* * * Official 2012 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread * * *

Page 90 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I need a huge game from AlMo tonight, but I don't think that's going to happen. Need around 20 points! Definitely closer than I would have expected though man. GG and good luck in the next round. :)

In the main league I need a crappy game from Victor Cruz (fewer than 13.8 points) to hold on to a win but with that god-awful Redskins pass defense, I think I am in done. :(

KT

I gifted you some points swapping Bess at the last minute over Moreno. What a dumb move on my part.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I gifted you some points swapping Bess at the last minute over Moreno. What a dumb move on my part.

Well, not a terrible call going against the Pats pass defense, but yeah, that 1.8 from Bess is the only reason I have a chance.

I'm in a similar boat with you needing Cruz to perform poorly tonight. But yeah, he's likely to dominate tonight :(

/brohug

KT

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
I am at a cross road here...

I can start either Alf Morris or Bradshaw tonight...

I am down by 2 points and the other guy has Santana Moss...

If I win I am 2nd seed...
If I lose...I am out of the playoffs...

WHO.DO.I.START :)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
yes, I was wrong :eek:

completely different player than last year(watch him and DMC blow up next year when I actively avoid them both :))

Ryan Matthews has always sucked, despite one limited part-time value during one season throughout his short career.

I have no idea why people continue to draft him....at least, before the 10th or 15th round..

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Lol, you have a 38 year old backup qb with no deep ball and a injured receiver core. Who the hell else did you think he would be throwing to? Miller has been fantasy gold this year, unless you have another top 5 TE on your roster, NOT playing Miller was just plain idiotic.

To be fair I don't have to play a TE. The flex spot is WR/TE/RB. Miller has been low single digits since rothlisburger was out. He is normally my flex depending on how my RBs are doing, otherwise a RB goes in flex.

So I started 4 WR (3 required, 1 flex).

Julio Jones
Hackeem Nicks
TY Hilton
Pierre Garcon

Before the game those were all much better choices than Miller, playing away, in Baltimore. He's been sitting on my bench since Ben has been out.

Last edited:

tHa ShIzNiT

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2000
funny thing is, norv will be gone soon...causing people to again inflate mathews' value. fantasy-wise, he is nonexistent to me. I live in san diego and fully believe that he (and a few others on the team, but him especially) doesnt care at all about winning or trying hard this year, maybe next year will be different.

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
Ever see a game that close before?? My team is Brenda's Bulls

score.jpg

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
Damn you Bryce Brown.. why do I have to go up against that! 31.3 points :(

At least I dominated in my other league. 85 to 68 and I still have 3 players left.. he has none.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Ryan Matthews has always sucked, despite one limited part-time value during one season throughout his short career.

I have no idea why people continue to draft him....at least, before the 10th or 15th round..

this is his third year. last year, his second year in the league, he finished 7th among RBs while missing some games. what's so hard to understand? it didn't work out, but this isn't a science

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
this is his third year. last year, his second year in the league, he finished 7th among RBs while missing some games. what's so hard to understand? it didn't work out, but this isn't a science

Right he was pretty good last year. I certainly didn't regret picking him in the early 3rd round. I can see why people would pick him up again this year. But it seems like the Chargers' locker room has been infected by some serious lack of dedication to the game. At best, he's a flex play now.

Looking ahead to next week - do I play the HOU defense against the Pats? Or do I shop the FA list?

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Down by 1.36 points and I still have Eli tonight. I sure hope Bad Eli doesn't rear his ugly face tonight. :p

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
Yes me and one guy had exact points going into Monday. I think it was 112.24, he had forte and I had Marshall.

Wow, ever since we switched to fractional scoring there has never been a tie. The tie breakers in a playoff matchup are BS (most TDs scored) which was the reason for the change.

kstu

Golden Member
Feb 23, 2004
I need a huge game from AlMo tonight, but I don't think that's going to happen. Need around 20 points! Definitely closer than I would have expected though man. GG and good luck in the next round. :)

KT
at the time you were up like 10 and my team was done after the early games. figured the only way to turn things around was to make a post like that. still gonna be a nail biter.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
at the time you were up like 10 and my team was done after the early games. figured the only way to turn things around was to make a post like that. still gonna be a nail biter.

Ahh, I was out of town and did not really get a chance to look at anything too closely. Used the free Arby's wi-fi to check the ESPN app, but at that point I think I was even farther behind. It is closer than I expected, but don't agree that it will be nail-biter unfortunately.

KT

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Keep Brandon Myers or Heath Miller? Is it an obvious choice or are they both about the same?

I think they're close. Myers has somewhat more favorable matchups, but the Steelers will be fighting for a wild card.

I'd almost keep both if only to play keep-away. Only drop one if you absolutely must.

Jun 19, 2004
I am at a cross road here...

I can start either Alf Morris or Bradshaw tonight...

I am down by 2 points and the other guy has Santana Moss...

If I win I am 2nd seed...
If I lose...I am out of the playoffs...

WHO.DO.I.START :)

I preface this by saying that I'm no expert on this (obviously), so take advice from me accordingly accordingly.

Alf would be my pick (despite me benching him for Murray, but that was on a gamble because I could).

Bradshaw will have Wilson eating into his touches, maybe not a lot, but he'll still be there. Skins pass defense is weak, so I think Giants will make this more of a passing game. that said, I still think Bradshaw will put up 12-16 points (in standard league scoring). Morris, in my opinion, will do that, or better.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I need Eli to pull off a great game or RG3 to have a stinker. Go Manning.

I doubt RG3 will have a stinker, my bet would be RG3 scores more points than Eli.

I just need a high scoring game to seal my playoff fate - Garcon and Nicks to get big, opponent has Giants defense...down by 10. I've got a good shot, maybe 50/50.

1st time in forever where if I put different players in I would win. 32 points sitting on my bench with two players who I would normally start (Vick Ballard, Heath Miller).

Freaking Dallas Defense - they were supposed to be plenty of points against the eagles...nope. Nobody could have predicted that or even thought it possible in that game.

Last edited:

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
I preface this by saying that I'm no expert on this (obviously), so take advice from me accordingly accordingly.

Alf would be my pick (despite me benching him for Murray, but that was on a gamble because I could).

Bradshaw will have Wilson eating into his touches, maybe not a lot, but he'll still be there. Skins pass defense is weak, so I think Giants will make this more of a passing game. that said, I still think Bradshaw will put up 12-16 points (in standard league scoring). Morris, in my opinion, will do that, or better.

Thanks for the reply...that is who I decided on (Morris)...we will see who was right!