Oblivion Pics

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

redbox

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2005
Hey wizboy looks nice I wonder If we all can take screenshots right after we are done fast traveling to a town that way all the shots are as close as we all can get them to being the same.

TheRyuu

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2005
Originally posted by: redbox
Hey wizboy looks nice I wonder If we all can take screenshots right after we are done fast traveling to a town that way all the shots are as close as we all can get them to being the same.

Alright :) PM Me?

Got a couple more. Hopefully these have more....well you know:
Pic6 <-Me in Kickass Armor
Pic7
Pic8 <-Day Time
Pic9 <-Day Time
Pic10 <Also Day Time

A little off topic but I also just got a new router (WRT54GL) and I'm having a lot of fun playing with the DD-WRT firmware I just put on it. Oblivion...Router...Oblivion...Router...which one to choose :p

Noema

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
Originally posted by: gersson
Here are some more!

As always, HDR+4xAA, 16xHQAF

This time, with framerates! (doh! should have done that from the begining!)

AND Finally:

9 Mug shot

Looks like Brad Pitt :D

Haha, pretty cool gersson .

By the way, how did you get your character to look like that? Mine always end up looking like Neanderthals...

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Noema
Here are some more!

As always, HDR+4xAA, 16xHQAF

This time, with framerates! (doh! should have done that from the begining!)

AND Finally:

9 Mug shot

Looks like Brad Pitt :D

Haha, pretty cool gersson .

By the way, how did you get your character to look like that? Mine always end up looking like Neanderthals...

A lot of patience... :D

Its kinda random. Plus I'm an artist/musician so I have a natural decerning eye O_O

redbox

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2005
Looks good gersson. How do your cards handle 6XAA with everything else on also?

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
because of the multisampling involved with 6xAA (4xaa+2 multisample) there's a big hit. Enabling Performance AA is also kinda stressful. Using Quality AAA disabled crossfire in oblivion (beta drivers :()

Overall Adaptive AA is not really needed in this game. There are no fences :)

MiranoPoncho

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2004
Nice looking game! not trying to threadjack or anything, but how does one do a volt mod for the 1900xt or is that done via ati tool?

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Originally posted by: MiranoPoncho
Nice looking game! not trying to threadjack or anything, but how does one do a volt mod for the 1900xt or is that done via ati tool?

Done via ATITool.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Some Oblivion screens:
Settings: 1280x1024, HDR, no AA(never tried the Chuck patch), AF (can't remember if it's HQAF or even any AF cause I uninstalled already), self shadows off, uGridstoload = 10, various water and texture mods.

The game looks really nice. Better than most I've seen. My favourite screen is probably the second last one.

click

click

click

click

click

click

click

click

click

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: thilan29
Some Oblivion screens:
Settings: 1280x1024, HDR, no AA(never tried the Chuck patch), 8AF (can't remember if it's HQAF or not cause I uninstalled already), self shadows off, uGridstoload = 10, various water and texture mods.

The game looks really nice. Better than most I've seen. My favourite screen is probably the second last one.

click

click

click

click

click

click

click

click

click

Nice pics, though I'd turn on AF in CCC if I were you...

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
my roomates have a 52" widescreen DLP w/a XBOX hooked up, playing oblivion on there basically 24/7 :)

Problem is..once you see that you NEVER want to go back and play a game like that on a normal monitor :(

darketernal

Sep 18, 2006
Ok, here are my shots. Taken @ 1680x1050 HDR + 4xAA, 16xHQAF, many mods for beautification. This is how I really play -- I get about 35 - 60 fps constant. I average 50 fps.

These are HQ Jpgs

really nice, i have to play at 10x7 with med-hi settings , outside i only get 25-35 fps

Nightmare225

Golden Member
May 20, 2006
Originally posted by: flexy
my roomates have a 52" widescreen DLP w/a XBOX hooked up, playing oblivion on there basically 24/7 :)

Problem is..once you see that you NEVER want to go back and play a game like that on a normal monitor :(

Ya, but it just doesn't look as sharp. ;)

40sTheme

Golden Member
Sep 24, 2006
You know, I really don't know why people use HDR right now. I don't like it, no matter how much it is tweaked. =s I guess i'm just weird... all I do is mess with the bloom settings until they look nice. I'm not going to use HDR until DX10. DX10 HDR = close to perfect.