Official Swiftboat Thread

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: MrPALCO
You Liberal/Democrats and those that apologize or approve of you show just how weak and silly you are when you make Kerry your hero.

Your kind is the easiest to blow out of the marketplace. You leave your treasure to follow the lie and cry when you don?t have enough.

Your lives exist in a world of theory that does not work. Movies, College Professors, Liberal Politicians and false religions have hooked you and are pulling you toward the pit.

Your own spiritual laziness forces you to turn your head on facts that your mind knows must be looked at.

How much blood did Kerry shed to win these 3 Purple Hearts?

Where did you cut and paste that tripe from? WOW. MrPALCO, the answer is simple, enough to win 3 purple hearts. You would know nothing of bleeding for your country nor would your champion president. So your post along with your life as far as I can tell.... Is, Has, and Always will be a MOOT point.

MrPALCO

Banned
Nov 14, 1999
Very nice but, how much blood did Kerry shed to win these 3 Purple Hearts?

Stop running from the truth, son.

yankeesfan

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2004
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
<blockquote>quote:
<hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>MrPALCO</b></i>
Very nice but, how much blood did Kerry shed to win these 3 Purple Hearts?

Stop running from the truth, son.
<hr></blockquote>
2 pints?

0 pints?

MrPALCO

Banned
Nov 14, 1999
You know to win 3 Purple Hearts in 4 months this guy must have been some soldier!

You would think he would share the details of the grizzly battles that lead to his great valor.

And before you say it, don?t tell me he is engaging in the time honored tradition of soldier modesty. This guy has made his military service the centerpiece of his campaign.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
You know to win 3 Purple Hearts in 4 months this guy must have been some soldier!

You would think he would share the details of the grizzly battles that lead to his great valor.

And before you say it, don?t tell me he is engaging in the time honored tradition of soldier modesty. This guy has made his military service the centerpiece of his campaign.

*plonk*

MrPALCO

Banned
Nov 14, 1999
umbrella39, don't dispair, you have picked a battle you can not win.

The truth is your man is a pretender and a liar.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
I think the reason why people aren't responding to you PALCO is because it is ultimately a pointless discussion. At least Rip would entertain us every now and then with something that made sense, your just an idiot (notice how nobody on the right will come defend you).

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

His military record is open and publicized, and for once, I agree with you -- Kerry must have been some soldier! At least, that's what his records and everyone who was actually with him say. :cool: The only people saying anything different are the now thoroughly discredited Swift Boat LIARS.

Of course, that's much more than Bushwhacko can manage to do. When he says he was flying jets, the absence of any pay records suggest the only thing he flew was the coop! :roll:
The truth is your man is a pretender and a liar.
The truth is, you are the pretender and liar. :frown:

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Sudheer Anne
I think the reason why people aren't responding to you PALCO is because it is ultimately a pointless discussion. At least Rip would entertain us every now and then with something that made sense, your just an idiot (notice how nobody on the right will come defend you).

That's why I plonked him. He has nothing to offer. His question as pointed out is moot. That is like asking how big his $hit was the morning he won his first purple heart. They don't measure blood loss in the field or otherwise. There is no: x amount of blood loss = 1.725 purple heart conversion.

But I am rather enjoying watching him go on like a 7 year old who just realized he can out argue and yell louder than his 2 year old sister.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Is this topic too much for you? Answer a simple question. How many days did Kerry spend in the hospital as a result of his Purple Heart winning wounds?
How much time did Bush spend in the hospital as a result of his Vietnam service?

This entire Swift Boat Liars for Bush farce is a blatant attempt to distract America from a simple truth: Kerry served his country -- in combat -- in Vietnam; Bush not only dodged service in Vietnam, he didn't even live up to the lightweight responsibilities of his cushy Guard post. Bush likes to portray himself as a great warrior, but even a cursory look at his record shows otherwise. Kerry may not be a perfect hero, but a least he isn't a draft-dodging coward who sends others to die on false pretenses while he cowers in the comfort of his air-conditioned office.

George W. Bush is a disgrace to all of our brave men and women in uniform. He is a disgrace to America herself.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

1 quart?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Poll: More Believe Bush Behind Attack Ads

NEW YORK - Americans increasingly believe President Bush (news - web sites)'s re-election campaign is behind the ads attacking Democrat John Kerry (news - web sites)'s Vietnam experience, a poll found.

