Obama's Muslim Faith

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Perknose
Listen to your own link, Prof

The topic is the right talking about Obama being a Muslim.

Obama (whew! typing those whole 5 letters is exhausting, loki ) says,

"You're absolutely right that John McCain [himself] has not talked about 'my muslim faith'

"Christian faith"

"Well, what I'm saying is that he hasn't suggested that I'm Muslim."

It's a damn lie to suggest that Obama slipped and referred to himself as a Muslim, he DID NOT.

It's a damn idiot that sits back and thinks Obama is some great man and can't question anything he says or does.
I can't stand Obama and that much is clear, BUT I am not a 100% all or nothing McCain supporter. I was a Ron Paul supporter but now I have to choose the lesser of 2 evils.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski

It's a right-wing made up personthat sits back and thinks Obama is some great man and can't question anything he says or does.

Fixed.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski
Originally posted by: jpeyton
He said, quite clearly, that McCain hasn't directly accused him of having a "Muslim faith". He even clarifies it. Anyone with two brain cells can see that.

Raise your hands if you can't.

Also, the title is completely out of context; even the story you linked says he didn't admit it.

"My Muslim faith"

Actual, exact, quoted text from a Jeffrey post, and proof Jeffrey is Muslim.

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
When you speak at 4-5 campaign events a day (sometimes less depending on the state), for nearly an hour each... and then to be slammed with dozens of reporters, then on the plane with those same reporters, then filling out paperwork, making phone calls, then coming up with new policies and planning down the road for future campaign events. Just thinking about the growing grocery list of geopolitical & domestic policys and plans that Obama will have to address is mind boggling. There is so much room for gaffes. At this point I don't see how ether Obama or McCain haven't gone crazy yet.

People who follow this Muslim gaffe (in which he corrected right away) are complete idiots.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Oh noes hussein!

Originally posted by: chowderhead
Originally posted by: Lemon law
It was a simple slip of the tongue, and now a very few people want to make a mountain out of a molehill.

but if McCain does it, it would mean that McCain is getting too old or senile.

This, and we have threads of on an exponential number to prove it.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: jpeyton
He said, quite clearly, that McCain hasn't directly accused him of having a "Muslim faith". He even clarifies it. Anyone with two brain cells can see that.

Raise your hands if you can't.

Also, the title is completely out of context; even the story you linked says he didn't admit it.

Anyone with 2 brain cells wouldn't post or link half the crap you do; yet our murdering soldiers are looking forwards to today's edition!

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
I doubt I would vote for a Muslim, but B(remove the middle letter)O is clearly not one.

This is stupid.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: OrByte
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: aka1nas
The video is chopped.
Like it or not he actually did say it.
longer link

so you think he is muslim?

yes or no?

Obama thought so or at least he said so.
McCain said his wife was a cvnt.

I guess she is, he said so right?

Audio or vids?
He doesn't deny it If he did I'm sure he spent many a night sleeping on the couch.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: lupi

Anyone with 2 brain cells wouldn't post or link half the crap you do; yet our murdering soldiers are looking forwards to today's edition!

Guess that excludes you, lupi. :laugh:

But if you're so concerned about our troops, why aren't you pissed at your Traitor In Chief? As of 9/5/08, he and his cabal of traitors, murderers, torturers, war criminals and war profiteers have murdered 4,155 of them in their war of LIES in Iraq, and left tens of thousands more American troops wounded, scarred and disabled for life.
rose.gif
:(

And why aren't you pissed at his clone, John McCain, a putz who was one of the first to PIMP the Bushwhackos' war of LIES? Even your single brain cell should remember, he's the same jackass who brags about voting with your Traitor In Chief 90% of the time and keeps promising more of the same, Yet, he the same jackass who voted against funding adequate treatment for those troops who weren't patriotic enough to die, instead of coming home to burden us with their need for extensive care. :(

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
The video is chopped.
longer link

yes or no?

Audio or vids?
He doesn't deny it If he did I'm sure he spent many a night sleeping on the couch.

To be fair to McCain, using that "non-denial" as evidence that he did say it is about as valid as using Obama's "My Muslim faith" video to verify that he is one.

