Official Playstation 5 thread

Page 45 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Just announced June 11. "Launch window" is kind of big I guess. :)

Wow well that is a coincidence lol.

But yeah, the commercial for PS5 said that game was coming first half of 2021 so not expected it's right at the end of that timeline.

EDIT:

$70 price tag looking normal for PS5 first party titles this gen.

Oh well I will preorder this at BB as soon as it shows up since I have credit there from trading in my X1X.

Last edited:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
If you don’t want to sit there with a can of PlastiDip messing with your PS5, dbrand is now selling replacement plates... and daring Sony to sue them.

I ordered one, but they’re back ordered to May right now.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
If you don’t want to sit there with a can of PlastiDip messing with your PS5, dbrand is now selling replacement plates... and daring Sony to sue them.

I ordered one, but they’re back ordered to May right now.

WTF, they put SARS-COV2 viruses as part of their logos for the interior of the panels. Who wants to be reminded of that?

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Usually don't like buying games full price, but since I just spent $540 on the system and want to see what it can deliver, I'll definitely buy one of either Miles Morales Ultimate Edition or Demon's Souls remake. Not sure which to get though. Even though I'm a huge Souls series fan I'm leaning Miles Morales Ultimate since I played Demon's Souls on PS3 but never played Spiderman on PS4 (sold my copy once I found out PS5 could play it with RT at 60 fps).

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Usually don't like buying games full price, but since I just spent $540 on the system and want to see what it can deliver, I'll definitely buy one of either Miles Morales Ultimate Edition or Demon's Souls remake. Not sure which to get though. Even though I'm a huge Souls series fan I'm leaning Miles Morales Ultimate since I played Demon's Souls on PS3 but never played Spiderman on PS4 (sold my copy once I found out PS5 could play it with RT at 60 fps).
I have both. Miles morales is good but it's short. It runs great in quality mode with ray tracing. Performance mode is there too but I haven't used it much. Demon souls is a lot of fun if you like that genre.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I have both. Miles morales is good but it's short. It runs great in quality mode with ray tracing. Performance mode is there too but I haven't used it much. Demon souls is a lot of fun if you like that genre.

But I'd be getting the version of the game with both Miles Morales and the remaster of the original game, so from howlongtobeat.com it seems I'd be looking at similar length either way.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

That's probably a good thing that you didn't try to keep the Spider-Man copy for the PS4 as the save files are not easily compatible between the two. (You can convert from PS4 to PS5.) Although, keep in mind that you can just buy Spider-Man Remastered separately. So, if you can find a good deal on Miles Morales for PS4 or PS5 (it has a free upgrade for the PS4 version), consider doing that instead. You'll feel better about not paying full price. :p GameFly is selling used copies of Miles Morales right now for $30 for PS4. Although, you could just buy Spider-Man Remastered, spend the dozens upon dozens of hours there and wait for Miles Morales to end up on sale.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
That's probably a good thing that you didn't try to keep the Spider-Man copy for the PS4 as the save files are not easily compatible between the two. (You can convert from PS4 to PS5.) Although, keep in mind that you can just buy Spider-Man Remastered separately. So, if you can find a good deal on Miles Morales for PS4 or PS5 (it has a free upgrade for the PS4 version), consider doing that instead. You'll feel better about not paying full price. :p GameFly is selling used copies of Miles Morales right now for $30 for PS4. Although, you could just buy Spider-Man Remastered, spend the dozens upon dozens of hours there and wait for Miles Morales to end up on sale.

Really? I thought Spiderman Remastered was locked to the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition. I don't see it standalone on the PS Store.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Really? I thought Spiderman Remastered was locked to the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition. I don't see it standalone on the PS Store.

i saw an article that said it’s available separately. Although, I hadn’t read the article, and it also says it’s $40 separately, which makes it rather hard to justify over just buying the Ultimate Edition, which effectively prices it at $20.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
i saw an article that said it’s available separately. Although, I hadn’t read the article, and it also says it’s $40 separately, which makes it rather hard to justify over just buying the Ultimate Edition, which effectively prices it at $20.
That sounds about right from what I remember. You can now buy it separately on ps5 for $40. Previously, you could buy miles morales standard edition and pay $20 for the remastered spiderman or buy the ultimate miles morales edition and get the remaster included.

I've already finished spiderman with most of the side stuff too. I don't know if I would go back and play it again. Only thing I did miss out on is the DLC which is included in the remaster.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

Apparently that was an error, like they weren't supposed to release it standalone yet. It's absolutely not on the PS Store right now and you go to the product page for Spiderman Remastered it looks like an incomplete page with no link to buy. I'm sure you'll be able to buy it standalone later on though when PS5 has more games and Sony isn't trying to force you into the ultimate edition of Miles Morales to get it.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'm still really digging Demon's Souls. I never played a prior Souls game though so I'm guessing it is taking me longer to progress this than someone who has played them before, especially this game. I don't think I would have bothered with this game though if I had played it prior as I don't really play through games multiple times. I have watched comparison videos though and it looks MUCH better on PS5 than prior.

I've finished up archtones 2 and 3 (finished 3 Friday night) and have played almost to the boss of 4-2, and just started 1-4 and haven't started 5-2 yet. So I still have a bit left in the game and other than Astrobot's Playroom, it's the only other game I've played on PS5 since launch.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Finally finished Demon's Souls. What a great game. It definitely felt easier as the game went on and it's probably just because I "got it" more than earlier on. But what a fun and challenging ride it was. It's super rewarding too as you actually feel like you accomplish stuff as you make progress in the game. I was a bit disappointed at how easy some of the bosses felt later on but I'm not sure if it's because of my build or if I was just better at the game, or a bit of both.

I did feel like no matter what items dropped, that nothing was as good as my current setup I was using. I literally used like 1 main weapon the entire game, leveled up as I progressed, and then later just enchanted it with magic. And no other weapon I picked up was close to doing the damage of that setup. Not even some of the very later "special" weapons that you get.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
I am playing Bloodborne now and yes you can see the frame pacing issues people talk about. Loading times are not bad actually, it's only a couple seconds warping in and out of the Hunter's Dream (and reloading when you inevitably die)

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I am playing Bloodborne now and yes you can see the frame pacing issues people talk about. Loading times are not bad actually, it's only a couple seconds warping in and out of the Hunter's Dream (and reloading when you inevitably die)

Loading times were terrible at launch which is why you see them mentioned all the time in reviews. But they were fine by the time I played it in 2017.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Finally finished Demon's Souls. What a great game. It definitely felt easier as the game went on and it's probably just because I "got it" more than earlier on. But what a fun and challenging ride it was. It's super rewarding too as you actually feel like you accomplish stuff as you make progress in the game. I was a bit disappointed at how easy some of the bosses felt later on but I'm not sure if it's because of my build or if I was just better at the game, or a bit of both.

I did feel like no matter what items dropped, that nothing was as good as my current setup I was using. I literally used like 1 main weapon the entire game, leveled up as I progressed, and then later just enchanted it with magic. And no other weapon I picked up was close to doing the damage of that setup. Not even some of the very later "special" weapons that you get.

If you get Bloodborne and play the DLC I promise you will not be complaining about bosses ever getting too easy lol.