**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 90 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
stupid question -- is there a way to transfer items from one character to another?

yes, you can trade like in WoW, and also drop and let pick up.
For trade, just right-click on the player icon on the screen, select trade and then put the item in the smaller thingy to the left when the trade screen comes up.

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
If you got a friend, you could also find a place in a map to stash stuff and then rejoin as well, if stash was full.

On another note, any experienced d2 players in the 30ish or maybe starting a new char category that wants to team up on a regular basis? Add me. fallengod#1475

I want to play with some fun, experienced, mature players.

Last edited:

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
that brings back memories of diablo1!!!

The stash is shared across the account though

Yes I know. But, if you havnt paid the 50k gold or whatever it is to make it larger(you can buy tabs too for 100k), its possible you could run out of room.

I have already been transfering stuff(starter grear etc) for other classes so when I start new classes I have an easier time. My stash is already full and I already bought the full page of it already. I could see it happening easily. Especially if you had stuff you needed to hold for selling or trading, etc...It has to get stored somewhere.

chronochime

Feb 29, 2012
I figured I should ask this question again in the D3 thread.

Anyone running a 4870 1G with something similar to e8400 oc'd to 3.7Ghz? How is the game with this setup? I currently have 4G of Ram(slightly oc'd) I want to know if I need to get a better GPU to play this game at 1080p in co-op and the inevitable mobs of enemies with bunch of spells/stuff happening.

Thanks.

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008

Anyone running a 4870 1G with something similar to e8400 oc'd to 3.7Ghz? How is the game with this setup? I currently have 4G of Ram(slightly oc'd) I want to know if I need to get a better GPU to play this game at 1080p in co-op and the inevitable mobs of enemies with bunch of spells/stuff happening.

Thanks.

running D3 with E8500 @ 4.05GHz, 4870 512, and 1680*1050 resolution

it plays very well for me at the default settings that the game started up with

image host

I even decided to record with FRAPS and the framerate usually stays at 30 FPS (set rate that I have FRAPS recording at)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k07bgK2PwA

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
What's the point of not allowing "bad" words in names when the game is already rated M? Apparently I'm not allowed to use the word "butt", like that would somehow be offensive to people 17+ playing a game like this.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003

Thanks.

It should look pretty good on that setup. Can you max it out? Maybe not. But I wouldn't run out and upgrade without trying it first. You can always upgrade post-Diablo3-purchase :)

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
Quick question. I just started playing, and I'm trying out the monk. It says that I have the skill "fists of thunder" equipped in the LMB slot. If I'm holding a sword and attack with the LMB, am I still using that skill? It says it uses spirit but it doesn't seem to go down at all.

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Pro D3 tip:

Enable 'Elective Mode' in gameplay options menu.

This allows you to equip any skill to any slot. IE: You can bind multiple primary skills, defensive skills, etc..... :)

GG

Dominato3r

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2008
Quick question. I just started playing, and I'm trying out the monk. It says that I have the skill "fists of thunder" equipped in the LMB slot. If I'm holding a sword and attack with the LMB, am I still using that skill? It says it uses spirit but it doesn't seem to go down at all.

You should be. There's essentially no "auto-attack" in this game

Farmer

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2003
The thing I don't understand about using the monk character is, whenever you use an ability as your primary attack, your weapon is sheathed in the game animation.

So does it even matter what weapon you use? The stats suggest yes. The animation suggests no.

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
The thing I don't understand about using the monk character is, whenever you use an ability as your primary attack, your weapon is sheathed in the game animation.

So does it even matter what weapon you use? The stats suggest yes. The animation suggests no.

This game is a little different from traditional arpg's. Only the DPS matters, it doesnt matter what weapon you have, you arnt using the weapon itself, youre using your abilities.

You can be Wizard with a sword, dagger, axe, wand, staff, whatever, it does not matter. What matters is the damage on them, thus higher dmg is better regardless of weapon type in melee or whatnot.

And no, there is no normal attack for characters until you run out of mana, power, or whatever energy orb the character uses. Only then will they use their handed weapon.

Like a Thai hooker, hard and fast.

Whoa, I wouldnt know.

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
Just played with a guest pass. My 5 year old 8800GTS 320mb is running the game great. So much so that I'm buying the full version. Man, my wrist feaking hurts. Forgot about all the damn clicking.

Farmer

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2003
This game is a little different from traditional arpg's. Only the DPS matters, it doesnt matter what weapon you have, you arnt using the weapon itself, youre using your abilities.

You can be Wizard with a sword, dagger, axe, wand, staff, whatever, it does not matter. What matters is the damage on them, thus higher dmg is better regardless of weapon type in melee or whatnot.

And no, there is no normal attack for characters until you run out of mana, power, or whatever energy orb the character uses. Only then will they use their handed weapon.

Whoa, I wouldnt know.

Ah I see.

So in D2, weapons showed Damage Per Hit and Attack Speed. Combining these two gets base DPS before any boosting from skills.

In D3, I see that weapons only show DPS. Which means, if a weapon has increased attack speed, then the additional damage has already been factored into the DPS displayed?

So we'll always go for weapons with higher DPS, other buffs aside.

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
As far as hardware, I'm playing on a three year old laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Q9000 at 2GHz, and 6GB of RAM. Game is running fine for me.