Official AT Guild Wars 2 Guild Thread

Page 47 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
Speaking of "rewards" i never get one for my character. The only thing that is worth it for zone completion reward is the crafting items.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Speaking of "rewards" i never get one for my character. The only thing that is worth it for zone completion reward is the crafting items.

It sounds like you are completing a zone that is well below your level. The zone completion rewards are tied to the level of the zone. So, if you complete a lvl 15-25 zone and you are level 25 when you do it, you are very likely to get a useful masterwork item. If it is a 40-60 zone and you complete at lvl 60, you have a very good chance to get a nice lvl 60 rare (or multiple). If you are a lvl 60 completing a lvl 1-15 zone, you will get worthless junk that you can sell...

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It was funny this weekend as I did a few more AC runs in random pick-up-groups (no guildmembers were around and willing). I like my warrior at times, and at other times I wish I was in my guardian...

That said, it is amazing how many people don't know how to pull the lieutenant into the troll. I finally got them all to sit back and simply watch me. Even in the warrior (not the best pulling class) it is simple as long as you dodge the lieutenant's pull attack. There were plenty of lvl 80's that were like, oh wow you can do that? We then simply killed the adds and got a nice free chest when the troll finished his beatdown.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
It was funny this weekend as I did a few more AC runs in random pick-up-groups (no guildmembers were around and willing). I like my warrior at times, and at other times I wish I was in my guardian...

That said, it is amazing how many people don't know how to pull the lieutenant into the troll. I finally got them all to sit back and simply watch me. Even in the warrior (not the best pulling class) it is simple as long as you dodge the lieutenant's pull attack. There were plenty of lvl 80's that were like, oh wow you can do that? We then simply killed the adds and got a nice free chest when the troll finished his beatdown.

I wonder which uber warrior taught you guys that? :whiste:

last night we had problems with path 1 in AC.
LOL... i swap to my warrior, for just one wave, the guys are going Holy Shit that was so much easier...

I look back and grin... and say thats the power of an exotic warrior..
Then someone in my team goes.. no.. thats the weakness of a lvl35 guardian.

BLAH! i had no comment, he was right as well. >.<

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000

LOL... i swap to my warrior, for just one wave, the guys are going Holy Shit that was so much easier...

the mounds are known to be bugged...i was strafing around and not hitting shit.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003

Yeah, the troll was a great revelation. I guess path 1 didn't have the troll though? Lol, when you logged in with your exotic'd character, the difficulty dropped immensely, suddenly the collection was done and none of those collectors dropped below 60%!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I would like to run AC with you guys then. How often do you guys do it?

several people will do it every day, just depends on the time that people are on. We seem to be half ~east coast and half west coast.

I try to run when we have a good warrior or guardian on, so that my Mes can help them be all that they can be.
:D

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
I just hit level 50 on my Guardian the other day.. Woohoo :D

Now I need to re-gear.. everything I have is like level 30-35.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
It sounds like you are completing a zone that is well below your level. The zone completion rewards are tied to the level of the zone. So, if you complete a lvl 15-25 zone and you are level 25 when you do it, you are very likely to get a useful masterwork item. If it is a 40-60 zone and you complete at lvl 60, you have a very good chance to get a nice lvl 60 rare (or multiple). If you are a lvl 60 completing a lvl 1-15 zone, you will get worthless junk that you can sell...

Nope, i do it according to level. However, every zone i've ever did you can level out of it before you are even close to complete it. The scaling in this game was a bad idea.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I just hit level 50 on my Guardian the other day.. Woohoo :D

Now I need to re-gear.. everything I have is like level 30-35.

My highest level character as I type this is Level 54 now, and I don't know if it applies until Level 80 or not yet for all classes (I assume it does however), but what I would suggest if you haven't done that yet is to follow "Your Story" quests as close to your level (and the quest's own level) as you can.

The reason for that is that sometimes (not always though) you do receive a piece of leveled gear in accordance to the level of the quest, or near to it (usually within about 2 levels of the quests' own level). So if you were to complete a Story-related quest, and if that quest was say... Level 50, then if the rewards do include a pair of Leggings then it would be around Level 48 or so.

That way you can keep a minimum number of gear pieces that would happen to be near your character's level if you do follow the story quests as close to the quests' own level is in comparison to the level of your character. So in other words don't wait to do a Level 10 Story quest for too long otherwise you'll be level 20+ when you do it and the gear you'd receive would be useless by then.

And... well if you've done all of that already then never mind about this post, this is just a suggestion in case you haven't specifically done that yet.

