**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by SMOGZINN, Aug 25, 2011.

1. PowerYoga

PowerYoga Diamond Member

I found that to be kind of weird sometimes. When I overbid I usually get the "excess" back, but a few times I didn't. I have no idea what they do to determine how much you get back or what not.

2. Zenoth

Zenoth Diamond Member

When it comes to survival I can "do" MP8, the problem is surviving is all I can do. When I switch to my "pure" tank build my DPS gets hit hard and goes down the drain, and I barely scratch even regular mobs. So, if I'm in a party with three other DPS'ing players I can tank for them no problems, but if they die I might as well just die too.

If I had to actually solo Uber runs I wouldn't go beyond MP4, and I'd be playing with my DPS build, along with my 2-hander, because otherwise it'd take too long and I'd risk running into the raging timer. The other problem is I usually don't do Ubers below MP6 to start with since the drop rates only get decent there, but I did try solo'ing Ubers at MP4 once, it went well enough.

3. badb0y

badb0y Diamond Member

Someone probably bid higher at the same time you did. If someone just outright outbids you there's not much you can do about it.
    Ahh, if you put your max bid in the beginning and get outbid you either didn't bid high enough or someone else just over payed for the item.

4. isekii

isekii Lifer

Yea I do something similar too**
    My recent purchase is a Mace** I put in an initial 6 mil bid to track it** Got outbid and just watched till like 5 min left** It was bid upto 8**x mil so I set my alarm clock on my phone with 10 sec to spare** I put in a bid for 30 mil with about 7 sec since that was the most i was looking to pay** I won and got 20 mil back**

5. Schfifty Five

That's the way to do it! :thumbsup:

6. PowerYoga

PowerYoga Diamond Member

I don't do that anymore, sometimes you get the exccess back sometime you don't. Not sure how it works.

7. isekii

isekii Lifer

Before the patch.

Lets say if I tried to do what I posted above. If the person that initially out bid lets say 30
    and the current bid amount is 6 mil.

I would bid 30 and I would only get an error. I don't think the price of the bid went up. As it would show 6 mil even when I refreshed it. I would have to bid above the amount of the previous bidder ( which I would not know what it is ). I lost out on several b/c of that.

After patch I noticed that the prices go up and no longer get the error. So I only bid up to what i'm willing to pay, and so far~ i've gotten atleast 50% of the bid price back

8. Imp

Imp Lifer

OMFG, I got hacked. Should I send them my credit card number and expiry date?

How the hell did they get my email...

9. badb0y

badb0y Diamond Member

You sure it's not a phishing email?

10. Wyndru

Wyndru Diamond Member

So I finally just started running keys last night, and I found out that my crappy laptop crashes whenever a key drops. And of course it crashes before I can grab the key. It's fine with normal legendaries,but for some reason either the graphic or the sound from the keys crashes and blue screens windows 7 on me with an Nvidia error. If the key doesn't drop from the warden it plays fine.

I tried updating my Nvidia driver, but found out that Dell has a proprietary driver for this model, and I can only use their driver (which is about 2 years old). I got frustrated and walked away. I think I will need to extract the inf files from the nvidia driver and manually update it.

I'm also going to completely reinstall D3, maybe there is something wrong with my install. As it is I already needed to add Diablo III to my MSE exceptions to get around the Magdha FPS bug that Blizz knows about a ton of people having and isn't fixing.

11. PowerYoga

PowerYoga Diamond Member

send them your current address, social security number and bank account number too. To be safe, give them your mother's maiden name, the name of your first pet and the name of your first boyfriend/girlfriend too.

Don't forget to enclose a picture of you, similar to the one you use on driver licenses.

12. Imp

Imp Lifer

You sure I shouldn't add the street I grew up on, where I went to college, and where I went to high school? Oh, and my high school mascot.

Key running is boring and so time consuming. You also lose so much gold and experience - I can do 18 million exp and 500-600k gold per hour at MP1 in Act 3 versus 5 million experience and 200k gold when key running. And keys don't drop reliably unless you hit MP 5+. I'm focusing on MP3 and 4 because I can get 5 stack NV and kill the keywarden within 15 minutes.

13. PowerYoga

PowerYoga Diamond Member

Oh yeah don't forget those, it's important for you to give them all the information so they can recover your gold and legendaries.

Don't bother farming keys on mp1. I farm on mp4 (just bumped up to 5) and key drops are a hit or miss. If I'm farming act 2 or act 1 I'll bump it up to mp6 (mp7 for a1) just to get drops.

I don't bother farming act 1 or 2 until I get at least 3 act 3 keys though. There's no point in interrupting your farming routine just to get machines.

14. Schfifty Five

It's been about 2 weeks since I had any legendaries drop and finally got 2 to drop in one run on my barb (his MF is still very low, so not expecting much drops) and of course, they blow chunks lol.

15. ChairShot

ChairShot Senior member

Low MF.... is 250 MF considered low?

16. isekii

isekii Lifer

I'm at like 300ish and it's been raining legendaries for me.

Found over 12+ in one day

17. Schfifty Five

I'd be happy with 250. Right now my barb gets just above 100 with 5 stacks of NV gear.

I don't have much MF on my gear now. I think 2 pieces have MF.

18. Imp

Imp Lifer

I've gotten at least 5 legendaries over the past few days. Probably averaging 1 an hour. And I've even gotten set items, about 1 for every 4 uniques. They were all shit roles though.

19. isekii

isekii Lifer

I sold an UNID Zuni Marrow for 20 mil. It rolled like 160 intel 230+ vita O_O

20. isekii

isekii Lifer

start lvling and bumping up your paragon.

21. PowerYoga

PowerYoga Diamond Member

300 is cap, so no. Low is 0-100 mf.

22. Schfifty Five

Yeah I have been. At PL 8 right now.

23. Imp

Imp Lifer

Cap is actually 300 mf (paragon max) + (follower max) + (MP lvl).

I've screwed around with MP6 and can get over 430 gf/mf.

On the idiocy front: I sold a 5 million-ish amulet for 75k gold. Was wondering why it sold so quickly after putting it on the AH. I put the same amulet on yesterday at something like 2 million bid start, 9 million buyout, so it didn't sell. Well, then I forgot about it and just threw it on the AH for "get rid of that shit" price. Woops.

24. rstrohkirch

rstrohkirch Senior member

In 1.05 your followers do not add over the 300%.

Patch note detailing that change:

Magic Find and Gold Find values inherited from Followers should now respect the 300% cap

So it's:

300%(you + follower) + 75% NV Stack + X% from Monster Power(10% per level)

Max Magic Find is currently 475%

#10074 rstrohkirch, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  25. ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z Lifer

Anyone interested in this?

[​IMG]

not too popular on the AH