***OFFICIAL*** Ryzen 5000 / Zen 3 Launch Thread REVIEWS BEGIN PAGE 39

Page 70 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
You could go show us where an OEM system with a Zen 3 can be ordered.

Here's one with Ampere that you can order right now :

View attachment 34108

I think you just want to argue, but....

You can find a list of OEM builders here

Here's 2 examples to start you off.

These guys have 6800 and 6800XT options even

I'm guessing in the end your not looking to purchase anyways.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
I think you just want to argue, but....

You can find a list of OEM builders here

Here's 2 examples to start you off.

These guys have 6800 and 6800XT options even

I'm guessing in the end your not looking to purchase anyways.

CyberPowerPC and Maingear hardly qualify compared to HP, Dell, Acer. And none of those links are to systems that are actually available.

There's not a single top 10 OEM on their list at AMDs site.

Meanwhile in the real world :
1605727242941.png
1605727310895.png

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
CyberPowerPC and Maingear hardly qualify compared to HP, Dell, Acer. And none of those links are to systems that are actually available.

There's not a single top 10 OEM on their list at AMDs site.

Meanwhile in the real world :
View attachment 34110
View attachment 34111

Interesting that your second picture with a 3080 says unavailable, lol.

Other than that, nice hard shift in the goal post from, no OEM systems available to only these select OEMs count and my own example has an estimated delivery 3 weeks from today but Zen 3 systems have to be available today.

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
So some guys reading an enthusiast forum got one. The fact remains it is not generally available to the public. The fact that OEMs did not / do not carry it or even allow people to order one for backorder is really all the proof that is needed. It's been two weeks since public availability and it was available widely for about 1 hour. Like I said, that is the de-facto definition of a paper launch.
Saying Zen 3 a paper launch because you can't go buy a Dell prebuilt one is a pretty poor argument given how terrible Dell has historically been at launching AMD CPU lines. How long after Zen 2 launched did it take the major OEMs to start shipping systems?

Reactions: KompuKare and Tlh97

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
Yep....You just want to argue is all. If only we could practice free speech here!

Show me a Zen 3 system that can be ordered and delivered within a month from any of them.

You can't.

The reason AMD hasn't been called out for this marketing stunt is brand loyalists who are ok with these tactics.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
Saying Zen 3 a paper launch because you can't go buy a Dell prebuilt one is a pretty poor argument given how terrible Dell has historically been at launching AMD CPU lines. How long after Zen 2 launched did it take the major OEMs to start shipping systems?

I'm calling it a duck because it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and looks like a duck.

Again, show me an OEM system from any major brand that can be ordered at all. Lenovo? Nope. Dell? Nope. HP? Nope. Acer? Nope. Any solid dates on delivery from those back-tier sub 1% OEMs? Nope.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
Interesting that your second picture with a 3080 says unavailable, lol.

Already stated but here's a reminder :
OEM = 98% of the market.
DIY = 1-2%

Ampere is available via major OEMs (98%) even if it isn't to DIY (2%). Zen 3 is not available in either domain.

Edit: And as I also stated, I consider Ampere to be largely a paper launch too - but it is a lot less of a paper launch than Zen 3.

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
Already stated but here's a reminder :
OEM = 98% of the market.
DIY = 1-2%

Ampere is available via major OEMs (98%) even if it isn't to DIY (2%). Zen 3 is not available in either domain.

Edit: And as I also stated, I consider Ampere to be largely a paper launch too - but it is a lot less of a paper launch than Zen 3.

Great, now redo your percentages for high end gaming computers.

Reactions: Tlh97

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
Great, now redo your percentages for high end gaming computers.

You still haven't shown where a zen 3 based system can be ordered right now.

You want to look those numbers up, look them up yourself.

I went to Maingear's site you linked to and this is the BS I see :

1605729127244.png

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
And here's more anecdotal evidence of how small a number has actually shipped.

4 reviews.

