Wild speculation, but probably some race conditions in the controller when entering a sleep state in a specific way that is not flushing data to the SSD properly. Should be pretty easy to fix once it is identified, either controller firmware update or driver update. Identify the cause is the hard part, so hopefully they are able to gather enough data to pinpoint it.So, these are the factors that come to mind for me...
With those, I'm wondering if it could have something to do with file access/locking that isn't properly relinquished when going into Rest Mode. The big sticking point for me is that it isn't every game/application that seems to be causing the problem, and it's also not even the PS4 version of the game. It could be more of a bug between the PS5's Rest Mode and/or file system implementation and Spider-Man's PS5-enhanced engine.
- Even though both PS4 and PS5 have the data rebuild, this only happens on the PS5.
- Data rebuild normally happens if the system doesn't shutdown correctly.
- Is it some sort of dirty bit style setup?
- The only reports that I have seen are with two specific games: Spider-Man Remastered and Spider-Man Miles Morales
- The PS4 Spider-Man, which does not have a PS5 patch, does not seem to be causing a problem.
- Miles Morales for the PS4 does have a PS5 patch.