**OFFICIAL HALF LIFE 2 THREAD** - KEEP ALL THE HALF LIFE CHATTER IN HERE GUYS!!

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_chrisbtx

Jun 8, 2004
Does anyone know of a certain day of the week that the packages are supposed to be available for "pre-order" from VU? I decided a hat and posters is too much for me, so I'm going to just go with the el-cheapo package so I can have CS: Source and Half Life 2... those are all I really care about ;)

imported_chrisbtx

Jun 8, 2004
I think I phrased my question wrong. The packages that are going to be available through steam (Bronze, Silver, and Gold, I believe) are the one's I'm asking about... not the retail version. I'm just curious if anyone knows when this week they are going to be available. I'm guessing Friday, considering the fact that they like to make us wait as much as possible. Thanks for any help!

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
I don't know when you will be able to ORDER them, nor when you'll be able to get the extras, but the game itself will be "released" on steam the same day it is released in hard copy form.

pennylane

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2002
What version of the game do I get with the coupon from the Radeon 9600/9800 cards? (At least from like... January)

EDIT: Found it in General Hardware. It's the Bronze, with the ability abiity to upgrade to Silver/Gold (for additional cost).

Linky

Any guesses on how much upgrading from Bronze to say Silver or something would be?

Apr 26, 2004
I heard a rumor that CS: Source will be released soon, like even this week maybe, as it isn't under VU's lil dilla. Has anyone else heard of this?

Apr 26, 2004
It's Half-Life 1.. ported into the source engine. Though from what I've seen, it isn't as extensive as the CS changes. HL1 was cool, I played it through more than once, but a mild gfx makeover isn't gonna make me shell out more for it.. My 2bits

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: sjaxkingpin
It's Half-Life 1.. ported into the source engine. Though from what I've seen, it isn't as extensive as the CS changes. HL1 was cool, I played it through more than once, but a mild gfx makeover isn't gonna make me shell out more for it.. My 2bits

Cool.. I bought HL a long time ago to get C-S, but never bothered playing the game. :)

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: fanerman91
What version of the game do I get with the coupon from the Radeon 9600/9800 cards? (At least from like... January)

EDIT: Found it in General Hardware. It's the Bronze, with the ability abiity to upgrade to Silver/Gold (for additional cost).

Linky

Any guesses on how much upgrading from Bronze to say Silver or something would be?

IMO, that totally sucks. You've had to hold on to that voucher for how long? I'd be making a call and filing a complaint.

Wouldn't help, but I'd do it.

MemberSince97

Jun 20, 2003
Wellmmh I got HL2 sitting on my disk , just sitting on my disk . WTF already let me unlock it Valva.............This is BS

MemberSince97

Jun 20, 2003
It's Valves fault too for letting us Dl'd it and going all the way , unless its within the next few days..........

pennylane

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2002
Originally posted by: bamacre
Originally posted by: fanerman91

Linky

IMO, that totally sucks. You've had to hold on to that voucher for how long? I'd be making a call and filing a complaint.

Wouldn't help, but I'd do it.

It's not a big deal. My vid card died on me in January so I needed a new one fast. Since the 9600 came with HL2... I figured I might as well get that one.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
so how long until we can purchase the packages on steam and start d/ling CS1: Source. any ideas?

MIKE

imported_Salvatore

Jul 9, 2004
Silver sounds appetizing...but I really want a box, manual, and jewel case. I'm torn. But, of course, I need a new rig before I buy it, and that's not going to happen. Maybe I'll just buy a copy of HL2 when it comes out and play it in 4 years when I get a new rig.

jrphoenix

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2004
I'm debating.... get Silver or Gold package or wait for special retail edition. The special edition doesn't have day of defeat?

Is that game any good???? I played HL1 a long time ago but, none of the mods. Are you guys going for a box and disc or going to download???

Warcrow... When they un-ban you... Update your thread with a poll on if you are going retail / download, I'm interested!!!!