Official NHL playoffs 2012 thread

Page 63 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Meh, Rutherford should be able to get a nice return package for Semin at the deadline.

that is the nice thing. if he doesnt work out here or they want to get rid of him it may not be a big deal to do so

I don't know why Carolina though - was he that desperate?

Maybe nobody else was offering as high as $7m? I think I heard rumors of 5.5-6. Seemed like he was going to take the highest bidder he could get to stay here. Just geussing on though. /the weather here is sort of nice or something.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
that is the nice thing. if he doesnt work out here or they want to get rid of him it may not be a big deal to do so

Maybe nobody else was offering as high as $7m? I think I heard rumors of 5.5-6. Seemed like he was going to take the highest bidder he could get to stay here. Just geussing on though. /the weather here is sort of nice or something.

Raleigh is a nice town, better than a lot of places he could have ended up. But I doubt he knows that.

He just sold his talents to the highest bidder is all it is. You can be sure about that.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Semin's agent is a piece of work. After the words from his agent came out about him wanting to play a bigger role for the team than he did (inferring Hunter misused him), Semin himself was asked about it and he was like "huh I said that?". Who knows... we may think Semin is greedy from the outside looking in, but his agent has one job to do and he did it with this contract.

Meh, Rutherford should be able to get a nice return package for Semin at the deadline.

Semin will get at least 20 goals. You don't think they're going to make the playoffs? He just spent $7mil. on 1 player, to get as far as they can - doubt they will abort.

Last edited:

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Semin's agent is a piece of work. After the words from his agent came out about him wanting to play a bigger role for the team than he did (inferring Hunter misused him), Semin himself was asked about it and he was like "huh I said that?". Who knows... we may think Semin is greedy from the outside looking in, but his agent has one job to do and he did it with this contract.

Semin will get at least 20 goals. You don't think they're going to make the playoffs? He just spent $7mil. on 1 player, to get as far as they can - doubt they will abort.

they wouldnt abort the last 3 years when making the playoffs was a loooong shot, at the very best.

Wordplay

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2010
I'm happy the Wings didn't get another lazy player.

But today according to Aaron Ward Detroit is out of the running for Doan. :(

One injury to either Flip, Z, or D can cause the Wings to miss the playoffs this year IMO.

ApexBoost

May 5, 2011
Injury or not, the Wings will definitely be missing the playoffs this year.

Book it!

I don't really see that happening, if our young guys perform and we nab a depth defenseman we'll be alright. It won't be a record breaking season but I think we're still plenty good enough to make a 6th seed. If we tank, I hope we tank hard and get a high pick for next years draft.

I just hope there is hockey come October to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
I don't really see that happening, if our young guys perform and we nab a depth defenseman we'll be alright. It won't be a record breaking season but I think we're still plenty good enough to make a 6th seed. If we tank, I hope we tank hard and get a high pick for next years draft.

I just hope there is hockey come October to be honest.

I'd put a decent amount of money on it

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
The lockout probably deserves its own thread, but since I didn't see one...

I don't really even care anymore. They can stay locked out forever. If it wasn't for the fact that a lot of blue collars jobs are going to be affected I would even be happy. Even if they do manage to save part of the season, I doubt I will be coming back.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
not surprised. kinda lean towards being annoyed with the owners more, but the players and fehr did a completely horrible job of negotiating and after a couple of rounds of that i half expected a lockout to ensue

sucks, i was sort of looking forward to the hurricanes this year. shame the affiliate team is so far away from me, else id at least go watch them.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
The lockout worked SO well for the NHL last time. Can't believe they're doing this crap again.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I was convinced they wouldn't be dumbasses enough to go to a lockout again. I've underestimated their dumbassity.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Don't worry yet boys, once the lockout starts to affect the possibility of this year's Winter Classic though.. then start to worry.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
A lockout was inevitable. And I wouldn't expect the owners to give in quickly - most teams lose money on regular season games.

I just hope they come up with a compromise that allows most of the teams to become profitable. And I hope the Devils-Wild game doesn't get cancelled.

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
The lockout probably deserves its own thread, but since I didn't see one...

I don't really even care anymore. They can stay locked out forever. If it wasn't for the fact that a lot of blue collars jobs are going to be affected I would even be happy. Even if they do manage to save part of the season, I doubt I will be coming back.

Alot of fans share your view. I think the owners are out of touch. The fanbase was just coming back, from the last lockout...now this is what? The 4th one in 20 years? Just dumb...

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
PA (players) are retarded.

Don't get me wrong, the NHL and owners are greedy as eff, but ultimately they pay the cheques.

The fact Fehr and the players think they can just hold out forever and expect the owners to completely bow to their wishes is just hilarious.

At least the NHL lowered their offers a lot. Players pretty much haven't much at all.

Tough to negotiate when only one side is really negotiating.

I really don't care; i just want hockey back...