HexiumVII

Dec 11, 2005
Built a new Sandy Bridge 2600k system today and had 32GB of ram for the last NE sales. So i created a 16GB Ramdrive and copied GW2 on there to see if it was faster at loading vs a Samsung 830. Had two systems side by side to do testing. I was amazed to see that it did indeed load 3-4 seconds faster than the SSD. The systems are pretty close in specs on everything else. Looks like i need to upgrade all my other systems to 32GB!

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I'd recommend doing your story quest for XP as often as possible simply because it goes on for so long (past 80, and once you hit 70 the level increments are much smaller between quests); it's not necessarily the most efficient way to quest but they give pretty high XP and I'd rather have that contribute to my levels rather than my skill points personally.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
I've been trying to keep up with the story quests. The last one I did was pretty difficult.. thought I'd die a few times.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Nope, i do it according to level. However, every zone i've ever did you can level out of it before you are even close to complete it. The scaling in this game was a bad idea.

I agree you "can" level out of the zone before you manage to complete it. You can't get sucked into events, or do story line, simply run through the area and do the hearts, skillpoints, POI's, and vistas. On my warrior, I have completely 3 areas when I was at the same level as the ending level (1-15, 15-25, and a 25-40). I got 3 greens in the 1-15, 2 of which were usable by my class and were as good as the best thing(s) you could get even on the trader. At 25, I had 1 green which was usable (out of 2), and again, was the best thing out there stats wise. At 40, I got 3 rares, two of which were usable, but I sold them to get different ones which suited me better (I was running a precision build, and these were power or vitality).

You do get good stuff, but if you are even a couple levels above, there are dozens of things that are better.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I had the opposite problem. I was completing zones well below the "max" level and struggling to find content to level up for the next zone. Some times I would have to farm events and daily completion just to level. I'm now at 72 and just have the final 70-80 zone which has hearts. I'm about half way done and will need to turn to farming events to get 80.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I had the opposite problem. I was completing zones well below the "max" level and struggling to find content to level up for the next zone. Some times I would have to farm events and daily completion just to level. I'm now at 72 and just have the final 70-80 zone which has hearts. I'm about half way done and will need to turn to farming events to get 80.

no crafting? I was at level 80, just arriving at the first map in Orr. I completed pretty much all of the maps that the human storyline took me through to get there, and I sat on that first story mission in Orr--level 70, I believe, for several weeks...up until the other night.

I've since completed those maps, but I had no troubles getting to 80 well before that time. I did a bit of event farming the first week--but only 2 or 3 nights of centaurs in Harathi. That probably netted me about 3 levels alone. I also didn't max a single crafting discipline until well after hitting 80, but I got two of them up into the ~300 and ~125 range prior to reaching 80.

edit: Oh, final 70-80 zone--are you talking about Frostgorge? That makes sense, then, if you haven't yet unlocked the Orr maps.

phobsi

Dec 27, 2010

I had this problem too, ended up using GW2 cartographer to find other zones that have similar level ranges. Then set out on little adventures to reach that zone.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
I been keeping track of this one bot. He runs around with about 10 toons all naked in the same area. So today he is level 80 about 2 weeks now since i reported him and his other toons he uses. pathetic anet.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Did you level up your crafting skills at all? I gained 14 levels last night from crafting alone which I started at lvl 60.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I been keeping track of this one bot. He runs around with about 10 toons all naked in the same area. So today he is level 80 about 2 weeks now since i reported him and his other toons he uses. pathetic anet.

dang, I thought they were doing well with the bots. Could be that I haven't been leveling my alts as frequently over the last week or so, so I haven't been in the lower-level zones where bots are more rampant.

Damn gold sellers in China...We need to elect Mitt Romney, to keep all the bots out of GW2! :mad:

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
Damn gold sellers in China...We need to elect Mitt Romney, to keep all the bots out of GW2! :mad:

Would someone get him a few binders full of bots already!

I've been leveling two characters over the past week and haven't noticed many bots at all.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
Normally the first "person" i run into is bots. Out of hundred people i see, maybe 5 are human. Pretty sad.

I'm done with this game for awhile, maybe they will address it, but I doubt it.

Darkrage

Dec 15, 2008
Normally the first "person" i run into is bots. Out of hundred people i see, maybe 5 are human. Pretty sad.

I'm done with this game for awhile, maybe they will address it, but I doubt it.

Uh, really...what server are you on, because I really see 100's of bots and like 5 humans? I was doing a 4 tier world DE today (prob ran it about 5 times) and about 25 to 30 people where there each time and not one was a bot...