** Official Star Craft 2 Multiplayer Thread **

Page 67 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
Anyone else watch MLG right now? Idra vs ogsMC are about to go at it in the finals after MC beat Idra earlier in the tourney. Pretty sick games so far.

Idra is getting spanked in the not finals currently

Last edited:

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
Anyone else watch MLG right now? Idra vs ogsMC are about to go at it in the finals after MC beat Idra earlier in the tourney. Pretty sick games so far.

Idra is getting spanked in the finals currently

I've been watching.

It wasn't the finals, just losers bracket games to try to get into the finals. Idra just threw away the games, no idea what was going through his head.

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
I've been watching.

It wasn't the finals, just losers bracket games to try to get into the finals. Idra just threw away the games, no idea what was going through his head.

Yea I realized I was wrong about the finals, but Idra was playing terrible, def threw away those games.

The losira vs mc series was fantastic, I'm also amazed that MMA got through to the end as he was one of the "weaker" players, but he did win a game after destroying his own CC accidentally... and having his opponent randomly quit. so maybe he is just damn lucky.

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
damn I hate how a bunch of stalkers and a bunch of colo's took out my thors like they were candy!

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Anyone here play any of the custom games? I've been playing a ton of Marine Arena lately and just HATE getting stuck with a horrible teammate. Maybe we could get an AT Marine Arena game going one night?

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
An official AT chatroom wouldn't be a bad idea, no idea how it would work on bnet.

Btw is anyone thinking of entering the Nvidia sponsored Pro/Am tourney?

It's free

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
So currently, ONLY the "Quick Match" feature will allow you to place in the leagues/ladder matches? Others are just for "fun"?

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
An official AT chatroom wouldn't be a bad idea, no idea how it would work on bnet.

Btw is anyone thinking of entering the Nvidia sponsored Pro/Am tourney?

It's free

I was considering it... but I'd just get raped so that's a lot less motivation, haha. I dunno what it is about me and 1v1's. My play is so awful in 1v1's b/c I get super nervous and the execution just falls apart.

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
I was considering it... but I'd just get raped so that's a lot less motivation, haha. I dunno what it is about me and 1v1's. My play is so awful in 1v1's b/c I get super nervous and the execution just falls apart.

Meh the worst that can happen is that you lose, it's group play so you are certain to get a bunch of games to play before elimination. Just hope there are no pro's using smurf accounts in your bracket

Also it's free. I'm probably going to try it, I'll certainly get rolled but nothing to lose really.

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
damn got canon rushed bad... both toss came up and threw a pylon in my face lol. came from the front! didn't even decide to go backwards!

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
Meh the worst that can happen is that you lose, it's group play so you are certain to get a bunch of games to play before elimination. Just hope there are no pro's using smurf accounts in your bracket

Also it's free. I'm probably going to try it, I'll certainly get rolled but nothing to lose really.

Oh I know I have nothing to lose. I'm hesitant b/c 1v1's are pretty nerve-racking for me. I hardly ever do 1v1 ladder games b/c I'm a big pussy apparently :/

damn got canon rushed bad... both toss came up and threw a pylon in my face lol. came from the front! didn't even decide to go backwards!

That's... what she said?

Getting double cannon rushed can be rough :( If you didn't, you should pull a worker or two to chase and kill each enemy probe. If the cannons aren't up yet (or just starting), your own static defense (bunker, spine, cannon) will work well to shut them down. Otherwise pull probes/rush units to kill the cannons or pylons. Don't forget to keep up continuous worker production. Meanwhile your partner(s) should macro hard & apply pressure (not harassment, but attack) no later than like a 3rax-ish timing.

edit:
I did another dual worker rush game in 4v4 tonight XD My friend and I prevented one guy from mining (he ran away from us; we chased him well out of his base) and then put the "hurt" on another player before coming back to kill off the first guy (at the cost of all our or workers). Got like 1 zergling worth of help from our teammates, haha.

We went on to win that game (omg opponents were horrible), w/one player constantly QQing "wtf hax" :D :D Apparently he's gonna study our builds, hahaha. Their team kept smashing me for the first 15 min of the game; at 15 min I only had 11 workers and I was producing nonstop! lol. After that our situation stabilized and I double expanded for some delicious 16rax reaper.

Last edited:

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
i'm gonna try canon rushing... It's gotta be tons of fun... when I got rushed, they literally put a pylon and 1 canon at each expo lol... preventing me to mine for minerals!

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
really?? and it's literaly like mind control from protoss back in SC1? so when he makes a nexus, it literally becomes a zerg nexus?

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
really?? and it's literaly like mind control from protoss back in SC1? so when he makes a nexus, it literally becomes a zerg nexus?

Yea when under control of NP the buldings built etc are under control of the player that used the parasite. It's a PITA with SCV's it's like herding cats.

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
nice! haven't seen that before... gonna try that next time... get some good ol' fashion infestors, and then mind control a probe!

Last edited:

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
nice! haven't seen that before... gonna try that next time... get some good ol' fashion infestors, and then mind control a probe!

protip: make sure you have enough minerals the throw down a nexus when you use the NP as it only lasts like 9 seconds. It's really annoying when you get the NP off on the probe, then have to wait for money, NP wears off and your units AI kills the probe :twisted:

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
wow... I can't believe how powerful MMM's are... though each race has their counter against MMM (colo's and banglings)

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
this thread has fallen to page 4? c'mon guys!

Anyway, this is a really neat tool for analyzing your games (apm, production, spending, hotkey use, etc) & gathering overall game statistics (like win/loss in particular matchups, win/loss with various build orders, etc):
http://sites.google.com/site/sc2gears/home

it's really pretty nifty

s1njin

Apr 11, 2011
Where would a SC2 noob like myself go to get some tips/tactics that are relevant and somewhat easy to follow?

Just figuring out how things work - I play Terran against Toss (vs. computer) on medium difficulty. I can survive the first rush, but I get destroyed while trying to fortify my expansion. I suspect I have to harass the toss early, but I can't seem to find the balance of keeping myself somewhat defended and going after them. Laying back to build up my strength is obviously rooted in failure !