**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 405 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Anyone interested in this?

thetormentor.png

not too popular on the AH

Finally sold for 100k... :\

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea i've been vendoring 99.9% of my legendary items....it sucks now
however it's never been easier to gear up for cheap!

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Finally sold for 100k... :\

I think I sold mine for about 100k, except it had 300+ int and 200+ vit. I first listed it for a few hundred thousand bid, 1 million buyout with no grabs. Probably could have gotten $300k-ish if I tried harder.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
dayum I have like a 20:1 legendary:set ratio, maybe higher. Almost never get set items. Not all set items are good though either.

yea, some people get crazy loot drops, some of us (me) get shit. Of course, I don't play 8 hours a day either.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Well, I'm an idiot (not like I doubted that previously;))...

I blew about 5 million gold to get an Inna's <helm> because Inna's pants just dropped for my DH. I was going to replace my Depth Diggers (pants) and Andariel's Visage (helm), even did the math to see if the change would be worth it. It was, so I bought everything plus 2 emeralds... Time to equip?

Nope, the helm is class restricted to monks only. Woops.

Oct 20, 2005

I blew about 5 million gold to get an Inna's <helm> because Inna's pants just dropped for my DH. I was going to replace my Depth Diggers (pants) and Andariel's Visage (helm), even did the math to see if the change would be worth it. It was, so I bought everything plus 2 emeralds... Time to equip?

Well, at least you can always sell it back on the AH and recoup your costs....or even make some profit!

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I had the hardest time selling inna's helm. No matter how good the stats are it just seems like there's not enough monks playing, which probably explains the dirt cheap price.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I had the hardest time selling inna's helm. No matter how good the stats are it just seems like there's not enough monks playing, which probably explains the dirt cheap price.

I agree.

But I think that the worst case is that of the Witch Doctors... I just don't see them around anymore. The few friends I have on my friends list whom happened to play a WD did so prior to 1.05 (and even back then they didn't play often), and now they're either playing a DH, a Wizard, a Barbarian... or they're just not playing D3 anymore.

I can't recall the name of the set but I recently found a set chest armor for the WD (Zunimassa I think is the name?). It had good stats and three sockets... say similar to the IK armor would be for a Barb. Well that WD chest armor is their own IK armor if you will. So anyway I checked the AH, compared the one I found with those of similar stats... I was shocked to see buyout prices as low as the 200k range, even though that chest armor for them is about as good as the IK chest would be for a Barb.

If the WD players are still out there playing Inferno then they have to be a very thin minority and the others are probably gone from D3 altogether, or they're casual players whom are content to just farm Hell occasionally and don't need "good items". It's so bad in fact that I actually avoid most WD items, even Rares... I just leave them on the ground most of the time unless I know it could fetch me some extra Gold (more than at a Vendor that is).

Really, all I see around are Demon Hunters (they're just everywhere), Barbarians (certainly more than prior to 1.05) and Wizards (about as many as before, hasn't changed much). The Monks are not common but I wouldn't say rare, maybe they need to be geared very nicely to perform well enough in Inferno, but I'm not sure about that one. I just know that as far as Barbarians are concerned (and maybe Wizards) they can gear up for cheap and perform well until around Inferno MP4, and from MP5 you might want to start considering those more expensive bonuses like LoH, extra Attack Speed, Crit Hit Damage and Chances, et cetera.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
the whole paragon thing completely destroyed the game.
nobody is buying gear for any other classes except the main that they are leveling up now.
everyone is stuck playing one class as it's not worth it to play the others are you won't get the MF/stat bonuses.

i hope they come to their senses and make paragon account wide.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
the whole paragon thing completely destroyed the game.
nobody is buying gear for any other classes except the main that they are leveling up now.
everyone is stuck playing one class as it's not worth it to play the others are you won't get the MF/stat bonuses.

I agree to this.

I have a Lvl 60 Monk, Wizard and Demon Hunter, but I prefer the Barbarian class. With this said I would have played some of my Monk, Wizard and DH had it not been for the fact that only my preferred toon happens to level up in Paragon and not the others. And, I'm sure like many others out there I have other things to attend to in life such as work... I don't have that much time to dedicate to ALL my characters to level up their Paragon.

The Paragon idea itself did not "destroy the game" though, that's a bit too far. They only need to make it account-wide and suddenly it's a good idea again. Well, it IS a good idea... the problem is it only applies to one character, the one you prefer to play or rather the one you have time to play with (or both, I guess).

I think that on the other hand Blizzard's idea behind making Paragon leveling character-specific was because they believed (probably, that's what I think) that we the players would be compelled to Paragon-level up ALL of their characters. That could be because... well you know... "the game is so good and we are Blizzard, therefor our ideas are great, and they're going to do that with all their characters, indeed because idea being so damn genius we can't believe it ourselves"... or something along the lines.

Ok... slight exaggeration. But anyway, point being that I'm sure Blizzard made it character-specific on purpose, and actually did consider to make it account-wide but eventually changed their mind, thinking that it would contain more players in the game, so that they'd be compelled to play it longer (because they'd need to Paragon up levels on multiple characters).

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
They probably figure that people will be playing the game for another decade, like d2. That's plenty of time to get a couple chars up to 100 pl.

The amount of time i played d2 casually over the years I was able to get each class up to at least lvl 90 without getting bored or ignoring my family too much. The only thing that sucked is when a ladder reset came I had to play them in non ladder.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
I agree.

