**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 432 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
There are NOT dozens of builds for each class in D3. I don't know how anyone could be arguing that point at this juncture; even at mp0 there are maybe 3 builds TOPS for each class. There were more viable builds for one CLASS of character in D2 than there are for ALL classes combined in D3.

Barb has 2 main builds each with variations: WW with war cry, rend or overpower killing spree. HOTA has similar builds. Those are all end game builds. Now for just para leveling, there are numerous builds. That is just one class and it has 6 end game builds.

Monks have quite a few viable builds as well. Simply because you don't know the builds, doesn't mean they don't exist. The WD zombie dogs build is another example of unconventional metagaming.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
So I haven't played in about 6 or 7 months, can someone give me a quick run down of what has changed? I have a level 44 wizard.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I agree that there are quite a few builds now for all classes but mostly because of difficulty changes they made for the MP system. To a lesser extent the gear creep from the increased drops also helped. Once they reduced the damage and health of Act2+ monsters on MP0-2 they made other builds viable which is what they wanted to accomplish.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Well, confirmed there are item dupes. Quite a few items with identical stats in AH and if you look the item up in Diablo Progress, like 5+ people have the same item. Lol. Sell you high end gear now guys, before the market tanks.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Well, confirmed there are item dupes. Quite a few items with identical stats in AH and if you look the item up in Diablo Progress, like 5+ people have the same item. Lol. Sell you high end gear now guys, before the market tanks.

You're a few months too late on this :)

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Like I said they've had dupes on both the gold and rmah for months. Every now and then you could find people stupid enough to list the same item multiple times but generally it was one at a time. Once it would sell on the AH they'd put another one up. You could track BIS items on diabloprogress as they started to tally up. I assume that's why the gem dupes were such hit since you could put up hundreds.

People just need to accept that fact that it happens constantly. Blizzard already stated that they won't do anything about it once it hits the auction house. They're not going to take away items that other players purchase. They do what they can before it happens but it really isn't enough. Besides, every time people pay $250 for that top tier item blizzard makes another $37.50 + whatever is left over from paypal fees. I highly doubt paypal takes 15% of each purchase.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
This is real item dupes. Tangible dupes that you can find on the AH.

Not really a recent thing though, there's been a lot of threads on the bnet forums, with links to the player profiles. One guy linked 6 or 7 profiles with the same ammy a few weeks ago.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Looks like the new patch might hit tomorrow?

Announcement for 2 hours downtown 5am-7am PST tomorrow (I think).

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Looks like the new patch might hit tomorrow?

Announcement for 2 hours downtown 5am-7am PST tomorrow (I think).

Standard downtime every Tuesday. If it was the actual big patch day they'd say longer downtimes. Because anyone who has played WoW knows patch days are the days Blizzard fucks up their server install every time for the past 8 years.
Not really a recent thing though, there's been a lot of threads on the bnet forums, with links to the player profiles. One guy linked 6 or 7 profiles with the same ammy a few weeks ago.
Thing is though must of the previous dupes were from rollbacks. With gems, it was easy to have a stack of them and get another stack from rollback. This is way more widespread duping with their being, not only high tier items, but mid and low tier items being duped 4, 5, and more times.

Thinking about the actual effects of this don't seem to hurt poor players nearly as much as rich players. The availability of the top end gear (I saw 4 identical almost perfect str mempo's in the gold AH for less than 2 bil) will make it to the masses. That should put most people on even ground.

Last edited:

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
I wonder how Blizzard is planning on handling people who dupe. Because of the RMAH, this is no longer just an item being duped, it is essentially a theft of something with monetary value. Do they actually take legal action against dupers now?

I wonder how other games with real money items have handled this.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
I wonder how Blizzard is planning on handling people who dupe. Because of the RMAH, this is no longer just an item being duped, it is essentially a theft of something with monetary value. Do they actually take legal action against dupers now?

I wonder how other games with real money items have handled this.

They do not care about your money. All items belong to them and they can do with them as they see fit. They messed with IAS modification after people spent real money on items.

There have been people who have lost money totally through selling items on the RMAH and the AH glitching and them never receiving money.

