Oh crap, the violent husband of the woman I been sleeping with is waiting for me....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Now I'm all alone at work and I can see the guy is getting impatient. Perhaps he thinks I left already?

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
Now I'm all alone at work and I can see the guy is getting impatient. Perhaps he thinks I left already?
I mean, he's gonna be back tomorrow right?

You should have had a coworker go up to him and ask who he's waiting for, and when he says "I'm looking for Braznor", they should say "oh he already left"

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
OP, here's what you do. Trust me, it'll work. I've seen it in movies all the time.

Get yourself one of those big office plants with a lot of leaves. Place it just inside his view but not really, and hide behind it. Then, slowly move the plant one foot towards the exit while remaining behind it. He might quickly glance at it, but that's when you put it down and stay still. Eventually, after like an hour, you'll make it to the exit under the cover of the plant and he'll still be waiting in the lobby.

You can thank me now or when you're safely home. Your choice.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I mean I understand that it'll be hard to leave if family members are far away (so you have nowhere to go), money, etc. etc.
Spousal abuse is about a lot of things, dominance and control being 2. Destroying the woman's self confidence is another so they "can't" leave where a more confident person would say, "Eff this crap."

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
I mean, he's gonna be back tomorrow right?

You should have had a coworker go up to him and ask who he's waiting for, and when he says "I'm looking for Braznor", they should say "oh he already left"

Yea, he probably would. I guess I will ask a coworker of mine tell him tomorrow that I have quit this job.

I was planning to quit anyway. I just don't want to go out here in style.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Wait, if hes actually in the lobby and everyone has left get security to go and ask him to leave. If hes drunk and violent chances are they will have to kick his arse for you.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
OP, here's what you do. Trust me, it'll work. I've seen it in movies all the time.

Get yourself one of those big office plants with a lot of leaves. Place it just inside his view but not really, and hide behind it. Then, slowly move the plant one foot towards the exit while remaining behind it. He might quickly glance at it, but that's when you put it down and stay still. Eventually, after like an hour, you'll make it to the exit under the cover of the plant and he'll still be waiting in the lobby.

You can thank me now or when you're safely home. Your choice.

My penis is bigger than any potted plants available here.

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
Spousal abuse is about a lot of things, dominance and control being 2. Destroying the woman's self confidence is another so they "can't" leave where a more confident person would say, "Eff this crap."
Yeah, I understand.

I've watched a lot of tv (and taken psychology classes, but I'm by no means an expert in the topic)
Yea, he probably would. I guess I will ask a coworker of mine tell him tomorrow that I have quit this job.

I was planning to quit anyway. I just don't want to go out here in style.

How'd he even find your place of work anyways?

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
If you look at this logically, like an engineer would, it's a perfect situation for you.

If he finds you somewhere alone the outcome would be fairly unpredictable but this is in public .Grab a potentially lethal weapon, like a knife, walk to the lobby, wait for him to attack you, and kill him.

You'll be in the clear.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Slip out the back door, buy a salami, then come in the front and wack him with it, or call some friends for backup since he seems to intimidate you.

Have you contacted this woman to find out what's up? How did he know where you work and what you look like? If she's confessed to him and the gig's up, just call the police. He is there as a guest and as YOUR guest if you don't want him there, he can't stay on the property, which at least gets you to your vehicle assuming it's parked on the property.

Reactions: highland145

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Wait, he has left. No one in the lobby except for security now. Perhaps he is waiting for me at the carpark?

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Depending on how much adrenaline your body can produce him hitting you may only make you angrier and stronger, so I say you're way past due to confront this dude already. You can still be knocked out though so just be smart and time your strikes; let him make the first move then ruin him.