Almost half in a poll taken this week say they think the president's campaign is behind the ads that try to undercut Kerry's medals for heroism while just over a third think the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth is an independent group, the National Annenberg Election Survey found.

The public's belief that Kerry did not earn his medals grew to 30 percent when the attack ads got widespread publicity on cable news networks. But that number has dropped to 24 percent now.

In polling from Monday through Thursday, 46 percent said they believed the Bush campaign was behind the ads and 37 percent said they thought the ads were done independently.

On Monday and Tuesday when the Kerry campaign was making the accusation Bush was involved, 42 percent said the Bush campaign was behind them and 41 percent said they were truly independent.

After Ginsberg resigned from the campaign on Wednesday, 50 percent said in polling the next two nights that the Bush campaign was connected to the ads and 34 percent said it was not.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Laura Bush steps out from her hiding place in her husband's shadow to say what W apparently can't say himself:

Anti-Kerry Ads Not Unfair, Laura Bush Says

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - First lady Laura Bush said on Sunday that campaign advertisements accusing Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry of lying about his Vietnam War record were fair.
In an interview with Time magazine released on Sunday, Mrs. Bush said ads by a group called Swift Boat Veterans for Truth criticizing Kerry were no different from attack ads that have been aimed at President Bush.

"Do I think they're unfair? Not really. There have been millions of terrible ads against my husband," Mrs. Bush told Time.

The Kerry campaign criticized Mrs. Bush's remarks and accused the Bush organization of coordinating with the Swift Boat Veterans, which is barred under campaign finance rules.

"Mrs. Bush's statement in support of the Swift Boat smear ads is more sad evidence that these attacks have been coordinated from the top down at the White House," Kerry spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter said.

The Bush campaign has denied colluding with the Swift Boat Veterans on the ads. But its case was hurt this past week when a top lawyer for the Bush campaign, Benjamin Ginsberg, resigned after disclosing he was providing legal advice to the veteran's group.

Kerry's war record in Vietnam has dominated the 2004 presidential campaign in recent weeks after ads by the Swift Boat group accused him of lying about the events that led to his decoration for bravery while commanding a swift boat in Vietnam.

President Bush has said the ads attacking Kerry should be stopped, along with those being aired by other such 527 groups, so named for the section of the tax code under which they are organized.

The White House on Thursday said it would file a lawsuit to try to force the Federal Election Commission to crack down on the groups. Bush has said he does not believe Kerry lied about his record, but he has refused to condemn the ads directly.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
That is hilarious DealMonkey. She is not very bright is she? So if they're unfair ads against her husband, the attacks by him against Kerry are fair? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Would it not be unfair if a negligent driver plowed into her truck and killed her?

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Infohawk
That is hilarious DealMonkey. She is not very bright is she? So if they're unfair ads against her husband, the attacks by him against Kerry are fair? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Would it not be unfair if a negligent driver plowed into her truck and killed her?

I know, I know. She must not get much practice talking to people and/or formulating coherent thoughts.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
From The Sludge Report

no link, front page

"Reporter Robert Novak has been touting the anti-John Kerry book UNFIT FOR COMMAND without mentioning that his son is the publisher's publicist... Developing... "

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
The publishers publicist. LOL So the more publicity his son gets the book, the better off he and the company he workd for is....Hmmm Posible conflict of interest or just free advertising?

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
I go away for a few days... come back.. and you guys are still rehashing the same old shit!!!

Good Lord. Here is what I have found out... from a neutral standpoint....

Kerry said...
VOTE FOR ME.. I am a vet... wounded...3 purple hearts.. and medals out the WAZOO!!!
It is the DNC and I will not talk about the issues in my speech, I will talk about ... I am a vet... wounded...3 purple hearts.. and medals out the WAZOO!!! I will not talk about my past, or my voting record, or anything else.. I will ONLY talk about ...I am a vet... wounded...3 purple hearts.. and medals out the WAZOO!!

Well, what he didn't expect is that a bunch of other vietnam vets have a total hard on for his actions and behaviour during, but mostly AFTER the war... when Kerry was accusing his fellow soldiers, and making all kinds of war crime claims... and burning flags and writing anti-American books.... and they want to see him fall... and no matter what they have to do, they will do it... ads, internet, books, WHATEVER... they will drag the butler's dog into the fray if they think it will help their "Kerry is a fraud" campaign. Many of them were found to have discrepencies in their stories....