Both are stupid things to focus on for a couple of reasons:

1. Neither is a disqualifier for the Office of President under the guidelines set forth in the Constitution

2. Both require the person on the receiving end to be brain dead to reach either conclusion based on the full context of the videos.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Lemon law
It was a simple slip of the tongue, and now a very few people want to make a mountain out of a molehill.

exactly. It was obviously just a slip and is being used by the outer most fringe to suggest he "admitted" something. It's really not important and really wasn't anything anyway.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: deftron
U.S. Constitution - Article 6

"no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

McCain supporters must not believe in the Constitution!!!

You guys gave my guy hell in the primary, and... oh looky there!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
The video is chopped.
longer link

yes or no?

Audio or vids?

To be fair to McCain, using that "non-denial" as evidence that he did say it is about as valid as using Obama's "My Muslim faith" video to verify that he is one.

Both are stupid things to focus on for a couple of reasons:

1. Neither is a disqualifier for the Office of President under the guidelines set forth in the Constitution

2. Both require the person on the receiving end to be brain dead to reach either conclusion based on the full context of the videos.
Yes to be fair the only sources were anonymous so it should be taken with a grain of salt. I think he does have a fiery temper but I also believe that he isn't stupid and it would be incredibly stupid for him to risk losing the power his wifes fortune gives him by calling her that in front of others.

andy04

Dec 14, 2006
OMG you left loons here @ AT will stop at nothing. He himself admits it and you still try to make yourself believe that hes no muslim. Greatest kool-aid ever made... thats the power of the devil.
Several times I have tried to point ot that his father is muslim, he still has a muslim middle name and that DOES make him muslim too... It a universal natural fact. Even if you are able to fool urself to believe otherwise you will eventually one day came back to your roots.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Listen to your own link, Prof

The topic is the right talking about Obama being a Muslim.

Obama (whew! typing those whole 5 letters is exhausting, loki ) says,

"You're absolutely right that John McCain [himself] has not talked about 'my muslim faith'

"Christian faith"

"Well, what I'm saying is that he hasn't suggested that I'm Muslim."

It's a damn lie to suggest that Obama slipped and referred to himself as a Muslim, he DID NOT.

^^ this. I don't think anyone is suggesting anything other than a gaffe, but I can totally see some 527s using this against him. Videochop FTW.

Spam this on tv and McCain is a lock:

"God damn America"
"My Muslim faith"
"First time proud to be an American"

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: andy04
OMG you left loons here @ AT will stop at nothing. He himself admits it and you still try to make yourself believe that hes no muslim. Greatest kool-aid ever made... thats the power of the devil.
Several times I have tried to point ot that his father is muslim, he still has a muslim middle name and that DOES make him muslim too... It a universal natural fact. Even if you are able to fool urself to believe otherwise you will eventually one day came back to your roots.

You can't be a real person.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005

i think he met his father twice in his life. he was raised mostly by his mom and grandparents. he went to a catholic school in indonesia then went to public school there for a bit, then hs in oahu. how does that make him a muslim?

andy04

Dec 14, 2006
Originally posted by: eskimospy

You can't be a real person.

I am being realistic. Only those who keep their faith strong and dont go with the devil will survive the apocalypse. Sleep off your kool-aid b4 its too late

andy04

Dec 14, 2006
Originally posted by: evident

i think he met his father twice in his life. he was raised mostly by his mom and grandparents. he went to a catholic school in indonesia then went to public school there for a bit, then hs in oahu. how does that make him a muslim?

maybe for once i want to believe in his words. Say his full name... It does literally mean Barack "Beautiful" Obama, BUT it also does signify something. If his father has no effect on his life why did he still keep that middle name?

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: dainthomas
Originally posted by: alchemize
I doubt I would vote for a Muslim, but B(remove the middle letter)O is clearly not one.

This is stupid.

Why?

If you have to ask, you're probably stupid. :p

A "universal natural fact" ??? :confused:

No question about it. You ARE stupid. :thumbsdown:

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
The video is chopped.
longer link

And, like it or not, he "admitted" nothing. It is clear, even from your clip, that he was referring to some on the right calling it his "muslim faith."

He "admitted" nothing. Will YOU stand up and admit this, Prof?

Ding ding ding .... we have a winner.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005

maybe for once i want to believe in his words. Say his full name... It does literally mean Barack "Beautiful" Obama, BUT it also does signify something. If his father has no effect on his life why did he still keep that middle name?

I'm guessing that you can't be an atheist then if your name is James using your twisted logic?