Obduction & Divinity Original Sin 2 GPU Tests (GameGPU)

Sweepr

Diamond Member
May 12, 2006
2_2.jpg

Obduction-Win64-Shipping_2016_09_07_09_34_19_083.jpg

1_2.jpg

Obduction 4K Screenshots

o_1920.jpg

o_2560.jpg

o_3840.jpg

o_vram.jpg

The recommended volume for the use of video resolution of 1920x1080 would be 4096 MB of video memory, to allow 2560h1440 - 6144 MB of video memory and to allow 3840h2160 about 6144 MB of video memory.

dv2_1920.png

dv2_2560.png

dv2_3840.png

http://gamegpu.com/rpg/роллевые/obduction-test-gpu
http://gamegpu.com/rpg/роллевые/divinity-original-sin-2-test-gpu

Reactions: ShintaiDK

Mondozei

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2013
Old GK104 beating the RX 470. GTX980 beats a Fury X. GTX 960 matches a 290X. GTX780TI matching a Fury X.

Ouch.

The only ouch here is on the part of the devs. Divinity has a much more even performance profile, meaning that the devs of that game have actually done their work without any overt bias to any vendor.

It's comments like that which is why this forum is regressing into fanboyhood at times. A poorly optimised/one-sided game is now taken as a proof to bash AMD. It's no wonder that the people who run this site don't even frequent the forums anymore, they are all at beyond3d instead. Maybe that isn't such a bad idea.

Last edited:

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
The take

The only ouch here is on the part of the devs. Divinity has a much more even performance profile, meaning that the devs of that game have actually done their work without any overt bias to any vendor.

It's comments like that which is why this forum is regressing into fanboyhood at times. A poorly optimised/one-sided game is now taken as a proof to bash AMD. It's no wonder that the people who run this site don't even frequent the forums anymore, they are all at beyond3d instead. Maybe that isn't such a bad idea.

Wow. And, "is regressing" ?? It's done, for a long time now. And it's all the time.
But on topic, I'm not sure I understand your comment as it seems to be self conflicting. At first you say,

"Divinity has a much more even performance profile, meaning that the devs of that game have actually done their work without any over bias to any vendor."

Then you say,

"A poorly optimised/one-sided game is not taken as a proof to bash AMD."

Just wondering what Divinity is to you. A game with a much more even performance profile that the devs knew what they were doing? Or a poorly optimised/one-sided game? I don't see how it can be both. Unless I'm completely missing the context or you misspoke...?

And is your observation of obduction's performance solely based on the variances between Nvidia and AMD scores? How do you know that Obduction was coded poorly and Divinity was coded in a well balanced manner? How do you know, off the cuff, that Obduction doesn't just favor one architecture over another, and Divinity isn't as architecture dependent?

Unless you thoroughly researched this?

Unreal123

Jul 27, 2016
These are the results 100% you will see when a game is made on PC first or for PC only. AMD is only competitive because of Consoles.

flamebaiting is not allowed
Markfw900

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ShintaiDK

showb1z

Dec 30, 2010

It actually got a bit better for a couple of weeks. But now a certain somebody is back and redoubling his efforts.
I'm not quite sure why a handful of people are allowed to twist and spin every single topic around here into the same Nvidia vs AMD drivel, killing any possibility of interesting discussion. So tiresome to read.

Unreal123

Jul 27, 2016
It actually got a bit better for a couple of weeks. But now a certain somebody is back and redoubling his efforts.
I'm not quite sure why a handful of people are allowed to twist and spin every single topic around here into the same Nvidia vs AMD drivel, killing any possibility of interesting discussion. So tiresome to read.
Your tone would have been totally different if AMD was top on those charts. That is why double standards is reason today AMD is minority in PC gaming.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
I can honestly say please don't judge AMD on it's performance in Obduction, really. One person I have known very well for a very long time works at Cyan and from what I know it's amazing they spent much time getting it to run on AMD (no knock on AMD either), they are that shorthanded. The game was put together on a shoestring crew and IMO it shouldn't have even been released yet. Heck, even high end GTX (1070, 1080) are having problems on it, just not to the extent AMD is having. As shorthanded as Cyan is right now I just don't see anything changing any time soon. IMO the only reason Nvidia is doing well is because of Gameworks... without it they would probably run just like AMD...lol!