But I think that the worst case is that of the Witch Doctors... I just don't see them around anymore. The few friends I have on my friends list whom happened to play a WD did so prior to 1.05 (and even back then they didn't play often), and now they're either playing a DH, a Wizard, a Barbarian... or they're just not playing D3 anymore.

I can't recall the name of the set but I recently found a set chest armor for the WD (Zunimassa I think is the name?). It had good stats and three sockets... say similar to the IK armor would be for a Barb. Well that WD chest armor is their own IK armor if you will. So anyway I checked the AH, compared the one I found with those of similar stats... I was shocked to see buyout prices as low as the 200k range, even though that chest armor for them is about as good as the IK chest would be for a Barb.

If the WD players are still out there playing Inferno then they have to be a very thin minority and the others are probably gone from D3 altogether, or they're casual players whom are content to just farm Hell occasionally and don't need "good items". It's so bad in fact that I actually avoid most WD items, even Rares... I just leave them on the ground most of the time unless I know it could fetch me some extra Gold (more than at a Vendor that is).

Really, all I see around are Demon Hunters (they're just everywhere), Barbarians (certainly more than prior to 1.05) and Wizards (about as many as before, hasn't changed much). The Monks are not common but I wouldn't say rare, maybe they need to be geared very nicely to perform well enough in Inferno, but I'm not sure about that one. I just know that as far as Barbarians are concerned (and maybe Wizards) they can gear up for cheap and perform well until around Inferno MP4, and from MP5 you might want to start considering those more expensive bonuses like LoH, extra Attack Speed, Crit Hit Damage and Chances, et cetera.

The market is just flooded these days, and a really good zuni chest with say 175 int/150 vit+, will still sell for a few millions at least. Zuni's set is popular for both WD's and Wiz's.

My main is WD and I still play. I have Zuni's set already, aside from the string of skill. WD is, unfortunately, a highly under-rated class. I run ubers with my buddies on mp7/8 and can survive better than most of them, which are barbs, dh's, wiz.. etc. Also my stun darts and garg, keeps the ubers stunned 50% of the time.

When farming, I do mp4, and use the grave injustice build to mow through\face roll enemies.

j3poy

Apr 27, 2012
I stopped playing this game.

Currently playing new release titles until i miss diablo lol. COD BO2, Transformers FOC, SC2, NFS MW and Max Payne. :)

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

My main char is a monk. I'll be your charity case. :)

p0nd

Apr 18, 2011
The market is just flooded these days, and a really good zuni chest with say 175 int/150 vit+, will still sell for a few millions at least. Zuni's set is popular for both WD's and Wiz's.

My main is WD and I still play. I have Zuni's set already, aside from the string of skill. WD is, unfortunately, a highly under-rated class. I run ubers with my buddies on mp7/8 and can survive better than most of them, which are barbs, dh's, wiz.. etc. Also my stun darts and garg, keeps the ubers stunned 50% of the time.

When farming, I do mp4, and use the grave injustice build to mow through\face roll enemies.

I main WD too but i'm just getting back into the game after 1.05. Would you say 4piece zunimassa is worth it for the extra mana regen? I've got the helm/chest but haven't sprung for the ring/boots yet. Also i recently figured out that although pierce the veil increases your dps on the screen, you lose out on a lot of dps because you're constantly out of mana. I only use PtV now if i'm running my lazy build of as much pets as possible (dogs/garg/spider queen/etc.) What i like about WD is that lots of skill combos are viable (though not necessarily *optimal*)

for reference i'm comfortably farming mp3 on act 3 with this gear http://d3up.com/b/123297#gear

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000

That is genius...

Reasons I have for not playing other characters: Paragon levels and money to gear up other characters. My DH is about tapped out at 118k dps. All I use her for is to run MP1 -- unless I'm key farming, no other MP level makes any sense thanks to the increased death rate and decreased kill rate.

Gold is becoming super cheap. AH is being saturated, which is good and bad. *Sigh* I wish I had more time to play when the game first came out... mother effing side job.

Anyone have any success selling on RMAH anymore?

A while back I figured that people were only interest in buying gold anymore, so I haven't put much of any items on. The ones I do put on haven't sold for weeks. I threw on Inna's pants yesterday and still no buyout.

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
That is genius...

Reasons I have for not playing other characters: Paragon levels and money to gear up other characters. My DH is about tapped out at 118k dps. All I use her for is to run MP1 -- unless I'm key farming, no other MP level makes any sense thanks to the increased death rate and decreased kill rate.

Gold is becoming super cheap. AH is being saturated, which is good and bad. *Sigh* I wish I had more time to play when the game first came out... mother effing side job.

Anyone have any success selling on RMAH anymore?

A while back I figured that people were only interest in buying gold anymore, so I haven't put much of any items on. The ones I do put on haven't sold for weeks. I threw on Inna's pants yesterday and still no buyout.

pants have physical resist by any chance?

i made all my $ prior to 1.03, afterwards it was very difficult to move items via RMAH. you can still do it, but you need pretty good items to make a sale. my main staple was jewelry and weapons. you can sell decent jewelry/weapons for a couple of bucks, but the sales are much slower.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Paragon levels does put a big dampener on lvling other characters. "I'd love to try playing monk buuuuuuut I already have 60 paragon levels in my barb soooo...." If zuni chest is only 200k, I'd get WD to 60 just to gear him up cheap right now. :p

But giving account wide paragon would seem like a slap in the face for those who have more than 100 paragon levels already in their characters.

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
(Main paragon level - alt paragon level) * 5 = bonus experience for alts

i think that formula would work wonders for alt paragon leveling. would certainly help with gold inflation if people are gearing alts.