***Official*** OCZ Support Thread part 2

SteveOCZ

Aug 17, 2005
This thread is a continuation of our first support thread for questions, comments, tips, and support about OCZ Products. :)

If you think your OCZ product is faulty please contact me by email. It is the fastest way for us to get your product replaced or to solve the problem through troubleshooting.

If you?re looking for suggested memory timings for your motherboard or memory please check this page on our official support forum. If you can?t find the timings you need feel free to post and we will help you out as best we can.

Post any OCZ related questions you have in this thread. If you need help buying new memory or a new power supply we can help.

Please keep in mind when you're posting that we need your system specifications in order to help you. Motherboard (make, BIOS revision and model), Power supply (make and rated output), Video card, CPU cooling, and if you?re overclocking what settings you are currently running.

TrevorRC

Jan 8, 2006
Sweet. The last one was getting HUGE.
:]

Having 0 problems with my OCZ memory... :)
-T

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I've got my PC4000 XTC running fine @ 200Mhz, but the voltage is ~2.6V. Before I start OC'ing it should I bump it up to 2.75, or wait until it crashes to increase the voltage?

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
You OCZ guys are brilliant.

I don?t see how you can do it as it seems soo much work. I personally couldn?t be bothered even if it were part of my job, but that?s just me and my poor attitude.

:beer::thumbsup::D for you

SteveOCZ

Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Pens1566
I've got my PC4000 XTC running fine @ 200Mhz, but the voltage is ~2.6V. Before I start OC'ing it should I bump it up to 2.75, or wait until it crashes to increase the voltage?

As long as you test with memtest before you go to windows you can raise the voltage as memtest errors start showing up. OTOH it makes sense to just raise the voltage to start and then crank the FSB :)

Amaroque

Platinum Member
Jan 2, 2005
What would you recommend for the system in my signature? I'm looking at getting two 1GB sticks. The Ballistix will go into another system. I'm content with 233 MHz RAM speed. I would like to run 2-2-2 1T 24/7 under a 100% CPU load that is also memory intensive. I cannot have the system crashing while I'm at work. There's nothing worse then coming home after work, to a computer with a BSOD. :(

Currently I have to run 2.5-3-3 to attain 100% 24/7 reliability.

Also, If they aren't up to snuff (above requirements), what is you return policy?

Avalon

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Baenwort
Any new news on the OCZ phase change setup? :)

:thumbsup:

I will gladly throw $250 to OCZ if you can get this product out this year. I want this product for my planned AM2 35w X2 3800+ purchase.

themusgrat

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Avalon
Originally posted by: Baenwort
Any new news on the OCZ phase change setup? :)

:thumbsup:

I will gladly throw $250 to OCZ if you can get this product out this year. I want this product for my planned AM2 35w X2 3800+ purchase.

Yes, 250 would be great. I need to know, if possible, so I can make it a part of my next build. Also, I was going to see about doing a dual Opty board, will the phase setup support 2 procs? And can you take it out of its enclosure?

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Steve,

I've sent you a PM and an e-mail some time ago regarding my PC4200 Platinum, but haven't received any response from you yet. Could you check it out please? You might have missed it. Thanks.

lop

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Originally posted by: SteveOCZ
Originally posted by: Pens1566

As long as you test with memtest before you go to windows you can raise the voltage as memtest errors start showing up. OTOH it makes sense to just raise the voltage to start and then crank the FSB :)

Gracias. As always, good job.

SteveOCZ

Aug 17, 2005
Last I heard the phase change was still on the way. There should be more info at CEBIT :)

Gagan

Mar 6, 2006
Hey ryder
Can you give me the settings for 4 x 1gb Pc3200 2-3-2-5 titanium/platinum ram/

I'd apreciate if I had it in the bios settings format underneat the ipctures if you could do it in PM I'd love you forever!

thanks!

Anyway of getting the board to detect more than 3.93gb btw/

thanks!

SteveOCZ

Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Amaroque
What would you recommend for the system in my signature? I'm looking at getting two 1GB sticks. The Ballistix will go into another system. I'm content with 233 MHz RAM speed. I would like to run 2-2-2 1T 24/7 under a 100% CPU load that is also memory intensive. I cannot have the system crashing while I'm at work. There's nothing worse then coming home after work, to a computer with a BSOD. :(

Currently I have to run 2.5-3-3 to attain 100% 24/7 reliability.

Also, If they aren't up to snuff (above requirements), what is you return policy?

We don't have any 2-2-2 ram that comes in 1GB sticks. The best we've got is the PC3200 plainum 2GB kit which has 2-3-2-5 timings.

When you say up to snuff above reqirements are you talking about overclocking? If you need to return the memory in the first few weeks after you buy you go to the store where you bought them. OCZ doesn't sell memory directly to customers and we only offer RMA's for memory that doesn't work at it's rated speed. Basically we can't give you money back for the memory.

ryderOCZ

Feb 2, 2005
@Gagan,

What board do you want settings for? and under what pictures are you talking about?

Gagan

Mar 6, 2006
THe DFI lanparty Expert SLI DR, where you showed all those screenshots of 3dmarks you have the bios information in text in a little box,

I'd like that format for the best timings for the ram I have.

dijidiji

Feb 12, 2002
SteveOCZ, I recently sent you an e-mail requesting some assistance in RMAing some RAM, but have not yet had a reply. Are you still active, or should I try to contact another rep?

SteveOCZ

Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: dijidiji
SteveOCZ, I recently sent you an e-mail requesting some assistance in RMAing some RAM, but have not yet had a reply. Are you still active, or should I try to contact another rep?

Hey

I've replied to all my emails so let me know if you got a reply or not

Thanks

Jen

Elite Member
Dec 8, 1999
question concerning compatability with this board useing this memory

DFI RS482 Infinity

memory i have is 2 x 1 GB OCZ Performance ( OCZ4002048PFDC-K)

if memory is compatable what is recommended settings for this system?

i am haveing to use the onboard video for now as i havent purchased a video card for the system.

3800+ x2 (stock speed)
scsi drive
dvdrom , dvd burner
ax500 fortron

everything at stock speed , etc

system is unstable at this time ,

hugs

Jen