It's a beautiful game and an interesting spin from Myst, but be warned if you are buying it and have an AMD GPU. It's a double hex if you have an AMD CPU & GPU...

Goatsecks

May 7, 2012

Welcome to cesspool that is the Anand forums. (Life pro tip: there is no possibility of having an interesting discussion on this forum).

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
Welps...that was fun.

I'm just going to assume optimizations still need to be done, yada yada, AMD will fix it, yada yada.

I need to drink more water. Will say, funny to see it took just one post turn this thread into a salt mine. People can just ignore it, you know? Stay on topic?

Alqoxzt

Dec 12, 2014
These are the results 100% you will see when a game is made on PC first or for PC only. AMD is only competitive because of Consoles.

flamebaiting is not allowed
Markfw900
Just completely wrong and blatant assumption .
ue4 is well known as being wired for nv and the game have good visuals (though plastic look due to ue4) but then the boring gameplay.

Last edited:

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
looking at the Obduction charts and first impression is whether this is an Unreal Engine game and it is

I did have a little time with the game. Every time I see Unreal Engine 4's logo, I get happy and sad at the same time. Happy because I know it's gonna be shiny, sad because I know AMD owners are screwed. Epic always loved Nvidia, what else is new?

The prospect of getting a Vega card only to have similar performance as my 970 in UE4 games, is not very appealing.

BTW I uploaded a gameplay video on my 970 at epic settings, 1080p, for anyone intersted. Technically it is more of a browsing around the first level, than a gameplay. Oh well.

Obduction - PC Gameplay

Reactions: gradoman
Aug 11, 2008
Wow. And, "is regressing" ?? It's done, for a long time now. And it's all the time.
But on topic, I'm not sure I understand your comment as it seems to be self conflicting. At first you say,

"Divinity has a much more even performance profile, meaning that the devs of that game have actually done their work without any over bias to any vendor."

Then you say,

"A poorly optimised/one-sided game is not taken as a proof to bash AMD."

Just wondering what Divinity is to you. A game with a much more even performance profile that the devs knew what they were doing? Or a poorly optimised/one-sided game? I don't see how it can be both. Unless I'm completely missing the context or you misspoke...?

And is your observation of obduction's performance solely based on the variances between Nvidia and AMD scores? How do you know that Obduction was coded poorly and Divinity was coded in a well balanced manner? How do you know, off the cuff, that Obduction doesn't just favor one architecture over another, and Divinity isn't as architecture dependent?

Unless you thoroughly researched this?

Yea, cherry picking benchmarks is certainly not limited to supporters of one side or the other, nor is deriding a benchmark that does not fit one's agenda.

Azix

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2014
These games are fine with those framerates. especially divinity. usually cap that at 60 in the first one. 45 if I want to save more power.

Obduction is probably the least unreal looking unreal engine game I have seen.

Last edited:

Alqoxzt

Dec 12, 2014
These games are fine with those framerates. especially divinity. usually cap that at 60 in the first one. 45 if I want to save more power.

Obduction is probably the least unreal looking unreal engine game I have seen.
1_2.jpg

you see there ....... rocks still looking plastic :sweatsmile:

USER8000

Golden Member
Jun 23, 2012
Look at the framerates for Divinity - even a GTX770 or R9 280X looks fine at 1920X1080. It certain better than what I get with my GTX960 4GB with Fallout 4 and that is perfectly playable at 1920X1080.

Obduction looks somewhat more hardware intensive! :p

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Obduction looks somewhat more hardware intensive! :p
At 1920x1080, Obduction pushes my 1070 up to ~72C. Doom pushes it to ~70C. With Obduction, I also get occasional stuttering which I'm pretty sure comes from overworking my older CPU.