View attachment 34114

22 reviews :
View attachment 34116

A small sample of Ampere :
View attachment 34117

How many are actual verified owners? How many wrote their reviews within the first 2 weeks of the card launching? Briefly looking through the written verified owner reviews, the vast majority of reviews were written several weeks after launch, so this proves absolutely nothing.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
How many are actual verified owners? How many wrote their reviews within the first 2 weeks of the card launching? Briefly looking through the written verified owner reviews, the vast majority of reviews were written several weeks after launch, so this proves absolutely nothing.

So like I said, you are spitballing.

Unverified purchases do not factor into the star rating on Newegg. Read how they get reviews. You are either ignorant or lying, take your pick.

1605729420655.png

1605729481181.png

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012

Unverified purchases do not factor into the star rating on Newegg. Read how they get reviews. You are either ignorant or lying, take your pick.

View attachment 34119

View attachment 34123

Do you know this or are you guessing? Is the filtering just applying to the reviews with comments?

Besides that, the bigger point of my post was timing. So why not look through and see how many review came in within 2 weeks of launch like we are at with Zen3?

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
But, but, I don't want RGB and the case is ugly!

Best bet is just ignore him and maybe he'll either get over it or go away.

Yeah, I'm over it, he can believe whatever he wants. I honestly don't care what he believes, it's just the claim of bias because I disagreed that made me reply so much. He can go argue with GN and HWU if he really believes Ampere supply was better than Zen 3.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
Do you know this or are you guessing? Is the filtering just applying to the reviews with comments?

Besides that, the bigger point of my post was timing. So why not look through and see how many review came in within 2 weeks of launch like we are at with Zen3?

Read the link on how they do their ratings. I filtered for verified purchasers. I don't really care about the Nvidia vs AMD paper launch, as I said I view them both as largely paper launches - but it is obvious that Ampere has much wider maket availability than Zen 3. That is just one card amongst dozens of one sku the 3080 and it as 6X the number of verified purchaser reviews as what is purportedly the most popular of Zen 3's three SKUs.

And that iBuyPower is an estimated delivery date with a buttload of conditionals. Fat chance.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
Yeah, I'm over it, he can believe whatever he wants. I honestly don't care what he believes, it's just the claim of bias because I disagreed that made me reply so much. He can go argue with GN and HWU if he really believes Ampere supply was better than Zen 3.

What I'm showing is plaintively obvious to people who aren't brainwashed with brand loyalty, and for the 3rd time I think Ampere was largely a paper launch too. Zen 3 was simply worse.

And I'm really not stating it for the brainwashed AMD brand loyalists, though I knew they would have something meaningless to say about it.

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
Read the link on how they do their ratings. I filtered for verified purchasers. I don't really care about the Nvidia vs AMD paper launch, as I said I view them both as largely paper launches - but it is obvious that Ampere has much wider maket availability than Zen 3. That is just one card amongst dozens of one sku the 3080 and it as 6X the number of verified purchaser reviews as what is purportedly the most popular of Zen 3's three SKUs.

And that iBuyPower is an estimated delivery date with a buttload of conditionals. Fat chance.

You shift goal posts with almost every reply to justify your view point, that's the last I'll say on this to stop filling the thread with junk.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

I'm just going to ignore him. If he really wanted a rig he'd just find it himself. It's not like you can't order one from BestBuy showing delivery by December 4th. Maybe he just cut's and pastes stuff and doesn't know how to search? Any true enthusiast wouldn't even be purchasing a pre-built rig anyways.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

View attachment 34119

View attachment 34123

54 owners! you've proven how amazing Ampere stock is!

lol, you realize that you are literally the only person on the internet clinging to this fantasy of better Ampere stock over Zen, right?

You've had to pull specious arguments that, having any knowledge of history, you know are completely specious, such as comparing OEM numbers (long disfavorable to AMD, especially in the most recent product cycles), to picking and choosing windows in time at online retailers based on what their gifs say when you screegrab them.

but hey, as long as you are clearly taking all this time to grab screens and make circles and arrows and cherry pick...well, really terrible data for an argument that you simply can't make, at least it keeps you off the streets and out of trouble, I guess? :D