Obama going for illegal alien amnesty

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
Want more folks to leave? Raise the fines and prosecute the businesses who abuse undocumented workers.

Problem solved.
--

Agree totally. Also stipulate that the Repubs didn't have the guts to do while in office. So why hasn't your hero Obama or any Dem proposed such a solution?

Answer: Because the Dems have just as much or more to gain by having millions of poor dependent immigrants suck on the govt tit and become long-term Dem voters, as the Repubs did having them become underpaid lawn and garden help.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Agree totally. Also stipulate that the Repubs didn't have the guts to do while in office. So why hasn't your hero Obama or any Dem proposed such a solution?

Answer: Because the Dems have just as much or more to gain by having millions of poor dependent immigrants suck on the govt tit and become long-term Dem voters, as the Repubs did having them become underpaid lawn and garden help.

Like everything else there is a 'middle ground'.

The country has to balance border protection along with an enforcement policy (against both the companies that hire and the undocumented workers themselves) and reasonable immigration policy.

The link I posted noted The Cato Institute issued a study which found, "... whatever savings might be achieved in public expenditures “would be more than offset by losses in economic output and job opportunities for more-skilled American workers.’’ ..."

So. Like everything else around here it depends upon your POV and own personal bias.

--

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Hello, are you illegal?
?no comprehende?
Got another one boys! Sir if you could just move over here and stand on this little platform...
Que? No comprehende?
Just a little to the left now...there you go.
Que?
LAUNCH!

LMAO again!

I'm actually pretty much where Wolf is. Completely seal off the border. Then provide a registration process over maybe 12 - 18 months. After that we check the status of each and every one. Anyone with gang tats, gang or other criminal activity, illegal use of ID, and any other felony or indication that aren't good citizen material gets detained for thirty days, then deported. Any non-registered illegal found gets detained for thirty days while we investigate his or her status, then either deported or sent to prison. Make returning after deportation a felony with a mandatory five year prison sentence. Those illegals getting clean reports get green cards plus five years to pay up their back taxes (with the same penalties for non-payment that citizens would face) and a ten-year path to citizenship with verifiable milestones such as demonstrating proficiency speaking, reading and writing English, gainful employment, and lawful behavior. After ten years they can pay a fine for jumping line and take standard citizenship tests (in English) to become citizens, or they can be detained for thirty days, then deported.

Unfortunately Obama is going to need those illegal votes for 2012, as the voters he inherited from Bush aren't working out too well. So I expect it'll be pretty much the Bush proposal - pay your back taxes for any two of the last five years (if that) and here's your check, green card, and citizenship test in Spanish. (This time the citizenship test will come pre-filled out, but it will be in Spanish so they know where to sign.)

Jun 26, 2007
We have, for many generations, spilled a lot of blood to say otherwise.

I was kidding, of course. But one fact remains true and that seems to remain true in any nation, the newest immigrants are those most opposed to further immigration.

I find it fucking pathetic, but that is just me and what do i know?

Jun 26, 2007
LMAO again!

I'm actually pretty much where Wolf is. Completely seal off the border. Then provide a registration process over maybe 12 - 18 months. After that we check the status of each and every one. Anyone with gang tats, gang or other criminal activity, illegal use of ID, and any other felony or indication that aren't good citizen material gets detained for thirty days, then deported. Any non-registered illegal found gets detained for thirty days while we investigate his or her status, then either deported or sent to prison. Make returning after deportation a felony with a mandatory five year prison sentence. Those illegals getting clean reports get green cards plus five years to pay up their back taxes (with the same penalties for non-payment that citizens would face) and a ten-year path to citizenship with verifiable milestones such as demonstrating proficiency speaking, reading and writing English, gainful employment, and lawful behavior. After ten years they can pay a fine for jumping line and take standard citizenship tests (in English) to become citizens, or they can be detained for thirty days, then deported.

Unfortunately Obama is going to need those illegal votes for 2012, as the voters he inherited from Bush aren't working out too well. So I expect it'll be pretty much the Bush proposal - pay your back taxes for any two of the last five years (if that) and here's your check, green card, and citizenship test in Spanish. (This time the citizenship test will come pre-filled out, but it will be in Spanish so they know where to sign.)

