**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 403 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
My IK gloves I overbid by a huge amount with three seconds left. The price went from 51 million to 91 million. I was hoping it would not take my entire bid, but it did.

I found that to be kind of weird sometimes. When I overbid I usually get the "excess" back, but a few times I didn't. I have no idea what they do to determine how much you get back or what not.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
So, for the barbs, how high of an MP level can you solo the Infernal Machine portals at?

My zon can not survive the middle portal past MP2 where the mother effer teleports and instant hit/kills me. I'm thinking of gearing my barb up for that sole purpose.

And meh, found something like 1 set and 4 uniques today. Almost all pieces of shit with low quality roles.

When it comes to survival I can "do" MP8, the problem is surviving is all I can do. When I switch to my "pure" tank build my DPS gets hit hard and goes down the drain, and I barely scratch even regular mobs. So, if I'm in a party with three other DPS'ing players I can tank for them no problems, but if they die I might as well just die too.

If I had to actually solo Uber runs I wouldn't go beyond MP4, and I'd be playing with my DPS build, along with my 2-hander, because otherwise it'd take too long and I'd risk running into the raging timer. The other problem is I usually don't do Ubers below MP6 to start with since the drop rates only get decent there, but I did try solo'ing Ubers at MP4 once, it went well enough.

badb0y

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2010
My IK gloves I overbid by a huge amount with three seconds left. The price went from 51 million to 91 million. I was hoping it would not take my entire bid, but it did.
Someone probably bid higher at the same time you did. If someone just outright outbids you there's not much you can do about it.
This doesn't work well.

You should put your max bid in at the last second.

You assume everyone else puts their max bid in ahead of time. You also assume people are rational. Sometimes people really want an item and think "I'll only pay 5M for that. Max." They bid 5M, lead the auction, then get outbid by someone at 5.5M. Sometimes, the first person will then bid 6M, despite the fact that their "max" was 5M.

If you are the 5.5M bidder, you'll get the item if you enter your bid with 2 seconds left, but not if you enter your bid with 2 hours left.

Let's say there is something I like on the AH. Let's say they are boots that are sitting at 1M, no buyout, and I'm willing to drop ~12M on them. Here's what I do:

1. Bid incrementally, just so it shows up in my auctions. They are now at 1.1M or so.
2. Set a timer for ~10 minutes before the auction ends.
3. ...
4. When the timer goes off, load up the AH, and check the bid. If it's below my max, I'll refresh the auction every second or two until it goes from 8 minutes to 7 minutes, then start my timer from 7 minutes
5. Open the bid window, enter 12,045,246
6. Wait until 2 seconds left, press enter

If I bid higher than anyone else, I win. If not, I don't. If someone was happy with an 8M bid, sees that they got outbid and now wants to up their bid, they don't have time to do it.
Ahh, if you put your max bid in the beginning and get outbid you either didn't bid high enough or someone else just over payed for the item.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
This doesn't work well**

You should put your max bid in at the last second**

You assume everyone else puts their max bid in ahead of time** You also assume people are rational** Sometimes people really want an item and think "I'll only pay 5M for that** Max**" They bid 5M, lead the auction, then get outbid by someone at 5**5M** Sometimes, the first person will then bid 6M, despite the fact that their "max" was 5M**

If you are the 5**5M bidder, you'll get the item if you enter your bid with 2 seconds left, but not if you enter your bid with 2 hours left**

Let's say there is something I like on the AH** Let's say they are boots that are sitting at 1M, no buyout, and I'm willing to drop ~12M on them** Here's what I do:

1** Bid incrementally, just so it shows up in my auctions** They are now at 1**1M or so**
2** Set a timer for ~10 minutes before the auction ends**
3** ******
4** When the timer goes off, load up the AH, and check the bid** If it's below my max, I'll refresh the auction every second or two until it goes from 8 minutes to 7 minutes, then start my timer from 7 minutes
5** Open the bid window, enter 12,045,246
6** Wait until 2 seconds left, press enter

If I bid higher than anyone else, I win** If not, I don't** If someone was happy with an 8M bid, sees that they got outbid and now wants to up their bid, they don't have time to do it**

Yea I do something similar too**
My recent purchase is a Mace** I put in an initial 6 mil bid to track it** Got outbid and just watched till like 5 min left** It was bid upto 8**x mil so I set my alarm clock on my phone with 10 sec to spare** I put in a bid for 30 mil with about 7 sec since that was the most i was looking to pay** I won and got 20 mil back**

Oct 20, 2005
Yea I do something similar too**
My recent purchase is a Mace** I put in an initial 6 mil bid to track it** Got outbid and just watched till like 5 min left** It was bid upto 8**x mil so I set my alarm clock on my phone with 10 sec to spare** I put in a bid for 30 mil with about 7 sec since that was the most i was looking to pay** I won and got 20 mil back**

That's the way to do it! :thumbsup:

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
I don't do that anymore, sometimes you get the exccess back sometime you don't. Not sure how it works.

Before the patch.

Lets say if I tried to do what I posted above. If the person that initially out bid lets say 30
and the current bid amount is 6 mil.

