Official ICS & Galaxy Nexus Launch Thread

Page 116 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

basslover1

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
No the rocker works. I was saying I thought you could slide the dot with your finger to the left to get it to silent. Or press the icon on the left. These things were not working for me but I just tried and now they are. Weird.

I can slide the dot to the left and get vibrate, but another push down on the rocker puts it on silent.

I have the i9250 Nexus with Google Wallet installed on the Modaco rom, used to be on prepaid I can use Google Wallet, but now it states under USER ID: Cannot Contact Bank. After the security issue with Google it worked once or twice, but now has failed to work again. Anybody else experience this?

I used it last night for the first time at a gas station, worked just fine. I'm using a Gnex from the Play store on T-mobile.

tdawg

Platinum Member
May 18, 2001
I noticed this past week that the camera on my GNex (Verizon) is recording incorrect date information for photos. It's recording dates 3-6 days into the future and not consecutively. I noticed this in the Gallery app, so maybe it's a bug there, but pictures I took in order are out of order with completely different dates when I sort by time taken in the gallery.

Anybody else seeing this with their camera? I also got a "can't connect to camera" error on a couple of occasions and multiple camera lockups during the past week. First time it's happened, but almost resulted in me throwing the phone off the cliff into the pacific ocean (I expect basic, built-in functions to work every time; I don't think that's unreasonable).

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
I noticed this past week that the camera on my GNex (Verizon) is recording incorrect date information for photos. It's recording dates 3-6 days into the future and not consecutively. I noticed this in the Gallery app, so maybe it's a bug there, but pictures I took in order are out of order with completely different dates when I sort by time taken in the gallery.

Anybody else seeing this with their camera? I also got a "can't connect to camera" error on a couple of occasions and multiple camera lockups during the past week. First time it's happened, but almost resulted in me throwing the phone off the cliff into the pacific ocean (I expect basic, built-in functions to work every time; I don't think that's unreasonable).

Take it to Verizon to see what they do. I think your camera is failing/starting to die?

basslover1

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004

It's funny you mention this as I just had this experience the other day. I was taking a bunch of pictures at once (like 80) for a project and a few of them are out of order. I just checked the date stamp and the out of order once have the following date tagged on them.

I've had the camera connection issue only once, and it also coincided with the pictures taken in my previous paragraph. Someone else was taking the pictures for me and when finished I noticed he didn't hit the home button just locked the screen. I went back because I needed to snap a few more and I got that error. Rebooting the phone fixed it and I haven't had a problem since.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Anyone get skype video chat to work with the front facing camera on the nexus or is it hopeless since I've read other forum threads about it being a problem for months now?

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
I believe the date stamp issue can be fixed by turning off location tagging.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Anyone get skype video chat to work with the front facing camera on the nexus or is it hopeless since I've read other forum threads about it being a problem for months now?

Have no problems skying with either camera, actually you can even flip them mid-call.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Yeah, tried updating my takju yesterday for an hour. Stopped the google framework service and went back to 1969 like 20 times, no dice. Gave up and installed a custom 4.1.2 rom.

basslover1

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
Yeah, tried updating my takju yesterday for an hour. Stopped the google framework service and went back to 1969 like 20 times, no dice. Gave up and installed a custom 4.1.2 rom.

I tried it a few times earlier, but it always borks my push notifications so I don't bother doing that anymore.