Pathetic racist twats do NOT IMPRESS ME!

Dec 30, 2004
and then we'll get millions more illegal immigrants because suddenly all our labor laws and minimum wages are going to protect these that are currently illegal.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
In the US, the only ones who are not illegal immigrants are the natives.

Just like In the UK, the only ones who are not illegal immigrants are the Welsh right? Idiot every country on this planet is built on taking land from others.

Jun 26, 2007
Just like In the UK, the only ones who are not illegal immigrants are the Welsh right? Idiot every country on this planet is built on taking land from others.

No, in England it really would be Englanders, We.shmen and Scotsmen (with a few misplaced spaniards, nowrwegians and french people here and there). The US isn't anything more than a European colony made into a nation by the French defeating the UK at the time.

Now, of fucking course i get your point and as a sane man i even agree with it, the point of the matter is that the US is a nation of immigrants, always have been and it's what keeps your nation great.

you should be proud of your small amount of immigrants that wants to immigrate to your nation, we could send over the hundreds of millions of Muslims that have immigrated to EU nations because of your stupidity instead if you want to.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
John, you must not know all that much about England because most the population is of Germanic descent. You know Anglo-Saxons. Why do you think English is a West Germanic Language?

Also, I am proud people want to come to this country. I want people to come here and I want people to be Americans. Never said otherwise. Rofl @ hundreds of millions of Muslims that immigrated to the EU. Quite the over exaggeration don't you think?

Last edited:

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
It's far to hard for people to migrate to this country legally. We should be encouraging people to come here legally and we should be encouraging people to want to be Americans. My problem with illegals isn't the people themselves, I've met and known plenty and they are almost always upstanding good people. My problem is we shouldn't be encouraging the act of coming here illegally.

edit - I'm not so much against amnesty as I think they don't really have any plans of changing immigration policies and just want to get a larger voter pool.

You're rgiht, we shouldn't be encouraging people to come here illegally. We should be physically preventing them from doing do. But that leaves the problem of what to do with those already here. Deporting them is extremely expensive, would cause a messy nation wide witchhunt, and wouldn't even come close to getting all of them. In the meantime, they are here taking services and not paying taxes, and undercutting legal citizens for jobs because they work for low wages and get paid under the table.

There is only one logical solution here, and it is two-pronged. First, you close the border. Second, you find a path to citizenship for those already here.

- wolf

Jun 26, 2007
John, you must not know all that much about England because most the population is of Germanic descent. You know Anglo-Saxons. Why do you think English is a West Germanic Language?

Also, I am proud people want to come to this country. I want people to come here and I want people to be Americans. Never said otherwise. Rofl @ hundreds of millions of Muslims that immigrated to the EU. Quite the over exaggeration don't you think?

ALL ENGLANDERS you stupid twat.

There are more than one hundred million Muslim immigrants all in all.

I want people to go to the US and become Americans too, most of all i want the lot of those we got stuck with because of your wars and support for wars to go there.

The fact that one city in the EU (can't recall wich nation, can't use any search engine, if you disbelieve me you'll have to find it on your own) with a population of less than 20K took in more Iraqi refugees than the entirety of north america should be somewhat telling though.

Of course, those people are considered unwanteds by the US, so that kinda explains it, just like us jews were unwanteds by the US in the 50's.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I've always been mixed on this issue. While it sucks in the short term for lower classes as jobs get more competitive for those positions we need it because immigrants have kids and Americans don't so much to support SS and medicaid system.

Jun 26, 2007
I've always been mixed on this issue. While it sucks in the short term for lower classes as jobs get more competitive for those positions we need it because immigrants have kids and Americans don't so much to support SS and medicaid system.

Well.... that was an unexpected reply.

You've always been fiercly against this sort of legislation before?

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
I think if a politician is for deporting all illegal immigrants, they should come out and clearly state it.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Heres how we can solve the illegal problem. Declare amnestry. When they come to get their papers, send them back to Mexico. Then build a 50 foot steel wall sealing us from mexico.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Well.... that was an unexpected reply.

You've always been fiercly against this sort of legislation before?