Blizzard does not care about your money, just theirs.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
They do not care about your money. All items belong to them and they can do with them as they see fit. They messed with IAS modification after people spent real money on items.

There have been people who have lost money totally through selling items on the RMAH and the AH glitching and them never receiving money.

Yeah, I see your point. Also, dupers aren't really stealing from blizz, they still get their cut if it sells on the ah.

I guess it will lower the value of the item, but probably not enough to warrant taking legal action.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Wrong about what? Distributing stats? You mean the current default autostat distribution is not retarded?

Making uninformed decisions that you can't undo later because you didn't know whether there's a different builds for a single class that might rely on different stats, or whether you need different stats for pvp, and then having to respend 20 hours to rebuild your character into a "correct" build because you don't do 5-6 hours of research before playing a GAME?

Yeah, that's pretty fucking retarded. Not everybody has 12 hours to game every day.

waterjug

Jan 21, 2012
Making uninformed decisions that you can't undo later because you didn't know whether there's a different builds for a single class that might rely on different stats, or whether you need different stats for pvp, and then having to respend 20 hours to rebuild your character into a "correct" build because you don't do 5-6 hours of research before playing a GAME?

Yeah, that's pretty fucking retarded. Not everybody has 12 hours to game every day.

5-6 hours of research? Try 15 minutes. And like I said, make it so that when you hit lvl 60 you can have a one-time full redistribution of stats. Fixed.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Try 15 minutes.

nope. Just looking up various builds for a ww barb for the first time and reading opinions would take more than 15 minutes. Not to mention if you're looking up stuff for the very first time, you'd be asking yourself "what's a ww barb? what's whirlwind?"

Unless you're rainman, in which case what are you doing playing games?

Note: even if you're at lvl 60 there's no guarantee that you'd know what stats to pick and what skill to use considering for most games, end game content starts at the max level. Refer back to my earlier point: people like options. The lack of options is an artificial timesink and is an antiquated design that is not needed, hence the respec mod being the most popular one in TL2. Having to lvl up another engineer because your weapon sucks? Yeah I REALLY want to do that. :rolleyes:

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
5-6 hours of research? Try 15 minutes. And like I said, make it so that when you hit lvl 60 you can have a one-time full redistribution of stats. Fixed.

so how much vitality do you need to survive mp10? how much dps to beat the enrage timers? if you can figure this out without going through spreadsheets, then i will believe you.

and once you lock yourself into those numbers to survive mp10, what do you do when you want to play in mp0? just stick with it? wheres the flexibility?

badb0y

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2010
nope. Just looking up various builds for a ww barb for the first time and reading opinions would take more than 15 minutes. Not to mention if you're looking up stuff for the very first time, you'd be asking yourself "what's a ww barb? what's whirlwind?"

Unless you're rainman, in which case what are you doing playing games?

Note: even if you're at lvl 60 there's no guarantee that you'd know what stats to pick and what skill to use considering for most games, end game content starts at the max level. Refer back to my earlier point: people like options. The lack of options is an artificial timesink and is an antiquated design that is not needed, hence the respec mod being the most popular one in TL2. Having to lvl up another engineer because your weapon sucks? Yeah I REALLY want to do that. :rolleyes:

Or you can have a respec option but something that doesn't allow you to keep respeccing on the fly like in WoW.

I never heard anyone complain about a games inclusion of a stat distribution system before. As it stands now every barb is the same, every Wizard is the same etc. The only thing that separates us is gear.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008

Blizzard as stated they won't punish players who purchase duped items or delete said items after players have purchased them.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Blizzard as stated they won't punish players who purchase duped items or delete said items after players have purchased them.

1. No problem, players may or may not have known it was duped

2. Bullshit, delete the item, give the player the gold/money back.

Seriously, do they care about duping or not?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
1. No problem, players may or may not have known it was duped

2. Bullshit, delete the item, give the player the gold/money back.

Seriously, do they care about duping or not?

Deleting the item punishes players who might not have known the item was duped. Just fix the dupe, ban the dupers, and call it a day.