Official Playstation 5 thread

Page 46 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I don't know if I will go back and play other Souls games to be honest. I think I was spoiled by the graphics on Demon's Souls and it might be tough. I also heard there are quite a few QOL changes in PS5 version from the original Souls games so I'm not sure how well that would translate for me to take a step back in that sense.

Oh and that thing called time that I don't have as much of now a days to game.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
Loading times were terrible at launch which is why you see them mentioned all the time in reviews. But they were fine by the time I played it in 2017.

From looking at reviews it's even better. I just tested loading my save in the Hunters Dream and it was under 6 seconds from hitting continue.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I don't know if I will go back and play other Souls games to be honest. I think I was spoiled by the graphics on Demon's Souls and it might be tough. I also heard there are quite a few QOL changes in PS5 version from the original Souls games so I'm not sure how well that would translate for me to take a step back in that sense.

Oh and that thing called time that I don't have as much of now a days to game.

Only step back would be the graphics if you play Dark Souls 1. Bloodborne has some kind of bad frame pacing but the combat still feels really responsive.

On a scale of 0/10, how high do you think you'd rate the Demon's Souls remake? Have my PS5 coming in a week and still can't decide between Miles Morales Ultimate and Demon's Souls, though leaning Spiderman since I played Demon's Souls twice on PS3. Hell, Demon's Souls was the reason I even bought a PS3 though. Crap, I'll probably end up buying them both in my first month of ownership since Ratchet & Clank isn't out until June. Though got my eye on Dragon Quest XI S and just bought Ghost of Tsushima.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Only step back would be the graphics if you play Dark Souls 1. Bloodborne has some kind of bad frame pacing but the combat still feels really responsive.

On a scale of 0/10, how high do you think you'd rate the Demon's Souls remake? Have my PS5 coming in a week and still can't decide between Miles Morales Ultimate and Demon's Souls, though leaning Spiderman since I played Demon's Souls twice on PS3. Hell, Demon's Souls was the reason I even bought a PS3 though. Crap, I'll probably end up buying them both in my first month of ownership since Ratchet & Clank isn't out until June. Though got my eye on Dragon Quest XI S and just bought Ghost of Tsushima.
As someone who had never played a Souls game, I'd give it a 10/10. I loved it and thought it was fantastic.

I also had no interest in Spiderman. Wife got it for me for Xmas and I returned it.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Do you have to enable some sort of coupon or something, because it doesn't work for me?
You may need a linked amex card.

ogMHsR3.png

I just preordered RE8 for $50 too.

krDFPvP.png

Screen_Shot_2021-02-22_at_1.45.54_PM.png

Last edited:

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
Sony just did a PSD drop. Must have been a huge drop since it took a half hour for the disc to go OOS.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Ugh my PS5 was supposed to come in today and left the Dallas area about 3AM. I hope someone at FedEx didn't steal it because it doesn't take 17 hours to get from Dallas to San Antonio and it has never shown up in their tracker in San Antonio yet.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Ugh my PS5 was supposed to come in today and left the Dallas area about 3AM. I hope someone at FedEx didn't steal it because it doesn't take 17 hours to get from Dallas to San Antonio and it has never shown up in their tracker in San Antonio yet.

All the packages I’ve sent to Texas in the last week have had some gnarly delays via UPS and USPS both. I wouldn’t sweat it too much yet.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Yeah I got an Atomiswave shipped to me on Monday from FL to me here in MD and I was shocked it came today considering my last experience shipping a PS5 from MD to AZ that took over 3 weeks, shipped Priority. I've been reading about A LOT of issues with USPS recently, however not FedEx.

But to make you not feel better, the last FedEx package I got was my projector lamp that was $370 and I got a delivery notification however no one ever came here and both of the cameras outside my house could prove that. About 3 hours later someone rang my doorbell and a neighbor a few blocks over said the delivered my package to her house on accident and she was dropping it off. Thankfully I'm in a pretty good neighborhood.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Yeah I got an Atomiswave shipped to me on Monday from FL to me here in MD and I was shocked it came today considering my last experience shipping a PS5 from MD to AZ that took over 3 weeks, shipped Priority. I've been reading about A LOT of issues with USPS recently, however not FedEx.