I would bid 30 and I would only get an error. I don't think the price of the bid went up. As it would show 6 mil even when I refreshed it. I would have to bid above the amount of the previous bidder ( which I would not know what it is ). I lost out on several b/c of that.

After patch I noticed that the prices go up and no longer get the error. So I only bid up to what i'm willing to pay, and so far~ i've gotten atleast 50% of the bid price back

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
OMFG, I got hacked. Should I send them my credit card number and expiry date?

From diablo@email.com

Greetings
It has come to our attention that your account is involved in illegal transactions. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
Terms of Use: (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html).
It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.
You must complete the steps below to secure the account and your computer.
STEP 1: ACCOUNT INVESTIGATION
We now provide a secure website for you to verify that you have taken the appropriate steps to secure the account, your computer, and your email address.
Click on the link below to verify your e-mail address of the Battle.net account:
https://www.battle.net/account/d3/login-support.html
If you can’t click the link above, copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.
STEP 2: VERIFY YOUR SUBMISSION WAS RECEIVED
We will contact you with further instructions once we have received and processed your submission. If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours of submitting this form, please resend it from the address listed above.
Please be aware that if unauthorized access to this account, it may lead to further action against the account.
We understand that these policies may seem harsh, but they are in place to ensure that every player is able to enjoy their time in game. Thank you for respecting our position.

Please do not reply to this email as you will receive an automated response.
Regards,
Thary
Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment 2012

How the hell did they get my email...

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
So I finally just started running keys last night, and I found out that my crappy laptop crashes whenever a key drops. And of course it crashes before I can grab the key. It's fine with normal legendaries,but for some reason either the graphic or the sound from the keys crashes and blue screens windows 7 on me with an Nvidia error. If the key doesn't drop from the warden it plays fine.

I tried updating my Nvidia driver, but found out that Dell has a proprietary driver for this model, and I can only use their driver (which is about 2 years old). I got frustrated and walked away. I think I will need to extract the inf files from the nvidia driver and manually update it.

I'm also going to completely reinstall D3, maybe there is something wrong with my install. As it is I already needed to add Diablo III to my MSE exceptions to get around the Magdha FPS bug that Blizz knows about a ton of people having and isn't fixing.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
OMFG, I got hacked. Should I send them my credit card number and expiry date?

How the hell did they get my email...

send them your current address, social security number and bank account number too. To be safe, give them your mother's maiden name, the name of your first pet and the name of your first boyfriend/girlfriend too.

Don't forget to enclose a picture of you, similar to the one you use on driver licenses.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
send them your current address, social security number and bank account number too. To be safe, give them your mother's maiden name, the name of your first pet and the name of your first boyfriend/girlfriend too.

Don't forget to enclose a picture of you, similar to the one you use on driver licenses.

You sure I shouldn't add the street I grew up on, where I went to college, and where I went to high school? Oh, and my high school mascot.

Key running is boring and so time consuming. You also lose so much gold and experience - I can do 18 million exp and 500-600k gold per hour at MP1 in Act 3 versus 5 million experience and 200k gold when key running. And keys don't drop reliably unless you hit MP 5+. I'm focusing on MP3 and 4 because I can get 5 stack NV and kill the keywarden within 15 minutes.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Oh yeah don't forget those, it's important for you to give them all the information so they can recover your gold and legendaries.

Don't bother farming keys on mp1. I farm on mp4 (just bumped up to 5) and key drops are a hit or miss. If I'm farming act 2 or act 1 I'll bump it up to mp6 (mp7 for a1) just to get drops.

I don't bother farming act 1 or 2 until I get at least 3 act 3 keys though. There's no point in interrupting your farming routine just to get machines.

Oct 20, 2005
It's been about 2 weeks since I had any legendaries drop and finally got 2 to drop in one run on my barb (his MF is still very low, so not expecting much drops) and of course, they blow chunks lol.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I'm at like 300ish and it's been raining legendaries for me.

Found over 12+ in one day

I've gotten at least 5 legendaries over the past few days. Probably averaging 1 an hour. And I've even gotten set items, about 1 for every 4 uniques. They were all shit roles though.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
I've gotten at least 5 legendaries over the past few days. Probably averaging 1 an hour. And I've even gotten set items, about 1 for every 4 uniques. They were all shit roles though.

I sold an UNID Zuni Marrow for 20 mil. It rolled like 160 intel 230+ vita O_O

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
300 is cap, so no. Low is 0-100 mf.

Cap is actually 300 mf (paragon max) + (follower max) + (MP lvl).

I've screwed around with MP6 and can get over 430 gf/mf.

On the idiocy front: I sold a 5 million-ish amulet for 75k gold. Was wondering why it sold so quickly after putting it on the AH. I put the same amulet on yesterday at something like 2 million bid start, 9 million buyout, so it didn't sell. Well, then I forgot about it and just threw it on the AH for "get rid of that shit" price. Woops.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
In 1.05 your followers do not add over the 300%.

Patch note detailing that change:

Magic Find and Gold Find values inherited from Followers should now respect the 300% cap

So it's:

300%(you + follower) + 75% NV Stack + X% from Monster Power(10% per level)

Max Magic Find is currently 475%

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Anyone interested in this?

thetormentor.png

not too popular on the AH