OBama's response to the Zimmerman verdict. WTF?!

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Beyond that it is likely GZ did stop following and begin to head back to his car after the 911 operator told him "we don't need you to do that" after asking "are you following him?". GZ did say, "Ok" following that operators famous words. We also know professionals involved have attested to GZ's honesty in his recollection of what occurred.

Of course before the 911 said "we don't need you to do that" the operater had previously asked, "he's running, which way is he running?" and "what entrance is that he's [TM] heading towards?". It's understandable GZ decided to answer those questions by physically moving to provide an answer, the context of follow was important because it wasn't malicious in nature and clearly the 911 conversation shows that.

Actually the NEN said "Let me know if he does anything else" and After GZ says "he's running", NEN asked "Which way is he running?" GZ could see perfectly from his truck the direction he was running and also knew which entrance (the back one) they always ran to previously. He actually had no reason to get out of his truck to see. They (NEN) never IIRC, asked which entrance.

Nov 8, 2012
Beyond that it is likely GZ did stop following and begin to head back to his car after the 911 operator told him "we don't need you to do that" after asking "are you following him?". GZ did say, "Ok" following that operators famous words. We also know professionals involved have attested to GZ's honesty in his recollection of what occurred.

Of course before the 911 said "we don't need you to do that" the operater had previously asked, "he's running, which way is he running?" and "what entrance is that he's [TM] heading towards?". It's understandable GZ decided to answer those questions by physically moving to provide an answer, the context of follow was important because it wasn't malicious in nature, it was discovery, and clearly the 911 conversation shows that.

Don't boil down to their level and act like we know the events. Stick to the facts, ma'am ;)

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Actually the NEN said "Let me know if he does anything else" and After GZ says "he's running", NEN asked "Which way is he running?" GZ could see perfectly from his truck the direction he was running and also knew which entrance (the back one) they always ran to previously. He actually had no reason to get out of his truck to see. They (NEN) never IIRC, asked which entrance.

What are you talking about?

"they always ran to previously"? Who are "they"? Is "they" = neighborhood thugs who committed crimes around the neighborhood in the past? That's what your sentence sounds like. Are you saying Martin followed the same path as all the others because you believe he was the one who committed the past crimes?

Must be, because how else can your mind guarantee that Martin ran to the exact same place that "they always ran to previously"?

And it's not at all possible someone who believes he is being followed to change up the routine and go a different direction than "they always ran to previously"?

That's your argument?

They (NEN) never IIRC, asked which entrance.
Maybe you need to go back and re-listen to the 911 call and re-read the transcript. Your memory is fuzzy.

Last edited:

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Funny how BO and Democrat/black policians did not say anything about blacks slaughtering other blacks on a daily basic.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
What are you talking about?

"they always ran to previously"? Who are "they"? Is "they" = neighborhood thugs who committed crimes around the neighborhood in the past? That's what your sentence sounds like. Are you saying Martin followed the same path as all the others because you believe he was the one who committed the past crimes?

Must be, because how else can your mind guarantee that Martin ran to the exact same place that "they always ran to previously"?

And it's not at all possible someone who believes he is being followed to change up the routine and go a different direction than "they always ran to previously"?

That's your argument?

Maybe you need to go back and re-listen to the 911 call and re-read the transcript. Your memory is fuzzy.

"They always ran to previously" is what GZ said, the "suspects" always left using the back entrance. I'm using GZ's own words/paraphrasing, does that make it sound racist to you? GZ knew what entrance it was, he didn't need to go look, he knew which entrance.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Hopefully one of the things to result from this case is a hard look at police operators. Rather than saying "We don't need you to do that" which to me is a means of avoiding liability, a better practice would be to flat-out say "We need you to not follow him because it increases the chance that you or someone else will be irrevocably injured or killed for no good reason."

I don't think Zimmerman broke any laws by following where Martin disappeared, but it's unarguable that had he not done so, the lives of everyone concerned would be materially better.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
"They always ran to previously" is what GZ said, the "suspects" always left using the back entrance. I'm using GZ's own words/paraphrasing, does that make it sound racist to you? GZ knew what entrance it was, he didn't need to go look, he knew which entrance.

If Zimmerman said that, fine, doesn't change the fact that the direction Zimmerman believes he is headed is in fact the direction Martin actually is heading. That's why he wanted to follow him, to make sure the police could catch Martin. Zimmerman asked for the incoming police officer to call Zimmerman directly on his cell phone as soon as the officer could. He wants the police to catch him and find out what he is doing in the neighborhood.

It's insane how anyone turns this evidence around to believe Zimmerman's intention the whole time is to shoot Martin dead. No. You have to be a total psychopath with a rehearsed plan to pull that off 911 call. No.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
Hopefully one of the things to result from this case is a hard look at police operators. Rather than saying "We don't need you to do that" which to me is a means of avoiding liability, a better practice would be to flat-out say "We need you to not follow him because it increases the chance that you or someone else will be irrevocably injured or killed for no good reason."

Couldn't agree more given the situational awareness that needs to be made explicitly clear between the parties present and for which GZ was arguably short on.

911 transcript for those who haven't read through http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
If Zimmerman said that, fine, doesn't change the fact that the direction Zimmerman believes he is headed is in fact the direction Martin actually is heading. That's why he wanted to follow him, to make sure the police could catch Martin. Zimmerman asked for the incoming police officer to call Zimmerman directly on his cell phone as soon as the officer could. He wants the police to catch him and find out what he is doing in the neighborhood.

