Obama - the obsession

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
So I did a search of "Obama" in the thread titles of this forum. The result reached the max limit of 500 - and that goes back only upto June 26th, 2012! So you can well imagine the actual number of Obama threads. And ofcourse this isn't just about this forum.

Yes sure he is the President and all, so will be discussed a lot. But there is a massive obsession with the guy for some reason, beyond reason. I mean it is to the point that if my bicycle tire is out of air, it is Obama's fault!

I am not defending him. I do not particularly care for him, and did not vote for him in either of the two elections. But I fail to comprehend the level of obsession with him out there. Is he the most obsessed about President in the history of this country? What drives this?

Thoughts?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Obama gone ruined the economy:
stocks-Reagan-Obama.png

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
Yeah, I hear you...there were hardly any threads about Bush during his presidency. /s
As I said I'm not talking just about this forum.

The level of obsession with Obama in America is unlike that of any other Presidents as far as I can tell.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
your obama is a out and out fraud. nullifying fed.law and ushered in a post constitution era. But I'm sure all you metro sexuals are happy with this.

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
I understand dislike of a President. Even great dislike. But with Obama, there is this level of visceral hatred. Pure, raw. That I don't get.

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
Yes sure he is the President and all, so will be discussed a lot. But there is a massive obsession with the guy for some reason, beyond reason. I mean it is to the point that if my bicycle tire is out of air, it is Obama's fault!
This video explains it better than words can:
Kramer - El Presidente

When things are going great, nobody cares who the leader is. When everything is wrong, everybody blames the leader. Right now polls show Obama is the worst president since WW2 - that means people are generally unhappy right now. Before that, Bush was the worst president since WW2 (why does everything stop at WW2?). What do the two have in common? Aside from both being war mongers owned by corporations, both were the leader during periods of economic stagnation/contraction. Before that, who was the "worst" president since WW2? Jimmy Carter. Why? It's because he was the leader while the economy was drowning in stagflation.

It's all about economics.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
moronic chart is moronic.

My opinion is that in general Presidents get too much credit AND blame for the economy, but if one want's to know how people are doing I'd suggest looking at median income rather than some Obama vs. Regan S&P chart.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
My opinion is that in general Presidents get too much credit AND blame for the economy, but if one want's to know how people are doing I'd suggest looking at median income rather than some Obama vs. Regan S&P chart.

The S&P500 is not the economy. In fact, at this point, it's as far from the "economy" as you can get. Stock prices are dependent on a PV of future earnings per share, buy back a shit-ton of shares, then you get more earnings per share, thus, your PV goes up and stock price goes up.

Not to mention the starting point is laughable.

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
I take it you're phising for a "he's black" comment?

:colbert:
I'm not fishing for anything, but I think the race is part of the equation. Not for all of course, but atleast for quite many. I say this as someone who does NOT think racism is the entire reason for the so many issues in the African American community.

My cousin told me the other day that one of his colleagues says that they should rename the White House to Black House. That kinda leaves me speechless, though not entirely surprised

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The amount of Obama threads isn't what is impressive. What is impressive are the amount of Obama threads based upon nothing but BS and complete fabrications.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
The S&P500 is not the economy. In fact, at this point, it's as far from the "economy" as you can get. Stock prices are dependent on a PV of future earnings per share, buy back a shit-ton of shares, then you get more earnings per share, thus, your PV goes up and stock price goes up.

Not to mention the starting point is laughable.

There is an excellent book you may have seen and while dated it's still amusing in it's own way.

How_to_Lie_with_Statistics.jpg

I have a first edition somewhere and in the sixty years since written it's still relevant to tactics too often used, including here.