* * * Official 2012 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread * * *

Page 91 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vrbaba

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2003
wow, VI won by .1 points against KT, and knocked me out of the playoffs.

WTF!!!!

Stat correction please!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
How did Cruz get 13.9pts on 104 yards and 5 rec?

10.4 + 2.5?

Is there another cat we score?

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
wow, tough loss KT(still in the playoffs though :))

and congrats Subtle Stubble, whoever you are! Thanks!

KT, it's you and me in the first round :)

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
And the playoff brackets are set... I pretty much was secured the #1 seed win or lose this week by virtue of points barring a huge blowout by the #2 team or a massive letdown by my team this week, but I secured the win and finished the season one win ahead at 10-3 after going on a 6 game win streak.

Here's the scary part - this week, my BENCH had 130 points. And that's with one inactive QB (Ben). This has been an interesting year, and a change in philosophy for me, the first year I've literally ridden a crop of WR's instead of RB's and ridden them hard.

A huge thank you to Reggie Wayne, Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant, Eric Decker (even though you've sucked ass the last few weeks), and Victor Cruz for the stellar 10-3 this season and the top seed in the playoffs. Tony Gonzalez also gets special mention for being a rather consistent force in my lineup.

And Ray Rice... sorry you get stuck in limbo, but thanks anyway for doing enough to bail out my fantasy ass on a weekly basis. Spiller, /highfive. Leshoure, I'll start you again, sometime, I promise (and then you'll promptly throw up another stinker I'm sure).

And finally, Cam, thanks for scoring more than the haters hate. Carson, thanks for... well, garbage time. :)

(Honorary mention to Ben Roethlisberger for warming my bench with an injury that makes me cringe every time I think about it)

Off to the playoffs we go! Let's bring home that fake digital trophy!

vrbaba

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2003
I finished top two in scoring overall.

If only:
- I had won any one of my last three games
- Team Jackson had lost any one of the last three wins
- Team Turrible (VI) not winning by .1 point
- Played almost anyone on my bench this past weekend to get me 6 extra points to win

Oh well, congrats to all who made it.

Remember, winner of the consolation ladder (7th place) gets his money back.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Honestly I'd have a better chance at money in the consolation bracket than in the big boy one. I've got a consistent team but not one that is going to have the point outbursts needed to win it all.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
LOL...wait for those stat corrections.

Pierre Garcon won me the game for the comeback last night and I'm in the playoffs. I had to win out the last 4 games to even have a shot, and that's what I did making a ton of changes to my players. The Garcon pick up is turning out to be a great move.

I'm pretty damn close to benching Hakeem Nicks. It's a 14 team league so any receiver that gets some looks is good and he's got break out potential. But these constant 6 point games hurt.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
Finished tied for 2nd place with an 8-5 record in my league. 1st place was only 9-4. Lots of injuries this year really messed up a lot of teams. I was relatively fortunate in that I only lost McCoy for two weeks (and snatched up Bryce when he did). Everyone else on my roster was healthy. I just had a case of my WRs either blowing it up or doing absolutely nothing in concert. And Eli slumping.

Well here's to week 1 of the playoffs.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
LOL...wait for those stat corrections.

Pierre Garcon won me the game for the comeback last night and I'm in the playoffs. I had to win out the last 4 games to even have a shot, and that's what I did making a ton of changes to my players. The Garcon pick up is turning out to be a great move.

I'm pretty damn close to benching Hakeem Nicks. It's a 14 team league so any receiver that gets some looks is good and he's got break out potential. But these constant 6 point games hurt.

My Nicks/Cruz combo has just been brutal over the last month as I drop to 8-5 with my 3rd straight loss. Luckily I did clinch a playoff spot so I will be looking hard at the WW for wide receivers to replace Nicks for week 15 & hopefully 16.

I'm also dropping Antonio Gates, I have been so frustrated with him this year and would have won this week if I would have started Heath Miller over him. Hopefully I can hawk Brandon Meyers of the WW

Jun 19, 2004
What's been you're biggest regret of the season so far? (i.e. Benched when you should have played, bad trade, etc.)

Mine has been trading Cam and Megatron (when neither one of them were producing) for RG3. The week AFTER that they both blew up. Overall, I'm still hella happy with RG3, and on a personal level I just think he's a better guy than Cam (not really relevant though).

The pisser of my poor trade decision though, is that I didn't have the foresight to realize the girl I made the trade with was likely to be my playoff opponent. I had already played her in regular season prior to my trade, so I didn't think her having Cam and Megatron could hurt me. God was I wrong. Hindsight's a bitch, but we'll see how the playoffs go.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
wow, tough loss KT(still in the playoffs though :))

and congrats Subtle Stubble, whoever you are! Thanks!

KT, it's you and me in the first round :)

Yeah. 0.1 points cost me a bye week. :D

Good luck dude. You have some pretty sweet match-ups, so not liking my chances.

KT

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
What's been you're biggest regret of the season so far? (i.e. Benched when you should have played, bad trade, etc.)

Mine has been trading Cam and Megatron (when neither one of them were producing) for RG3. The week AFTER that they both blew up. Overall, I'm still hella happy with RG3, and on a personal level I just think he's a better guy than Cam (not really relevant though).

The pisser of my poor trade decision though, is that I didn't have the foresight to realize the girl I made the trade with was likely to be my playoff opponent. I had already played her in regular season prior to my trade, so I didn't think her having Cam and Megatron could hurt me. God was I wrong. Hindsight's a bitch, but we'll see how the playoffs go.

Benching Dez Bryant for Martellus Bennet in week 3. Had I not done that I would have tied the game and would be sitting at 9-3-1 with a first round bye pretty much wrapped up.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Regrets? Not making big moves earlier in the season when many of my players who exploded in week 1-3 started stinking it up giving me a 5 game losing streak.

Bennet - great first 3 weeks, then nothing but I kept starting him
Michael Bush - Great touchdown vulture and good 3 week start, then nothing but I kept starting him
Brian Hartline - same, kept starting him even with weak performances every week

Lesson learned there I guess, if you have many players doing poorly for two straight weeks, time to make a move

And my biggest one of them all. Not even putting a waiver wire bid on Bryce Brown. I normally put 10-15 bucks on somebody that I really want. I figured being the end of the season and guys had 100 bucks left and me only 30 that he would go for 30+.

So I didn't even put a bid on him thinking I need to save waiver money for playoffs. Somebody picked him up for 7 bucks and his team didn't even have a shot at playoffs.

BIG lesson learned. Just pull the damn trigger and follow another BIG fantasy rule - do whatever you can to win THIS week.

Oh, and PS - Dallas Clark is still available in most leagues.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

I traded Newton for Rodgers three weeks ago, and gave up a 2nd round pick next year for it. Rodgers has proceeded to put up a poo poo platter of performances since then while Newton has exploded.

Bleh. Crummy part is that I've got Dalton riding the bench and he's outscoring Rodgers too.

Plus on Thanksgiving I was in the process of moving NY Pats into my def instead of Seattle and was about 10 seconds too late. That cost me 20 points for the week and could ultimately keep me out of money rounds in another league.