Obama rally in Des Moines

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Let me make it clear to you zealots before you smash your keyboards and spew more of your rhetoric, seen enough. I couldn't care less who wins this election, there are NO PROS to whichever side that will take over the debacle that we're in. It will take many more president terms to fix, so get over the illusion that a messiah will come and save us. Now that's out of the way, I will once again give my truthful opinions of what I saw on TV that have disgusted me to the core.

A portly woman of African American descendant whose said to be 45 yrs old, publicly states that she has never voted before this election, but felt compel to vote because she thinks "I can make a difference, this time". Her sentiment is shared amongst the bus load of other humanoids of similar ancestral root. Call it what you will, and deduce from it what you must, but I personally think that's just horseshit. I bet you if the reporter dare asks what issues she's voting for that appealed to her, she won't be able to answer, or give much relevancy into it.

Do you HONESTLY think that the reason she and the bus load of people really are voting because of reasons stated? Answer that question truthfully then we can move on to the next.

You really think Obama inspires? Inspires what? Is it because of the hatred for Republican in general that drives people to just about anything different? I wouldn't call that inspiring. What about him that's inspiring? That he tries to emulate JFK? That he's young, and "doesn't look like other presidents"? What is it? I fail to see inspirations. If you say that he gets people of similar background and color to support him, then it's not inspiration my friends, it's called reversed racism.

Now, McCain has his whole bag of issues too, but we're not talking about him so don't try to pull that into this conversation.

Make no mistake about this, your Obama is NOT JFK.

Edit: I've always been involved with this country's politics in one way or another, this is the only year that I've thrown in the hat. It has quite the opposite affect on me.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: SSSnail
Let me make it clear to you zealots before you smash your keyboards and spew more of your rhetoric, seen enough. I couldn't care less who wins this election, there are NO PROS to whichever side that will take over the debacle that we're in. It will take many more president terms to fix, so get over the illusion that a messiah will come and save us. Now that's out of the way, I will once again give my truthful opinions of what I saw on TV that have disgusted me to the core.

A portly woman of African American descendant whose said to be 45 yrs old, publicly states that she has never voted before this election, but felt compel to vote because she thinks "I can make a difference, this time". Her sentiment is shared amongst the bus load of other humanoids of similar ancestral root. Call it what you will, and deduce from it what you must, but I personally think that's just horseshit. I bet you if the reporter dare asks what issues she's voting for that appealed to her, she won't be able to answer, or give much relevancy into it.

Do you HONESTLY think that the reason she and the bus load of people really are voting because of reasons stated? Answer that question truthfully then we can move on to the next.

You really think Obama inspires? Inspires what? Is it because of the hatred for Republican in general that drives people to just about anything different? I wouldn't call that inspiring. What about him that's inspiring? That he tries to emulate JFK? That he's young, and "doesn't look like other presidents"? What is it? I fail to see inspirations. If you say that he gets people of similar background and color to support him, then it's not inspiration my friends, it's called reversed racism.

Now, McCain has his whole bag of issues too, but we're not talking about him so don't try to pull that into this conversation.

Edit: I've always been involved with this country's politics in one way or another, this is the only year that I've thrown in the hat. It has quite the opposite affect on me.
its called disinfranchisement, what she has felt her entire life you are just now experiencing.

you fail to see inspiration because your eyes are closed.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
JFK was no JFK.

If you think it's wrong for people to be inspired to get involved in the democratic processes of our country, then go move someplace where you'll feel more comfortable. Like China.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Oh, so you're telling me everybody that voted in this country is WHITE? I got you, so being Asian, I'm never disenfranchised. Gotcha!

Oh, I got it, my eyes are closed...

... Inspired to be involved in the democratic process? How about voting by color?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: alien42
its called disinfranchisement, what she has felt her entire life you are just now experiencing.

you fail to see inspiration because your eyes are closed.

Nah, I sense his problem is that he has lost the feeling of elitism he once had with being involved in politics when he thought most everyone else wasn't.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Oh, so you're telling me everybody that voted in this country is WHITE? I got you, so being Asian, I'm never disenfranchised. Gotcha!

... Inspired to be involved in the democratic process? How about voting by color?

Huh? What? Are on you crack?

I'm white BTW, but I have no clue what you're getting at by pulling the race card.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

What Inspires depends on what Needs people have, to a large extent. Why do you think this woman is being disingenuous or somehow worthy of your derision because she feels compelled to support Obama? African Americans have lived on the sidelines for Centuries and only within the last few Decades have began to achieve true Equality, this is an important milestone and the culmination of much sacrifice, including some peoples very Lives. MLK began the Dream, Obama is about to step up to a place where that Dream and the sacrifices to fulfil that Dream are realized. That is Inspiration.