But to make you not feel better, the last FedEx package I got was my projector lamp that was $370 and I got a delivery notification however no one ever came here and both of the cameras outside my house could prove that. About 3 hours later someone rang my doorbell and a neighbor a few blocks over said the delivered my package to her house on accident and she was dropping it off. Thankfully I'm in a pretty good neighborhood.

FedEx and UPS are completely useless. Missing packages, delivered to the wrong place, dumping a package with signature required without ringing the bell (this happened 2x, 1 UPS, 1 FedEx). I rarely get packages through USPS, but I haven't had an issue with them. Amazon has been good since they have switched to their own delivery people.

I do store pickup whenever possible.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Jesus Christ this thing is enormous. Sadly had to retire and put away my PS3 Fat because I don't have room for two huge consoles on my bedroom TV. Maybe I'll move the PS3 to the living room TV and use it as my main Blu-Ray player from now on. Ended up getting Miles Morales Ultimate Edition and Ghost of Tsushima to christen the new console. Will probably pick up Dragon Quest XI S too, really want to try that series. Hope the State of Play in 30 minutes shows off some really cool stuff. Might have to go out and buy PS Plus for the first time in my life if Kena is one of the included games for March, especially considering Control is one for this month and I'd be interested in giving Monster Hunter a try too since it's included in PS Plus.

Now just waiting for the downloads lol. Man I miss just popping the cartridge into the SNES and playing.

• Haha
Reactions: blckgrffn

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
State of play was awful lol.

I will probably get that Kena game in the summer though.

I was pretty happy to see a free PS5 upgrade for FF VII Remake. So now I can buy the PS4 game for $30 and play it at 60 fps in June when the PS5 version comes out.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Man bought Miles Morales Ultimate Edition first thing after getting my PS5, went to the store to download and only got Miles Morales PS5 out of it and couldn't find anyway to download Spiderman Remastered. Googled how to get it and found out Spiderman Remastered shows up in your game library if you buy Miles Morales Ultimate Edition and I had to go into the Game Library and download from there. Seems to be working now but not very intuitive when on PS4 I was so used to downloading everything from the PS Store. Miles Morales looks pretty freaking impressive in the 60 fps + RT mode though. Still want to play the original first though, but that'll come after Ghost of Tsushima.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
I was pretty happy to see a free PS5 upgrade for FF VII Remake. So now I can buy the PS4 game for $30 and play it at 60 fps in June when the PS5 version comes out.

Yeah that was a surprise that it's free since the rumors were that it was going to be paid. Now it does appear that you don't get much (that might be the reason) and you won't get 60 fps at 4k. I think what they were planning on was that you had to buy the Yuffie DLC to get the PS5 upgrade but decided against it for some reason.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Yeah that was a surprise that it's free since the rumors were that it was going to be paid. Now it does appear that you don't get much (that might be the reason) and you won't get 60 fps at 4k. I think what they were planning on was that you had to buy the Yuffie DLC to get the PS5 upgrade but decided against it for some reason.

Hope it's using dynamic resolution, say rendering at 1800p or even 1440p to get a more stable 60 fps. I could give a crap about straight 2160p if it costs me frames.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010

If you are a PS+ subscriber FF7 Remake is being added for March. They aren't giving you the PS5 upgrade for free though.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
If you are a PS+ subscriber FF7 Remake is being added for March. They aren't giving you the PS5 upgrade for free though.

It's a negative in my book to have that game for PS Plus then, because I have been holding out on playing it until there is a PS5 patch. Just getting in the way of what could have been a game to sell me on getting PS Plus. Oh well, guess I won't subscribe to it now.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Square is also releasing another remake of FF7, but this one is for iOS and Android. Although, given that the FF15 Pocket Edition eventually came to all platforms after an initial release on mobile, it may eventually make its way to consoles too. Anyway, this remake called Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis, and the big difference is that it will have all original FF7 content, which includes the spin-offs such as Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus. What may make this confusing is that it appears to only cover the original content of the games, which means that all changes in FF7R are not included. Of course, it's also graphically weaker, but still looks better than FF15PE. It also appears to have a modified version of the ATB?

The article states that it will come out in pieces, so my guess is that it may not see a non-mobile release until it's all on mobile?

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
It's a negative in my book to have that game for PS Plus then, because I have been holding out on playing it until there is a PS5 patch.

Given that it's about the same if not cheaper to buy a PS+ sub for a year than the game right now I think a lot will just opt for that if they weren't subscribed. But it does give people a reason to buy the game outright if they really want the PS5 features.