BUT.. Kerry has discrepencies of his own....

The difference being that.... the accusers WANT to face Kerry and Kerry ONLY wants to delfect the blame to Bush!!!
Kerry actually WENT to vietnam, while Bush bought his way out... his rivals say...
And that is soooo true... Bush, and many others... pulled string, called in favors, bought ppl off... just to NOT have to go to Vietnam...
That is NOT the issue....

There are questions about Kerry's war medals... There are questions about his war record, and his service... the more ppl dig, the more discrepencies there are.... There are bad things found out about the accusers, yes.. but that does NOT take away from the fact that there are discrepencies in Kerry's war record that he wanted to be elected on... There are questions about his AFTER war record... His Flag burning - anti American days....

Bush says... I want ALL ads taken off... Bush says... Kerry was more heroic than I...
And yet.... Kerry STILL will not face the vets... the ppl he accused... the ppl he maligned...
And the repsonse from the Kerry campagin... ???????

This is a SERIOUS issue.. it is hurting Kerry badly..... and he will not face it... will not answer it... will not do anything else but attack Bush on it.....

Let's put this to bed already.... Kerry should face the ppl he accused, the vets he maligned.... release ALL of his records... sign the form...

then... he will have an open forum to talk about the issues and get my vote. Bush Sucks... but Kerry is sinking fast!!!

:)

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
It is NOT a serious issue, KarenMarie.

Kerry does NOT have to face these liars. To face these liars is to give credence to their lies. These lying swiftboat veterans have ZERO credibility. The leaders of that group have been PROVEN to be liars.

Their only raison d'etre is to raise doubt about Kerry through the use of lies. Rove is a political genius, an evil one, though.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: KarenMarie
I go away for a few days... come back.. and you guys are still rehashing the same old shit!!!

Good Lord. Here is what I have found out... from a neutral standpoint....

Kerry said...
VOTE FOR ME.. I am a vet... wounded...3 purple hearts.. and medals out the WAZOO!!!
It is the DNC and I will not talk about the issues in my speech, I will talk about ... I am a vet... wounded...3 purple hearts.. and medals out the WAZOO!!! I will not talk about my past, or my voting record, or anything else.. I will ONLY talk about ...I am a vet... wounded...3 purple hearts.. and medals out the WAZOO!!

Well, what he didn't expect is that a bunch of other vietnam vets have a total hard on for his actions and behaviour during, but mostly AFTER the war... when Kerry was accusing his fellow soldiers, and making all kinds of war crime claims... and burning flags and writing anti-American books.... and they want to see him fall... and no matter what they have to do, they will do it... ads, internet, books, WHATEVER... they will drag the butler's dog into the fray if they think it will help their "Kerry is a fraud" campaign. Many of them were found to have discrepencies in their stories....

BUT.. Kerry has discrepencies of his own....

The difference being that.... the accusers WANT to face Kerry and Kerry ONLY wants to delfect the blame to Bush!!!
Kerry actually WENT to vietnam, while Bush bought his way out... his rivals say...
And that is soooo true... Bush, and many others... pulled string, called in favors, bought ppl off... just to NOT have to go to Vietnam...
That is NOT the issue....

There are questions about Kerry's war medals... There are questions about his war record, and his service... the more ppl dig, the more discrepencies there are.... There are bad things found out about the accusers, yes.. but that does NOT take away from the fact that there are discrepencies in Kerry's war record that he wanted to be elected on... There are questions about his AFTER war record... His Flag burning - anti American days....

Bush says... I want ALL ads taken off... Bush says... Kerry was more heroic than I...
And yet.... Kerry STILL will not face the vets... the ppl he accused... the ppl he maligned...
And the repsonse from the Kerry campagin... ???????

This is a SERIOUS issue.. it is hurting Kerry badly..... and he will not face it... will not answer it... will not do anything else but attack Bush on it.....

Let's put this to bed already.... Kerry should face the ppl he accused, the vets he maligned.... release ALL of his records... sign the form...

then... he will have an open forum to talk about the issues and get my vote. Bush Sucks... but Kerry is sinking fast!!!

:)
If I were Kerry I wouldn't give thiose lying cscksuckers the time of day let alone debate them pubicly.