Obama Suspending Campaigning

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Has she recovered from the injuries she suffered when he threw her under the bus back in April??

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: owensdj
Originally posted by: andy04

Guess who needs to wake up broaden his/her outlook !? this whole election is based on race. Do you seriously believe a white guy could have come this far?

I think if Obama were white and named something like "John Smith," he'd be looking at a landslide victory on November 4th. It wouldn't be nearly as close as this.
If he was white and named John Smith he would have never got the nomination, that is the point some are trying to make.

Look at the numbers. He won states like North Carolina based solely on the black vote. Make him a white guy and split the black vote and Hillary is on the way to the White House.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: chucky2
Originally posted by: Dari
Did I say I hope she dies? Did I say I hope she's gravely ill? Did I say I'm glad if either of those comes true?

Answer: No.

But the fact is that this is the biggest political race in the world, and it's not a slam dunk win for Obama. As such, and due to the huge consequences of losing for either party, I don't take anything at face value - from either side.

I'd say stop slurping anything Obama and get into reality here, but, for many on here, that would necessitate actually being in reality, instead of what is distortedly viewed as such.

There's how you want it to be, and how it is.

The race for POTUS and how that is in reality conducted is what is...how you want it to be is fantasyland.

Chuck

And if he didn't go, Republicans would've been screaming about how insensitive he is...Face it, you don't like the guy so no matter what he does you'll always see it in a negative light.

You are wrong: I'm still undecided on I'm voting Obama or McCain. It doeesn't really matter except for my own personal vote, as I live in Chicagoland...it's going to go Obama here no matter what.

Just because I may still vote for Obama doesn't mean I don't see this for what it could be, and that's some last minute sympathy points right before the election. The difference here is I keep an open mind, where as the Obama slurpers feel sympathetic pain greater than if it were their own grandma.

I'd say, Keep it real, but, this is P&N....an impossibility....

Chuck

It's fine to be a skeptic, but there's no logic behind what you are saying. If he wanted to help his campaign he'd be better off staying on his schedule. Campaign rallies may not sway independents, but they do get his fervent supporters to go out and knock on doors and make phone calls on his behalf.

There's only two weeks to go and there's at least half a dozen swing states up for grabs where he could be campaigning. You really think he'd voluntary choose to take a trip to Hawaii just for a stunt? :roll:

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
I think if Obama were white and named something like "John Smith," he'd be looking at a landslide victory on November 4th. It wouldn't be nearly as close as this.
If he was white and named John Smith he would have never got the nomination, that is the point some are trying to make.

And if McCain were named Sidney Sadaam the Dancing Muslim Monkey and actually an orangutang he would have never got the nomination as well . . . but, please, Prof, your point, if any?

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001

Guess who needs to wake up broaden his/her outlook !? this whole election is based on race. Do you seriously believe a white guy could have come this far?

Look at the numbers. He won states like North Carolina based solely on the black vote. Make him a white guy and split the black vote and Hillary is on the way to the White House.

And he lost states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas because he was black. Sorry, not buying that his race got him the nomination. That's like saying Clinton won the nomination in 1992 against Jesse Jackson because he was white.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Butterbean
Originally posted by: OFFascist
This is the racist one right? :disgust:

Indeed, the white racist granny of the first black president. What a mess

It mist have really hurt her... you bring up a boy like a mother and then he turns around and declares that he is "black" just for his political gains... I feel sorry for her

Awww Look, someone who can talk out of his ass and twist the meaning of everything, thats soo cuteeeee....want a treat?

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

"The black man only succeeds because of white guilt"

You got our hood nearby Prof? I think BB has a rope.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MaxisOne
Originally posted by: dphantom
How about we just wish her well and a speedy recovery. I am no fan of Obama, but wish him the best.

Class.

And ass...

Has she recovered from the injuries she suffered when he threw her under the bus back in April??

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
This thread is a reminder to me of how much people let themselves get carried away. It really is healthy to make a regular habit of stepping back to square one even for only a few minutes to reflect on what you know and what you have been doing when it comes to politics. Otherwise, your mind and your words just end up transforming into a emotional loose cannon of counter productive nonsense. Priorities and respect in general get thrown way out into left field really quick when that happens.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Balt
Originally posted by: Dari
Did I say I hope she dies? Did I say I hope she's gravely ill? Did I say I'm glad if either of those comes true?

Answer: No.

But the fact is that this is the biggest political race in the world, and it's not a slam dunk win for Obama. As such, and due to the huge consequences of losing for either party, I don't take anything at face value - from either side.

I'd say stop slurping anything Obama and get into reality here, but, for many on here, that would necessitate actually being in reality, instead of what is distortedly viewed as such.

There's how you want it to be, and how it is.

The race for POTUS and how that is in reality conducted is what is...how you want it to be is fantasyland.

Chuck

And if he didn't go, Republicans would've been screaming about how insensitive he is...Face it, you don't like the guy so no matter what he does you'll always see it in a negative light.

You are wrong: I'm still undecided on I'm voting Obama or McCain. It doeesn't really matter except for my own personal vote, as I live in Chicagoland...it's going to go Obama here no matter what.

Just because I may still vote for Obama doesn't mean I don't see this for what it could be, and that's some last minute sympathy points right before the election. The difference here is I keep an open mind, where as the Obama slurpers feel sympathetic pain greater than if it were their own grandma.

I'd say, Keep it real, but, this is P&N....an impossibility....

Chuck

It's fine to be a skeptic, but there's no logic behind what you are saying. If he wanted to help his campaign he'd be better off staying on his schedule. Campaign rallies may not sway independents, but they do get his fervent supporters to go out and knock on doors and make phone calls on his behalf.

There's only two weeks to go and there's at least half a dozen swing states up for grabs where he could be campaigning. You really think he'd voluntary choose to take a trip to Hawaii just for a stunt? :roll:

The logic is he gets sympathy points from both independents and his base. He didnt' take a trip to Hawii for 2 weeks, he took it for 2.5 days....a good trade off for all those mothers who are independent and a good trade off to keep his working base energized - you can't not work another hour on behalf of the Messiah while he's visiting his dying grandmother, could you?

This is politics, at the most high level: I trust nothing.

Chuck