Have you listened to Obama speak? He doesn't go on and on about Republicans, McCain, or even Palin. He'll bring them up at times, but he certainly doesn't dwell on them the same way they dwell on him. He's not the one dragging all kinds of Innuendo into the Campaign. He's not the one encouraging open hostility, then freaking out with the responses his own crowds bring. I think you are confused, Obama isn't the Old White Guy in the race.

"Humanoid"? WTF kinda talk is that? :| You are pissed off, that part is obvious, but quit denying it with this Emo Anti-X BS. JFK was JFK, Obama is the closest there has been to JFK, deal with it.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

you are dilusional, i did not even mention race in that post, of course there are caucasians who are disinfranchised. and yes, your eyes are closed.

since you mentioned voting by color, how many whites are voting for McCain because he is white? looking at the lack of diversity at the RNC i would say a lot.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
No, I'm just not on whatever you're on, kool-aid is strong...

Edit: And you're damn right I'm pissed off that this great country has to chose between two steaming piles of crap.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
since you are not voting this election, why don't you STFU.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Touched a nerve? Last time I check I'm still entitled to my opinion. Your veil is showing your hate.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Touched a nerve? Last time I check I'm still entitled to my opinion. Your veil is showing your hate.

Anger is not Hate, but neither is Trolling contributing to the Discussion.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Oh right, so the horde of elitists that bashed me for my opinion is not trolling, I got you. So, this perfectly illustrate my points. Now, kindly gtfo of my case.

Do tell me why you're angered though, is it because my opinion differs from yours? Is it because I speak the TRUTH?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Oh right, so the horde of elitists that bashed me for my opinion is not trolling, I got you. So, this perfectly illustrate my points. Now, kindly gtfo of my case.

Do tell me why you're angered though, is it because my opinion differs from yours? Is it because I speak the TRUTH?

What Truth would that be? That you don't care?

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001

That's a good comeback :roll:

I've seen enough stuff online and talked to enough people in person who are voting for Obama because they have caught onto his advertising. The typical line is something like this "Fuck Bush, Mccain is just like him, our economy is doing terrible and Obama is going to fix it, we're going to pay less taxes, and oh my god change is going to be so great".

The majority of people hate Bush because of either the war in Iraq or the economy.

Either candidate is going to scale down troops in Iraq because we have made a shitload of progress there. The news doesn't even bother reporting deaths anymore because it isn't high enough to catch people's attention. Notice how it was such a big fucking issue when the race started, but I certainly haven't been hearing about it lately. Honestly, how many of you even think about Iraq/Afghanistan on a daily basis? I know I don't and I've been to both places.

Also the economy isn't that horrible, I learned what a fucking business cycle is in no less then 5 classes so far. This one happens to be sharper because of freddie mac, fannie mae and there are a whole lot of people to blame for that one. Our unemployment rate is at 6.1%, hardly a crisis. It was at 10.1% in 1983, and we made it through that. Our stock markets are dropping and rising at record daily rates because it's so god damn easy to make quick transactions these days and people are idiots.

Now I'm not saying that Mccain is our god and savior, I happen to voting for him because I dislike him less then Obama. But both of them have really shitty math, and you are stupid if you believe all of their promises. It's financially impossible to support all of the programs that they have mentioned, lower taxes, and still have any cash left over.

The biggest thing that I dislike about Obama is the reduction of the military that will come, because I am directly affected by that. It may be selfish, but so are most of the reasons that people vote. Telling someone to shut the fuck up because they cant find a good candidate is absolutely retarded and uncalled for.

I also don't see any way that an Obama or Mccain victory will make my life any better then it is now. Local elections are so much more important, and I don't know jack shit about any of my local candidates which is really sad.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: Infohawk
Yep. It looks as though there are some cracks in the facade the media and dems have created.

Uh-oh it's the MSM boogieman again...

Need a recent example? DesMoines Register did a writeup on a democrat ad that was only run once because the candidate had run out of money and could only scrape up enough to run it once. But ofcourse the "paper" decided it was worthy of a special write-up. They asked the R candidate's campaign for a comment and they gave a statement...but the DMR didn't include it since it didn't fit the agenda of the story. Go figure.

But go ahead and continue to be blind to the obvious bias in the MSM if you wish.

Now back to BHO having to go to Iowa to campaign when Iowa is supposed to be a "lock" for him...

You nutcases just don`t get it do you.......
He did not have to go....sheese.....
Why can`t he do something just because he wants to?

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Originally posted by: Infohawk
Yep. It looks as though there are some cracks in the facade the media and dems have created.
Uh-oh it's the MSM boogieman again...
Yep, the so-called "Party of Values" has been replaced by "The Party of Victims." Waaaah! Woe is us! Just a bunch of whiny crybabies any more.

Pointing out the obvious bias is not playing a "victim" - it's pointing out the obvious.

facts are biased, ban facts

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

and your opinion is idiotic. Glad we all agree