking moron that she seems to just dig her own grave.

She sent out an email to her supporters that read this:

1579281824186.png

Hahahahaha god damn that made me fall over laughing. Got it Warren - so your supporters aren't highly-educated, they are mentally retarded - and so are you based on your quote. Thanks for confirming! Bwahahahaha

God damn what a pompous moron. Because she is making all of this stupid publicity you guys are ultimately dodging a bullet of another 2016, so I guess you can thank her.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Lol Elizabeth Warren is such a dumb fucking moron that she seems to just dig her own grave.

She sent out an email to her supporters that read this:

Hahahahaha god damn that made me fall over laughing. Got it Warren - so your supporters aren't highly-educated, they are mentally retarded - and so are you based on your quote. Thanks for confirming! Bwahahahaha

God damn what a pompous moron. Because she is making all of this stupid publicity you guys are ultimately dodging a bullet of another 2016, so I guess you can thank her.

Your hate-boner for Elizabeth Warren is pretty weird. It's doubly weird that you so consistently call someone stupid who is pretty clearly much more capable than yourself (or honestly probably anyone on this board).

She's super smart, super hard working, and super capable. If you don't like her policies that's fine but when you so consistently try to act like she's stupid you're just making yourself look bad.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Yeah...it seems Warren tried a political stunt. Don't tell me for a moment that Warren didn't know the mic was hot -- she knew they were on a recorded mic and that she was going to use that to look tough in front of the cameras. Her whole closing statement seemed to be an "I am woman" moment, and then she went right off into Bernie's direction. Even the sharpest, savviest politicians know that they might have 1 or 2 chances of being president. She is slipping in the polls. She knows that time is running out and she wanted to deliver her own Kamala Harris moment. It's entirely possible that Sanders might have made a remark to the effect that this might not be the best year for a female candidate, but if he said something to that extent, then it's understood that this was a private remark and Warren is being the under-handed one here, and she's using her vagina to do it.

Whether it's a effective or not in terms of hurting Sanders, I doubt it. This was media driven and will have it's little 15 minutes of fame. I don't see how this really improves her image when the general election rolls around.
That moment, her pointing at Bernie and going off on him made me think that the writing's already on the wall, the "progressive" pair are jousting and Biden's going to get the nod. It's still early, but that was my thought.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Your hate-boner for Elizabeth Warren is pretty weird. It's doubly weird that you so consistently call someone stupid who is pretty clearly much more capable than yourself (or honestly probably anyone on this board).

She's super smart, super hard working, and super capable. If you don't like her policies that's fine but when you so consistently try to act like she's stupid you're just making yourself look bad.

He doesn't source the email snip either. I'm skeptical. I've donated to Warren in the past and get tons of emails from her campaign. I haven't found one with that verbage yet.