It's insane how anyone turns this evidence around to believe Zimmerman's intention the whole time is to shoot Martin dead. No. You have to be a total psychopath with a rehearsed plan to pull that off 911 call. No.

Let me clarify. GZ in previous calls to nen stated the "suspects" always left using the back entrance, I never meant to imply he said it in the call to nen in this case. What I meant is there was no reason for him to get out of his truck to see which direction he was going since he could see from his truck in all directions and he knew which entrance the "suspects" had used in the past.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Nov 8, 2012
Is it funny because of how wrong you are or is funny because that's what your first thought was?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/05/22/black-attack-on-obama/

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2013/07/16/1224031/-Yeah-and-about-that-Black-on-Black-Crime-Thing

Btw, black on black crime is slightly higher than white on white crime.

Btw, blacks only make up a mere 13-17% of the US population, yet beat out the remaining $80%+ with those stats you just admitted to being "slightly highler". Now imagine if we rolled those numbers up as if the population % was equal :biggrin:

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
Let me clarify. GZ in previous calls to nen stated the "suspects" always left using the back entrance, I never meant to imply he said it in the call to nen in this case. What I meant is there was no reason for him to get out of his truck to see which direction he was going since he could see from his truck in all directions and he knew which entrance the "suspects" had used in the past.

We have to consider what it means to take away GZ's right to get out of the truck in this and other situations.

What does that say about the person GZ saw, about GZ's rights, about our culture?

I personally don't see the fuss about getting out of the truck unless GZ had malicious intent. Malicious intent is something I don't see anywhere on the part of GZ and nowhere has it been proven within any reasonable construct of what occurred.

This thing still comes down to the assault and it's still the least talked about subject for a number of folks making wild claims about the cases ramifications for our society.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Is it funny because of how wrong you are or is funny because that's what your first thought was?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/05/22/black-attack-on-obama/

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2013/07/16/1224031/-Yeah-and-about-that-Black-on-Black-Crime-Thing

Btw, black on black crime is slightly higher than white on white crime.

Did BO and Democrats say anything about the current slaughtered of blacks by other blacks in Chicago recently? Did BO say if he has a son, his son will be like one of the black boy being killed by other black boys in Chicago? Just saying.

Oh, the link you posted was about BO talked about stop making excuses. He did not say anything about the slaughters in Chicago.

BTW, I do LOL at your "SLIGHTLY higher than" statement. Another poster already debunked your statement. Where did you learn stats from? Yeah, I am slighly behind L. James/K. Bryan in basketball too. :whiste:

According to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) non-Hispanic blacks accounted for 39.4% of the total prison and jail population in 2009.[46][not in citation given] According to the 2010 census of the US Census Bureau blacks (including Hispanic blacks) comprised 13.6% of the US population.

Yes, slightly higher indeed. :D

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Did BO and Democrats say anything about the current slaughtered of blacks by other blacks in Chicago recently? Did BO say if he has a son, his son will be like one of the black boy being killed by other black boys in Chicago? Just saying.

Oh, the link you posted was about BO talked about stop making excuses. He did not say anything about the slaughters in Chicago.

BTW, I do LOL at your "SLIGHTLY higher than" statement. Another poster already debunked your statement. Where did you learn stats from? Yeah, I am slighly behind L. James/K. Bryan in basketball too. :whiste:

Yes, slightly higher indeed. :D

Lol goal posts moved again!

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Lol goal posts moved again!

LOL @ your previous link that could not debunk my statement of BO did not say anything about the slaughters in Chicago. When/if you provide links(s), at least be honest and provide good one(s).

Moving goal post indeed, from you.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
LOL @ your previous link that could not debunk my statement of BO did not say anything about the slaughters in Chicago. When/if you provide links(s), at least be honest and provide good one(s).

Moving goal post indeed, from you.

Can you point to the word "Chicago" in the post of yours I quoted?

Lol, keep spinning!

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999

And yet, as far as we can tell, TM didn't use the back entrance. Which means, GZs concerns about keeping an eye on him were right on. Next...

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Can you point to the word "Chicago" in the post of yours I quoted?

Lol, keep spinning!

From your OWN <first> link, it said:

the President said it is time to stop using racism and discrimination &#8211; though they still exist &#8211; to excuse bad personal decisions that block success.

NOTHING about blacks slaughtering other blacks on a daily basis as I said previously.

At least be smart enough and get link(s) to support your statement or debunk the other side, ok? Also ,which city has the highest number of blacks slaughtered other blacks recently beside Chicago? Do I have to spell everything out S-L-O-W-L-Y for you? You do know that the TM trial was in Florida, right? I don't have to spell it out for you, right? Did you go to the same school as DeeDee/Rachel Jeantel /TM's bootie call? :biggrin:

You were saying something about spinning?

Last edited:

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Do you strive to be incorruptible's equal? It sure seems like it;)

Is that all you've got? Maybe you should try using the ole "I'm pulling it out of my ass" excuse as usual you dance around in circles rather than showing anything that proves your claims. I'm beginning to think you're either a pathological liar or someone that thinks if you tell the same old bullshit enough times it becomes the truth.