**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 406 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
I main WD too but i'm just getting back into the game after 1.05. Would you say 4piece zunimassa is worth it for the extra mana regen? I've got the helm/chest but haven't sprung for the ring/boots yet. Also i recently figured out that although pierce the veil increases your dps on the screen, you lose out on a lot of dps because you're constantly out of mana. I only use PtV now if i'm running my lazy build of as much pets as possible (dogs/garg/spider queen/etc.) What i like about WD is that lots of skill combos are viable (though not necessarily *optimal*)

for reference i'm comfortably farming mp3 on act 3 with this gear http://d3up.com/b/123297#gear

Here's my build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/digiRAMM-1258/hero/6481595

If you're using thing of the deep, it's worth it to run gruesome feast and grave injustice for the cool down decrease and int. boost from those two passives. With the mana regen, and + mana on kill from the bonus, I can almost spam bears endlessly. This is a great build, try it for yourself.

For farming it's great, but I use a different build for ubers that include the stun darts, stun garg, fetishes, ptv, tribal rites (something like that, reduces cd for bbv, garg, and fetish). I'm dependent on stun and bears for damage, but you can't spam bears forever against ubers.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Anybody knows how i can sell my account? Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 linked?

us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/j3poy-6952/

www.diabloprogress.com/player/j3poy-6952

I'm hoping to get 1000-1250$.

* Don't want to sell it 1 by 1 in RMAH. Want to sell it as a whole package.

I'm guessing you have high Paragon level characters and a bunch of items. I have no idea how to sell it, my guess is Blizzard would be officially against it. The logistics of selling the account would also be interesting... I'd probably ebay it and officially sell your "time".

pants have physical resist by any chance?

i made all my $ prior to 1.03, afterwards it was very difficult to move items via RMAH. you can still do it, but you need pretty good items to make a sale. my main staple was jewelry and weapons. you can sell decent jewelry/weapons for a couple of bucks, but the sales are much slower.

Nope, it was just Dex, Vit and the other standard, non-random rolls. It actually just sold a few hours ago for $15.75 buyout. Boo ya because I'd have paid 15% *3 = 45% comission if I sold on gold side versus $1+15%.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
Account wide paragon has a big problem in that you get stats for paragon level, not just magic find. How would that work? You hit 60, and if you're paragon level 82 you instantly gain 83 levels worth of stats?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Am I the only person upset that I can't preorder my Collectors Edition of SC2 from Blizzard and not get my wings early? =(

Oct 20, 2005
Anybody knows how i can sell my account? Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 linked?

us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/j3poy-6952/

www.diabloprogress.com/player/j3poy-6952

I'm hoping to get 1000-1250$.

* Don't want to sell it 1 by 1 in RMAH. Want to sell it as a whole package.

I'm sure there are sites dedicated to this but I don't think you will be able to discuss it here on AT. Also it is against blizz's policies to sell your accounts, etc.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Account wide paragon has a big problem in that you get stats for paragon level, not just magic find. How would that work? You hit 60, and if you're paragon level 82 you instantly gain 83 levels worth of stats?

i'd probably give the magic and gold find bonuses, but not the stats, they'd have to grind to get stat points which to me is not as big a deal since the whole point of paragon was to get "better" drops. others might disagree but i just want max chance of getting good drops.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
I have no idea wtf is up with my luck and keys. mp7 or higher and I have less than a 10% drop rate on keys for the past 2 weeks. It is annoying.

I had to do mp10 last night for keys to drop. I am getting tired of this.

CU

Platinum Member
Aug 14, 2000
I actually wish that once you beat inferno all new character could start in inferno at lvl 60. So, you wouldn't have to level them up also. As for paragon, maybe the same thing hit 100 all are at 100. Or. maybe bracket it, say every 25 paragon levels all your characters jumped to that paragon level. That way your other characters wouldn't fall that far behind and you could still play them when you wanted to without feeling you could find much better stuff if you used your main.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I have no idea wtf is up with my luck and keys. mp7 or higher and I have less than a 10% drop rate on keys for the past 2 weeks. It is annoying.

I have unofficially given up on keys. It's so hit and miss, as well as a very inefficient use of time. In the time it takes to get enough keys and organs, you'd probably have earned more experience and gold/items doing regular farming. The deficit may never be made up with the 35% bonus on the ring.

Oct 20, 2005

heh, at least you can do MP7 and up.

I'm limited to MP3 and I just now got the blacksmith plans to create the infernal machines. At least I can farm keys now and create machines while I try to upgrade my barb.

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
i've been running act3 MP3 lately. doing keeps/stonefort/arreat->azmodan/bridge of korsik->back to base in an hour or so, killing everything. still need to clear act4 for the plans... but i have a handful of keys from act1-3. should try some ubers soon :p

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The plan is the toughest to get I think!

4 runs at mp5.

The boss is a PAIN IN THE ASS. It's a terror demon so it has a -90% healing debuff. It has an AOE fire that pretty much rapes you. Attacks fast, runs fast, teleports.

and I think it has vortex or knockback, don't remember.

Surrounded by annoying ass mobs (succubus and fallen angels) and fighting him becomes a nightmare. (no pun intended)

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
4 runs at mp5.

The boss is a PAIN IN THE ASS. It's a terror demon so it has a -90% healing debuff. It has an AOE fire that pretty much rapes you. Attacks fast, runs fast, teleports.

and I think it has vortex or knockback, don't remember.

Surrounded by annoying ass mobs (succubus and fallen angels) and fighting him becomes a nightmare. (no pun intended)

I had no issue with this guy on my monk. Did take a crap load of runs for it to drop though.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The fire more or less insta-kills my barb on mp5 with about 500 resist and 7k armor on mp5-6. Are monks that durable?

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
The fire more or less insta-kills my barb on mp5 with about 500 resist and 7k armor on mp5-6. Are monks that durable?

no, monks can go invulnerable for 4 seconds though. the fire may also be dodge-able too since we can dodge fire chains, but i dont know.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Depends on the monk. I double stack my res and use One With everything passive skill. My base res is 1159, use the healing mantra with rune that gives +20% res to buff it to 1391 res all. If I get a barb with warcry, it goes up over 1600 res all...

Armor is at 4406.

I survive pretty well at mp3/mp4. Die sometimes, usually when a pack has like all fire (fire chains/desecrate/molten), or that combined with arcane. Those arcane's fuggin hurt.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Floggin-1675/hero/4911166

I don't find many decent items, so upgrading has been a slow process. She can stand there and take a beating, but killing stuff takes a while sometimes. She's a good team player :)

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
If its dodgeable I certainly didn't notice it since I die in 1 second.

If you have invulnerability it might not be a problem though.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
The plan is the toughest to get I think!

My DH had no trouble killing him or other minions in Act 4, the difficult part was having to find 5 elites to get the 5 stack NV. Act 4 is very monster scarce and dungeons suck making it even harder to find elites.

My DH will probably hit 118dps in another NV level or two.

Quickest ways to boost my dps would be to bump up my 118 dex boots to 200+, but I need the resists and run on mine - they get very expensive with all. Bracers could use a boost too, but then I need the gold pick-up radius on that. I need the movement speed bump on my armor. So, I essentially need to upgrade at least 2 pieces at once to make sure I keep all important stats.