**OFFICIAL HALF LIFE 2 THREAD** - KEEP ALL THE HALF LIFE CHATTER IN HERE GUYS!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Wait, isnt it weird that the top portion of the "goes on sale" is cut off. I think they're talking about the magazine with a HL2 article. :-/

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
9/1/04 Steam bandwidth doubled recently!

Steam's bandwidth doubled today, looks like Valve is gearing up for something. HL2 gold this friday? ;)

Hrrrmmm....

gururu

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
HL2 is not going to change the world. But if it does , I'll be too busy playing to realize it.

NJDevil

Jun 10, 2002
grrr, I don't want to have to bring my desktop to school til winter ... but this is too tempting.

imported_Salvatore

Jul 9, 2004
Originally posted by: warcrow
Wait, isnt it weird that the top portion of the "goes on sale" is cut off. I think they're talking about the magazine with a HL2 article. :-/

Exactly what I was thinking, because "Its Done!" is not exactly good marketing. It sounds pushy and aggressive, like they're mad at consumers, and doesn't make me want to buy the game. Sept.22 is probably the date of release for the mag with a HL2 article in it. All magazines have pages where it shows what's going to be in the next issue and when it will hit newstands.

imported_chrisbtx

Jun 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Salvatore
Originally posted by: warcrow

Exactly what I was thinking, because "Its Done!" is not exactly good marketing. It sounds pushy and aggressive, like they're mad at consumers, and doesn't make me want to buy the game. Sept.22 is probably the date of release for the mag with a HL2 article in it. All magazines have pages where it shows what's going to be in the next issue and when it will hit newstands.

That magazine ad looks fake to me... the "It's Done!" just doesn't fit with the page. It's not correctly centered with regards to the rest of the ad, the letters don't curve to conform with the page, and the actual page has shine on it from the flash whereas all of the letters have the exact same color/shine/glare.

Eh, whatever... I just felt like being one of those people today....

Edit: AND I don't think that Valve would let an ad with bad grammar be released (should be It's instead of Its)....

Slogun

Platinum Member
Jul 4, 2001
Well I dunno, but warcrow usually digs up some good early info.
Some say "I won't believe it till warcrow posts it.":)

imported_Salvatore

Jul 9, 2004
Edit: AND I don't think that Valve would let an ad with bad grammar be released (should be It's instead of Its)....

I could have SWORN I put that in my post. Damn.

imported_chrisbtx

Jun 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Salvatore

I could have SWORN I put that in my post. Damn.

lol

I thought you were being a smart@$$, so I felt bad about repeating someone, then I looked at your post again and saw that you were being serious... I feel better again. lol :beer:

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Slogun
Well I dunno, but warcrow usually digs up some good early info.
Some say "I won't believe it till warcrow posts it.":)

But even I'm skeptic about this, really. Hell, atleast it gives us HL fans something to talk about. :p

klah

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2002
The HL2 sounds are now available for preloading.

base source shared sounds.gcf
Size: 972 MB (1,019,383,208 bytes)

Reliant

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Originally posted by: klah
The HL2 sounds are now available for preloading.

base source shared sounds.gcf
Size: 972 MB (1,019,383,208 bytes)

Yep, 2nd phase of the pre-load is on!!!!! This is good news!

imported_chrisbtx

Jun 8, 2004
So that puts HL2 to at least 3 cds so far? I'm sure it can't get too much larger (am I?)... 5 cd's is what I'm betting.

Edit: warcrow must be busy trying to play the WoW stress test... c'mon man! You're falling behind! :beer:

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I hope it comes with another game or two. My first experience with HL1 was the Platinum Box with HL, CS, TFC, and a couple of other good SP games. I loved the MP, TFC is still addictive.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: chrisbtx
So that puts HL2 to at least 3 cds so far? I'm sure it can't get too much larger (am I?)... 5 cd's is what I'm betting.

Edit: warcrow must be busy trying to play the WoW stress test... c'mon man! You're falling behind! :beer:

Doh! You know me well, I was in the stress. Damn, what a cool game! Oh, abd BTW, HL2 will be 4 CDs, this has been verified.