Pic 21
Pic 22
Pic 23
Pic 24
Pic 25
Pic 26
Pic 27
Pic 28

4xAA+HDR/16xHQAF/max settings/1680x1050. There is no Adaptive AA, pictures were taken using the print screen in bmp then converted to jpg and sized down to 1280x1024. Sorry if there is alot of charater shots as I was trying different types of armor mods and such. If anyone wants more outside pics or first-person view pics, let me know.

luigionlsd

Jan 21, 2005
Grats... nice pics! I played the game for a short while on my 6800 Ultra, and also the 360 version for about 2 hours. Getting the game soon and hopefully it'll play and look decent on a 7900 GT. Nice rig!

josh6079

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2006
Originally posted by: Cabages
What exactly is adaptive AA anyway?

AA on alpha textures. It is like Nvidias Transparency AA.

For Oblivion it has its uses for things like the leaves on the trees and if you look closely at some of the arrows or decorations on some armor. However, it isn't that noticable for this game so I leave it off and get some performance slack for it.

josh6079

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2006
I also have these ones comparing the difference between HQAF and regular AF. Also, when I took these two I caught the grass randomization that Oblivion uses.

AF

HQAF

Notice how the rock to the right gets more detailed towards the center and the tree looks sharper. The grass also moves, I did not. I took on screenshot right after a loaded save, exited the game, enabled HQ, reset the driver, restarted Tray Tools, loaded the same save and took another screenshot.

keysplayer2003, if you see these do you think you could setup the nifty thing you did with nitro's pics? And if not, could you show me how to do that? It's better to compare things like this if you don't have to close the picture, look for the other link, and open another one.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Originally posted by: josh6079
I also have these ones comparing the difference between HQAF and regular AF. Also, when I took these two I caught the grass randomization that Oblivion uses.

AF

HQAF

Notice how the rock to the right gets more detailed towards the center and the tree looks sharper. The grass also moves, I did not. I took on screenshot right after a loaded save, exited the game, enabled HQ, reset the driver, restarted Tray Tools, loaded the same save and took another screenshot.

keysplayer2003, if you see these do you think you could setup the nifty thing you did with nitro's pics? And if not, could you show me how to do that? It's better to compare things like this if you don't have to close the picture, look for the other link, and open another one.

Sure Josh. I can do it tomorrow after work. I'll set up an FTP account for you. I will PM you shortly with the login info. Just be sure to name each picture appropriately so I don't mix them up.

zylander

Platinum Member
Aug 25, 2002
damn that looks nice. really shows me what Im missing by playing Oblivion with a 6600gt. what kind of armor/cloathing is your character wearing in pics 23 and 24?

josh6079

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2006
Originally posted by: keysplayr2003
Sure Josh. I can do it tomorrow after work. I'll set up an FTP account for you. I will PM you shortly with the login info. Just be sure to name each picture appropriately so I don't mix them up.

Awesome, thanks keys.

Originally posted by: zylander
damn that looks nice. really shows me what Im missing by playing Oblivion with a 6600gt. what kind of armor/cloathing is your character wearing in pics 23 and 24?

Light Braided Armor

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Ok, here are my shots. Taken @ 1680x1050 HDR + 4xAA, 16xHQAF, many mods for beautification. This is how I really play -- I get about 35 - 60 fps constant. I average 50 fps.

These are HQ Jpgs

josh6079

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2006
Pretty nice gersson. How much of an impact would Adaptive AA do to your rig? Like I said, it isn't really needed with this game, but if you are getting 50 frames average.....

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I'd prob have to do some exchange. 2xAAA instead of 4xAA for got to mention HDR too [fixed] I like high FPS

Noema

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
Those pictures are mind-blowing, gersson. And I thought Oblivion looked good in my rig! CF'ered x1900XTXs are a force to be reckoned with, I gather! :D

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
Originally posted by: Noema
Those pictures are mind-blowing, gersson. And I thought Oblivion looked good in my rig! CF'ered x1900XTXs are a force to be reckoned with, I reckon.

Yeah, makes my x850xt very small :(

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Powermoloch
Those pictures are mind-blowing, gersson. And I thought Oblivion looked good in my rig! CF'ered x1900XTXs are a force to be reckoned with, I reckon.

Yeah, makes my x850xt very small :(
hehe i must be getting spoiled... Im hoping for more eye candy :D

Those pictures are mind-blowing, gersson. And I thought Oblivion looked good in my rig! CF'ered x1900XTXs are a force to be reckoned with, I gather! :D

yeah its great. I was apprehensive about crossfire @ first but it was worth it. Gave me great boost @ my LCDs native res.

josh6079, what LCD are you using? The Viewsonic Widescreen one?

josh6079

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2006
I used to use the 2005FPW, but am now using the 2007. It doesn't have very much banding, but it is still there if I look for it. I love its colors and sharpness, very close to the NEC aside from the banding.

Do the 6.6 drivers do HDR + AA in Oblivion without the chuck patch?

Cabages

Platinum Member
Jan 1, 2006
Hmmm...

I was looking for something I could enable that would make it look better. I have everything maxed at my monitors highest res, and I want to get the most out of it.

Just some gameplay questions:

I dont want to know exactly where the Umbra sword is, but do you get it in a quest? Or is it just in some random cave?

What is shadowmere? I heard its something to do with the dark brotherhood?

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
Hmmm...

I was looking for something I could enable that would make it look better. I have everything maxed at my monitors highest res, and I want to get the most out of it.

Just some gameplay questions:

I dont want to know exactly where the Umbra sword is, but do you get it in a quest? Or is it just in some random cave?

What is shadowmere? I heard its something to do with the dark brotherhood?

1.She's at an alyeid ruin.

1. Shadowmere is a horse....rightfully earned if you earned enough rank at the Dark Brotherhood.

redbox

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2005
Ok after seeing these on the net I can now say that they looked alot better on your screen I think it would be better if you could find a place to host them where you could put up files big enough to show the full resolution. Good job though.

Everyone, as an added bonus Josh6079 is going to help me install the same mods he has and everything on my machine(a volt modded 7800gt 530/1300) and we're going to see just how good the Nvidia IQ can get with this game. We won't be looking at fps just IQ seeing as Nvidia's ultra high end cards won't have much problem running at good fps, i.e. the 7950GX2. They do, however, have the same IQ that my card should have so this will be basicly a no-holds-bar IQ comparison. I can't wait to see the pretty pics! :heart:

redbox

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2005
You cant do HDR+AA with Nvidia though, can you?

Depends who you ask. Gstanfor seams to think you can, but just about everyone else says you can't review sites included. No one that I know has gotten it to work execpt with source engines that use a completly different type of HDR.

Gersson to help us out do you think you could put all of the eye candy on that your xfire rig will do? Also, what mods if any do you have on? Josh is trying to put the same exact ones that he used onto my machine. There are some mods that I just can't run. In example josh has a texture mod that I just can't use with only a 256mb card. This is where owners of the 7900gtx and 7950GX2 will benifit. I want to see just how pretty this game can get.