Official AT Guild Wars 2 Guild Thread

Page 49 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
Aig; Kuz, whatever... I'm bad with names.

This AT guild has always been about tech people on this forum playing together. If you find another guild that wants you to play every night and do dungeons/wvw/spvp... then go for it.

I won't blame you; a few weeks ago I would have done it and then said somthing here. Glad you are enjoying the game, but I'm burnt out... the end game doesn't hook me like the game did originally, and if you find others with your drive... you should do it and be unashamed (sp?).

I get on every day or two , but mostly to lvl alts or grab an ori vein or two. A bit tired of it all, but I do get on regularly very late EST if you ever want a partner. 'Bout to log in to see if the Halloween stuff is up...

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
I'm usually on 6-10pm est, I see only about 8 from the guild on at that time. The last couple of Weeks, I've been running dungeons, but usually have to find a random group.

I've been stocking up on pow, vit, toughness armor from AC as an ele because glass cannon just doesn't last long in dungeons. Any other suggestions for optimal ele armor?

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I hate holidays events; I hope there's something useful somewhere in the event chain so it's not an utter waste of time.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I think it's pretty bad right now (if you want gems)--1g = ~130 gems? I was away for several days, so I haven't checked in some time.

...I think some of us need to start recruiting some active people.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
This morning when I checked it was around 1G 40S for 100GEMS and 100 GEMS sold for 1G 20S, give or take on the S.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
This morning when I checked it was around 1G 40S for 100GEMS and 100 GEMS sold for 1G 20S, give or take on the S.

its insane.

the price of it went up a lot.

and u guys at launch was laughing at me for getting 3000 gems and hording onto them.

oh wellz, i have about 15 keys ive been saving... loot drops which i think i'll use now. :biggrin:

I think it's pretty bad right now (if you want gems)--1g = ~130 gems? I was away for several days, so I haven't checked in some time.

...I think some of us need to start recruiting some active people.

need to start kicking people also.

those who havent been active... kick them for now.
If they come back, re-invite them.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Don't bother buying keys for the chests. I used 20 keys and got jack shit. Went to their forum and there is a massive thread about it, the drop rate for the skins is super low.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
Don't bother buying keys for the chests. I used 20 keys and got jack shit. Went to their forum and there is a massive thread about it, the drop rate for the skins is super low.

Plan on selling my gems now and rebuying later :)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

well, the value has only increased...so it will likely cost much more to rebuy them later if you plan to do it with in-game currency.

But temporarily, for this event, it could be a good bet, I suppose.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001

I would if I was you too. I had a bunch of gems I bought long ago for cheap because I knew there would be skins for holidays. I spent a some of my gems buying the 2 outfits and a 5 pack of keys (been saving those keys for awhile too lol). I had 15 keys when I started opening, I got 5 more from the chests and in all I got just the normal random crap :(

The skins though are quite awesome, I like the witch, fly around on the broom stick and can do other stuff like put a cauldron down others can eat from lol

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
I got to level 200 of the costume brawl achievement, or 200 time champion tier 11 of 12 whatever that means, I was really hoping it would be over then but it looks like I'm only half way. Whoever decided the limits for these things is a real asshole.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Friend of mine opened 55 chests last night with no skins lol.

And the simple answer is don't do the achievements :p

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
I finished the costume brawler achievement, 500 time champion. No costume or chest or anything at the end, just 15 achievement points, time that could've been better spent looking for pumpkins and stuff. So for anyone wondering, don't bother until after the event is over, I'm sure costume brawling will probably still be around.

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
The very next dungeon is CM, it's the shortest. AC explore mode is much shorter than the story version, and if you're in a strong group it can be incredibly brief.

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
lol oh god, I just blew 18 silver buying those temporary weapons from the candy corn merchant. I thought they were permanent weapons cause in GW1 you could use candy canes and stuff with level 1 requirements. I can't even sell them back to merchants at a loss. I thought the time remaining tip meant that's how much longer he was gonna be selling them for.

The timer doesn't even start on equip, it starts on purchase, so I won't even get to use the staff and bow cause I have an engineer. And they're soulbound... not account bound. What in the ffff

Last edited:

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
lol two of my friends both blew almost all their gold last night trying to open black lion chests and make mad king chests, they did actually get a shield skin and the sword skin at least. the shield is kind of cool, just doesn't really fit with my character at all though.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
The only thing I've ever kept as far as tonics go, are the mystery tonics... lucky?

Got like 26 of them; isn't it 1 candy corn, 6 mystery tonics, and 2 of any booster (1 in each slot)?

ethebubbeth

Golden Member
May 2, 2003
The only thing I've ever kept as far as tonics go, are the mystery tonics... lucky?

Got like 26 of them; isn't it 1 candy corn, 6 mystery tonics, and 2 of any booster (1 in each slot)?

That is the correct recipe. Unfortunately, you can't use the kill streak booster in the forge, which is the one I wanted to get rid of the most :(

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
Created and opened up a few chests myself and got nothing. Just like real gambling I'll dabble a little bit and then give up if I don't win early. Wish I could say the same for me with gambling with rares to get exotics in the forge. Been crafting alot of rares and putting them in the forge and got the skin I wanted but in the end I probably should of just bought a cheaper version of the skin and transmuted a crafted exotic with it to get the stats. Oh well...it was a quick cheap thrill gambling at the forge though.

ethebubbeth

Golden Member
May 2, 2003
Yeah, I saved up chests and keys for halloween. I opened 24 black lions chests and got nothing Halloween related.

I then crafted 29 Mad King chests and still didn't get any skins :(

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I just want the damn scythe skin :(
Can't afford 20g on the BLTP that it is currently going for grrr

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
...I am finding myself rather uninspired to care about the halloween stuff. I purchased the witch outfit, but that is it.

I like a lot of the skins, but the requirements to get them are just....very un-GW1 and makes me sad. I'd rather be leveling my alts than focusing on recipes.

used up my stack of mystery tonics some time ago, certainly not going to buy any fricking BL keys--and I never will.

I guess....I expected this game to be less cash-shop heavy. all the grinding...the only way to avoid it is to dump cash. and that won't really do much for you.
:\

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
I've been glazing over some of the crafted armor on the wiki and it seems like you're limited to certain sets of stat combinations? Like rare armor gives you 2 stat bonuses, and exotic armor can give you up to 3, but I'm guessing there's no way to fine tune exactly which 2-3 stat bonuses you want? You're just stuck with whatever combo the devs decided on?

For example, for my particular build I'd like to have precision, condition damage, and vitality. But the only armor I'm seeing is precision, condition damage, and toughness. If I pick leatherworker as a discipline is it possible to customize what stats I get, while the formulas on the wiki are just cookiecutter?