Not really. I have argued "there is nothing we can do about it" is a canard though. We could do plenty to stem the tide. Such as instant I9 checks similar to credit agencies which would scan for duplicate SS and fraudulent SS illegals use when attaining unemployment. The way system is now it takes 4-6 months for an employer to receive notification of fraudulent number, meanwhile they work the whole time and leave to another 4-6 month job once discovered, but they still have jobs. Taking the economic incentive away, jobs, would slow illegal immigration. I'm certainly not in favor of round ups and such.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
ALL ENGLANDERS you stupid twat.

There are more than one hundred million Muslim immigrants all in all.

I want people to go to the US and become Americans too, most of all i want the lot of those we got stuck with because of your wars and support for wars to go there.

The fact that one city in the EU (can't recall wich nation, can't use any search engine, if you disbelieve me you'll have to find it on your own) with a population of less than 20K took in more Iraqi refugees than the entirety of north america should be somewhat telling though.

Of course, those people are considered unwanteds by the US, so that kinda explains it, just like us jews were unwanteds by the US in the 50's.

All Englanders? Sorry that's not true either bud, try again. People of Anglo-Saxon descent are the majority in England because the German peoples went there and spread their seed taking over the country. That's what happened. I remember reading the oldest genetic marker there is in the Welsh, they are the closest thing to native people in England.

I agree though it's rather fucking stupid we didn't accept ALL Iraqi refugees. We started the damn thing we should of allowed any that fled to come here for shelter.

On the subject of Muslim immigrants, your numbers are WAY off I did a simple google search and there's like 50+ million in all of Europe, around 20 million in EU countries. 100 million+ is quite the exaggeration.

edit to woolfe9999- I don't believe we need a wall at all. I don't even want a wall. I used to think it was a good idea, but it doesn't fix the problem it just tries to ignore it. If we went after the people and companies that hired illegals harsher and we improved our immigration policies we would be in turn fixing the problem. The thing that sucks is a lot of illegals work in the agricultural industry which is heavily subsidized and we're basically paying them to stay here with tax payer money. Kind of sucks.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2007
All Englanders? Sorry that's not true either bud, try again. People of Anglo-Saxon descent are the majority in England because the German peoples went there and spread their seed taking over the country. That's what happened. I remember reading the oldest genetic marker there is in the Welsh, they are the closest thing to native people in England.

I agree though it's rather fucking stupid we didn't accept ALL Iraqi refugees. We started the damn thing we should of allowed any that fled to come here for shelter.

On the subject of Muslim immigrants, your numbers are WAY off I did a simple google search and there's like 50+ million in all of Europe, around 20 million in EU countries. 100 million+ is quite the exaggeration.

First of all, they were ALL ENGLANDERS (perhaps it'd do you good to understand what Englanders as a term means?)

Second, you're not even close, 100 million plus is an underestimate if anything, most from African countries but i do give you the point that less than 70 million of them are Arabs.

Did you also google what i asked you to? No "we take care of our own business" there, is there, i'm sure you did google it, im sure you found it true and i'm sure you don't want it spoken of, right?

Dishonest twats are the worst kind though so i'll leave you where you are, as pathetic AS you are.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
First of all, they were ALL ENGLANDERS (perhaps it'd do you good to understand what Englanders as a term means?)

Second, you're not even close, 100 million plus is an underestimate if anything, most from African countries but i do give you the point that less than 70 million of them are Arabs.

Did you also google what i asked you to? No "we take care of our own business" there, is there, i'm sure you did google it, im sure you found it true and i'm sure you don't want it spoken of, right?

Dishonest twats are the worst kind though so i'll leave you where you are, as pathetic AS you are.

Again your term Englanders is WRONG. The native people of England are the Britons. Odds are if you're English and have any Briton blood it's so diluted with Anglo-Saxon blood it's damn near not there. Welsh are Britons, they are native.

I don't even understand your middle paragraph, but if you include Turkey there are over 100 million Muslims in Europe. They didn't all migrate to Europe though so again you're wrong. If you're talking Muslims in Europe NOT including Turkey, which would leave mostly the migrates, it's not even close to 100 million Muslims.

http://translate.google.com/transla...pa+telt+ruim+53+mln.+moslims.html&sl=nl&tl=en